Are the Chiefs overhyped?

billybob71

29 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Mahomes just had another huge game in a win and you guys are acting like the Chiefs are terrible. Every team in the NFL is beatable. We lost to Zack Wilson. The Chiefs had a close game but won and Mahomes is likely the MVP. His numbers are ridiculous 

The Chiefs are weaker than they were a couple of years back ( their SB years..).. 

I'll take that...

I think the Bills have the edge because Josh seems to have shaken his mid-season slump (or just got healthy).  When he’s playing like he did last night, the Bills can and will beat anyone. Frankly, I’d rather play the Chiefs than the Bengals. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They aren't.  They have the best QB in football coupled with one of the best coaches.  They will be there at the end.

They are overrated ..  they aren’t as good as last year, but we may not be either.

We may just have to see if the Bills can flip a switch in the playoffs like last year.   We are developing a postseason pedigree, so we very well might .. especially when you factor in the willingness to unleash Allen’s legs in postseason games. 

As for the Chiefs - They still have Mahomes and Reid, as you point out.  They still have a playoff pedigree. 

They’re still the team to beat, even if they don’t get the 1 seed. 

Until another AFC team wins a Super Bowl, they are the team to beat. 

2 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

The answer to this question is this question:

Do you want to play another championship game in K.C.?

We just need to take care of business and bring those bit**** to Buffalo 🦬 !!! 

Edited by Putin

Honestly I think people put way too much stock into what happens on a week to week basis. What a team looked like last week, this week or next week doesn't really matter, it's how they look when the playoffs start that matters. The best teams usually flip a switch. 

Are they overhyped? 

Yes in comparison to the Chiefs of the past few years, they are. They are also one of the healthiest teams this season and haven't really hit adversity.

No in that Mahomes is more than capable of taking that team to a Superbowl Victory. 

Have to give them credit. Everyone was talking about how amazing the AFC West would be and questioning if the Chiefs would even win that division. All they've done is motor along and continue to dominate the Raiders, Chargers, and Broncos. 

ChiefsPlanet vulgarity aside, it isnt a particularly knowledgeable fanbase from what I've read there. They only know surface level statistics and seem to ride and die on that when down playing anything related to the Bills, Bengals, or Chargers. 

Edited by HaldimandBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HaldimandBills said:

Are they overhyped? 

Yes in comparison to the Chiefs of the past few years, they are. They are also one of the healthiest teams this season and haven't really hit adversity.

No in that Mahomes is more than capable of taking that team to a Superbowl Victory. 

Have to give them credit. Everyone was talking about how amazing the AFC West would be and questioning if the Chiefs would even win that division. All they've done is motor along and continue to dominate the Raiders, Chargers, and Broncos. 

ChiefsPlanet vulgarity aside, it isnt a particularly knowledgeable fanbase from what I've read there. They only know surface level statistics and seem to ride and die on that when down playing anything related to the Bills, Bengals, or Chargers. 

So chiefs deserve credit for AFCW being a bad division ? 

2 minutes ago, HaldimandBills said:

Thats gotta be the worst NFL Message board I have seen...  full of morons

• Thank you (+1) 1

Let's see:

Their coach Fat ***** was a notorious big game chump until he lucked into facing the Murderer's Row of the Texans (w/ Bill O'Brien), the Titans (w/ the Meathead), and the 49ers (w/ Kyle Shanahan :lol:) AND

Their star QB suffered 2 extreme meltdowns in his final game of the last 2 seasons (TB, then Bungles)

OVER-HYPED & OVER-RATED

I will admit though that Fat ***** makes me laugh in the commercial on the plane. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rico

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Mahomes just had another huge game in a win and you guys are acting like the Chiefs are terrible. Every team in the NFL is beatable. We lost to Zack Wilson. The Chiefs had a close game but won and Mahomes is likely the MVP. His numbers are ridiculous 

prop him up!

20 minutes ago, Putin said:

So chiefs deserve credit for AFCW being a bad division ? 

When everyone was writing about your funeral for trading Tyreek Hill? Yes you do! 

Or do you forget the the gauntlet that was supposed to be Russell Wilson, Josh McDaniel and Devante Adams, and the Super Duper Chargers? 

I will admit their schedule leaves alot to be desired and I am not sure just how good they actually are. They were lucky and played the Niners when 3 quarters of their defense was injured. No Eli Mitchell and CMC was literally traded that week and caught the Chargers in their 2nd game at the peak of their injuries. 

Looking at their schedule, and their best win was Week 2 vs the Chargers at home on a Thursday. Read into that as much as you would like. 

Edited by HaldimandBills
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

If KC gets two seed, it wouldn't happen until the title game. Might be the most fired up Bills mafia will ever be.

I don't think a player has ever started his career by playing 10 straight home games (Likely 11):

18: Beat Indy before losing to NE

19: Beat Hou & Ten

20: Beat Cle & some other team.

21: Beat Pit, some other team, and lose to Cin.

22: Will get at minimum one home game. 

That is unheard of.

Possibly some patriot player that got drafted in ne and got a 2nd contract there may have had 10 home playoff games to start career.  

2 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

Here we go again - people they have Mahomes - no they are not over hyped- not sure why the constant rhetoric of these conversations have to be had when games are not blow outs. NFL any given week anything can happen 

totally understand what you and others are sayin I started thread more as a response to the Chiefs Planet one, it was kinda  entertaining reading through it a bit, but 20 min of my life i wont get back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

Strength of schedule through 14 weeks:

1.  Jets

4.  Bills

7.  Dolphins

16.  Patriots

19.  Chiefs

28.  Eagles

31.  49ers

For what it's worth.

The only thing it's worth is who gets W in the playoffs - having a hard schedule may make us feel more prepared and maybe we are buy means nothing if we lay an egg

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

totally understand what you and others are sayin I started thread more as a response to the Chiefs Planet one, it was kinda  entertaining reading through it a bit, but 20 min of my life i wont get back.

Wasn't meaning to call anyone specific out- I have been a member on this board for years without posting and just read for laughter and would log out. Then had an accident that has had me limited in what I can do so I have been sucked into a abyss of misery on these boards- alot is just my perspective right now- 

Edited by BlazinBill
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Possibly some patriot player that got drafted in ne and got a 2nd contract there may have had 10 home playoff games to start career.  

I looked it up.

Most consecutive home playoff games NE played was:

09-13: 7

09: One and done against Ravens

10: One and done against Jets

11: Beat Den & Ravens. Lost SB

12: Beat Hou & lost to Ravens

13: Beat indy before losing in Denver

This is of course all irrelevant. If Mahomes wants to catch Brady in SB wins, his team better get him an elite D. 

But yes...how would Mahomes do in Buffalo weather in late January?

1 minute ago, BlazinBill said:

Wasn't meaning to call anyone specific out- I have been a member on this board for years without posting and just read for laughter and would lig out. The had an accident that has had me limited in what I can do so I have been sucked into a abyss of misery on these boards- alot is just my perspective right now- 

no worries Blazin, Merry Christmas to you and God Bless

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Agreed.

We can say they have been lucky at times. But they were also unlucky in losses to Indy & Cin.

We got lucky against Baltimore, Miami in snow, and Detroit. Those all very well should have been losses.

To your point, if we are going to say the Chiefs aren't what the record says, than the Bills need the same treatment. 

I have absolutely no idea anymore who will come out of the AFC. Every team is flawed. NFC has Eagles. I'd be stunned if they lose before the Super Bowl.

49ers, Dallas, and the Vikings could all potentially beat them, especially with an injury to a key player. Eagles have been extremely lucky on the injury front. 

9 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

We actually best kc at their house. And we had them dead to rights 

I'd rather not press our luck with another playoff game in that stadium.

KC is way better at home. I also find that they have played better against top tier competition than lower tier competition. They seem to do better against better teams. And let their foot off the gas against dregs.

Yes, we essentially have won three games there in the past 16 months. But I want them in Buffalo.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

49ers, Dallas, and the Vikings could all potentially beat them, especially with an injury to a key player. Eagles have been extremely lucky on the injury front. 

If an injury doesn't happen, I don't see them losing to Minnesota. Minnesota has a poor D & just looks out of sorts.

Dallas could give them trouble because of familiarity. But Dallas doesn't have great coaching. 

SF is the one I think would have the best shot. Shanahan seems to do well no matter the QB. He is a top three coach imo. I wouldn't be stunned if SF went into that stadium and won.

But Philly is a tough place to play. It is cold and the fans are...interesting to say the least.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The chiefs are a very good team.  It’s the NFL, very good teams sometimes lose/don’t play well vs lesser teams.  Period

This made me think of what they would do to the ‘72 Dolphins. That thought made me laugh!  We’ve come a LONG way! That would be like a Maserati vs a Model T. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

No, no they are not, they have Patrick Mahomes at QB, just like us, we have Josh Allen at QB, both these guys are real F ing good at what they do. 

GO BILLS!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.