I’m starting to get extremely frustrated with Dorsey.

FireChans

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Bills are lacking a stretch the field WR. They have no home run threat anymore. Davis isn't that guy. Not sure why? The other WRs often don't get a lot of separation. The WR core does lack talent. McKenzie is not dependable, Gabe is average, Shakir doesn't play, Beasley and Browne are washed, and that only leaves Diggs.

The Bills RBs don't scare any team and you don't have to game plan for them.

The oline is below average with leads to a lack of consistent running production and Allen protection.

Then there's Josh Allen who can and does do it all fairly consistently.

It's easy to blame Dorsey but the offensive problems are more a lack of talent and weapons coupled with injuries rather than a Dorsey problem. 

I'll give you that, but if you know your wrs after Diggs struggle with getting separation, than why call so many 1 on 1 routes? Hopefully Dorsey will demand more draft help from McB. Just stop with the stupid college wr screens that never work. Or that ridiculous throw to Diggs 5 yards behind the LOS. Maybe a few less RPO's where the RB has to come to a stop before getting the ball.  Mostert was handed the ball at full speed.

• Like (+1) 2

I am hoping that Dorsey, unlike Daboll, is saving his offensive diversity for the playoffs. Trick plays, unique plays like TE screens, more motion, etc. might be saved for the playoffs or must have games (like Cinci.) I am projecting that by the way because I am also frustrated with his lack of slants, screens, bubbles, motion, runs, and creative plays. With all this said we are 11-3 and scoring fine. He is also learning along the way. Right now his shotgun on third and 1 or 2 is the main thing that makes me bonkers as it kills play action. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'll give you that, but if you know your wrs after Diggs struggle with getting separation, than why call so many 1 on 1 routes? Hopefully Dorsey will demand more draft help from McB. Just stop with the stupid college wr screens that never work. Or that ridiculous throw to Diggs 5 yards behind the LOS. Maybe a few less RPO's where the RB has to come to a stop before getting the ball.  Mostert was handed the ball at full speed.

I really didn't think the offense was bad this game. They showed more explosiveness this game than they have since early in the season. At one point, they were 3 of 3 in the red zone with TDs. The winning drive started at their own 5 yard line. They converted numerous 3rd down conversions in that drive. Singletary ripped off some nice runs. Mixed in the run and pass effectively. I know stats can be deceiving but the Bills did score 32 points. Not sure why all the negativity with the offense. 

I was more disappointed with the Bills defense.  

• Like (+1) 3

Honestly what are you supposed to do when you’ve got van roten and Bobby Hart on the offensive line.  They might be the two worst offensive linemen in the league and I don’t even think that’s hyperbole 😂. We’re missing our two mediocre depth linemen so we’ve gotta jump right to the bottom of the barrel guys when we lose a starter 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

11-3.

What is The eagles record , might be an issue if they are SB eligible!?  Lol!  Great win tho !  Great comeback!  😊. I remember beating the Raiders 51-3 , then even beating Montana in Kc etc.  Unfortunately our record didn’t just give us a Lombardi !  😊. Multi factorial game I think. 

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

Here’s the thing. I have never been a “fire the OC” guy. I think if you polled fans of 32 NFL teams, and ask them their biggest problem with their team, it would either be the OC or playcalling, two nebulous concepts that usually come down to more of a lack of execution than anything else.

All that being said, Dorsey is driving me nuts. I can live with getting away from the run a little bit. Josh is our best offensive weapon and anytime the ball isn’t in his hands, defenses are happy. 

What I cannot deal with is a lack of preparedness and what appears to be glaring schematic flaws. 

There were two separate occasions on deep shots tonight where Gabe Davis and Isaiah McKenzie were operating within 2 yards of each other. Unless one of those recievers ran the wrong route, there is exactly NO excuse for that. These were not flood concepts or rubs or anything like that. Just two guys running flag routes next to each other.

The other thing. Backup OLmen all over the field because of injuries, not his fault. But we go out there and try to catch the defense with cadence with two backups in on the OL? Is that a joke? Of course, Saffold jumped (which is even funnier) but I question the decision making at all.

Bottom line is the Bills offense is still really good. Statistically one of the best. But a lot of times, it feels to me that Josh ends games dragging this team to the finish line after mixed results for the first 3 Q’s. And you know, that’s fine. If that’s the story of the 2022 Bills offense, it’s still pretty good. 

But to me, I don’t think that’s the sum of our parts. I think that’s selling us short. 

As a positive, Knox was infinitely more involved today which was awesome to see and definitely worked. So you know, Dorsey isn’t hopeless. But these are the kind of things that I had hoped would be cleaned up by week 6,

We are winning.  This time of year that is all that counts.   You don't get style points for a win. Just stop.

What is wrong with all you complainers.

We are 11 -3.

Try to enjoy it.

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

The majority of the problem is crappy oline play.   Fix oline,  give Josh time and it will improve.   Until then,  gut it out,  experiment with Ike possibly, etc.  

For what we saw tonight, or last night that is, how can Ike be any worse? I shudder to think what the 49ers would do to this oline

• Like (+1) 2

He did a lot better this week but for some reason he loves out routes which are the least productive and most dangerous because of interceptions for 6 more likely than in the middle of the field. Need more seem routes, over the middle and crossing patterns. Also need to use the backs and TEs in the passing game. If we use all our weapons and we would be back to dominating offense.

• Agree 1

I thought the first half yesterday was the best half Dorsey has called for a while. He definitely had a rough 3rd Quarter. 

It isn't getting away from the run that frustrates me. It is getting away from the quick game. It is an important part of keep Josh in rhythm. When the ball is coming out quickly then when he does need to hold it for a bit longer to escape from pressure he feels and looks more relaxed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BadboyBills said:

Okay, but execute instead of leading the league in dropped passes.

Exactly, it's impossible for dorsey to be perfect, and there's times he frustrates me. But the amount of game changing dropped passes this team has had this season is mind boggling. Dorsey can't make players catch the ball. Legitimately we are undefeated with just a few of those passes caught and we are talking about dorsey being a head coach next season.

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sometimes you need to look a little more deeper into things then just reading a box score.

I also understand this is the NFL and the other team actually gets paid to play as well.

If anyone watched and couldn’t see our offense looked completely different when Morse got hurt I guess I don’t know what to tell you.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, gobills404 said:

When the offense does well it’s all thanks to Josh and when the offense has a bad drive/game it’s because of Dorsey. Same thing every week.

You comment is an accurate recitation of the facts.  PFF (which I realize we are required to hate) grades Josh Allen as the #1 QB in the NFL.  The Bills offense is Graded 14th.   Lets look at the gaps for the other top teams in the NFL.  Mahomes #2, Chiefs Offense #2.   Jalen Hurts #3, Eagles Offense #1.  Joe Burrow #4, Bengals Offense #4. Tua #5  Dophins Offense #5.   Kirk Cousins is the Anti-Josh.  Cousin's is ranked 13th, while the Vikings offense is ranked 6th.   

image.thumb.png.50f5ffceacd2878154fbac66646fbc91.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I will cut Dorsey some slack because he's a rookie playcaller. He's young and has a ton to learn still. What bothers me is that we are not seeing plays that had worked in the past he's not even trying to stretch the field horizontally, too much of the vertical game isn't working,

As Firechan said, you see players converging on the same spot on certain plays.

Did Daboll took last year PlayBook with him? 

Where are the hi/low concept plays? We rarely motion guys, we rarely run those jet sweeps with McKenzie anymore. 

If he could make the slightest adjustments we would be even more dangerous.

7 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I’m starting to get ….frustrated isn’t the right word, “Bemused” by is better - fans on this board who can’t even enjoy the win for an hour without dunking on a player or two or a coach.

It’s a solid post, the Dolphins ran all over us and Josh had to bust out the wheels to save this team again.  

It’s nowhere near as frustrating as when you told us what we can or can’t talk about for a year.    That was “bemusing” 

Edited by Teddy KGB

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I really didn't think the offense was bad this game. They showed more explosiveness this game than they have since early in the season. At one point, they were 3 of 3 in the red zone with TDs. The winning drive started at their own 5 yard line. They converted numerous 3rd down conversions in that drive. Singletary ripped off some nice runs. Mixed in the run and pass effectively. I know stats can be deceiving but the Bills did score 32 points. Not sure why all the negativity with the offense. 

I was more disappointed with the Bills defense.  

A reasonable take! That result was on a porous defense 

8 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

It’s a solid post, the Dolphins ran all over us and Josh had to bust out the wheels to save this team again.  

It’s nowhere near as frustrating as when you told us what we can or can’t talk about for a year.    That was “bemusing” 

Allen, Knox, Cook and even Davis all balled 

Beane deserves a lot of credit for this roster but also the blame for its weaknesses.  They’ve failed to get an OLine that is better than average, not investing enough in the draft at those positions or missing when they do.  They’ve failed to get more physical despite having to play in conditions that dictate you have that ability when it matters most, especially with the backs and they’ve had the opportunity to shore that up.  They’ve not actually drafted any good depth at safety and it shows with Hyde’s injury.  There are certainly things to get mad at Dorsey for but the personnel issues are a lot of the real problem.  Davis is a fine receiver but they don’t scare anyone underneath at the slot and they need to get more creative in their routes because every throw seems to be contested rather than open by good design. 

2 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

Beane deserves a lot of credit for this roster but also the blame for its weaknesses.  They’ve failed to get an OLine that is better than average, not investing enough in the draft at those positions or missing when they do.  They’ve failed to get more physical despite having to play in conditions that dictate you have that ability when it matters most, especially with the backs and they’ve had the opportunity to shore that up.  They’ve not actually drafted any good depth at safety and it shows with Hyde’s injury.  There are certainly things to get mad at Dorsey for but the personnel issues are a lot of the real problem.  Davis is a fine receiver but they don’t scare anyone underneath at the slot and they need to get more creative in their routes because every throw seems to be contested rather than open by good design. 

It’s play design. The Bills are back to running a high school level route tree. What’s it supposed to look like? It’s supposed to look like the last drive’s underneath slant to McKenzie, where breaks under the outside receiver and is wide open for a first down. What does it look like? “Everyone go out to the red car and turn around.”

4 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

We are winning.  This time of year that is all that counts.   You don't get style points for a win. Just stop.

What is wrong with all you complainers.

We are 11 -3.

Try to enjoy it.

Opinion noted. I think the Bills offense could be better so I’m going to continue to talk about that. Thanks.

To me it was super evident last night that the Dolphins were the more complete and better coached team.  

But the Bills have Josh Allen.

Josh is at his worst when he thinks he has to do it all himself and plays hero ball.  With this coaching staff, they basically call the game like “Josh we got nothing you’re gonna have to do it all yourself”

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Malazan said:

I have the same issue with Dorsey's playcalling every week.. it seems like he wants the big shot too often.  He also seems very, very predictable where they get into a groove passing then have a miss and it feels like every time after that it's a run. 

There's other issues I think they need to address that are more impactful though.. any pass that is at or behind the line of scrimmage seems to be a disaster. Not wasting downs on this I think would be a great help. 

I'm pretty sure Dorsey doesn't have a play called "everybody go deep".  There are multiple options available on every called passing play.  I have seen very little commentary on the fact that execution could be a contributing factor to what people are perceiving as offensive struggles.

9 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Daboll was not that different  Think were seeing some of the fallout from a team that failed to shore up its O line and that was before the injuries piled up  We dont have any difference makers on offense besides 17 and 14 and especially not on the O line

Daboll's play design was a lot better though. I actually thought Dorsey was better yesterday but the thing I have hated from Dorsey this year is that he loves the run the ball on 2nd and long. 2nd and 12 and he runs Singletary and now we have a 3rd and long. That drives me nuts

20 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Knox was the MAN on offense last night, no bones about it 

Great game, still had brutal drops. Still only has one 100 yard game in his career. 

To be honest his contract is the worst thing that happened to him.  Without the contract he a great role player. With the contract he's paid like a super star so expectations went into the moon especially with a monster QB contract on the books you can't pay guys like that like we did on the drought.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

To me that's more Allen making something out of nothing.

Dorsey's play calling has been..."interesting" since the bye week.

There are two great players on offense: Allen and Diggs.  Singletary is pretty good and beyond that, there is no other player that opponents need to worry about.  Add in an average, at best, OL and I think the offense’s problems go beyond play calling.

19 minutes ago, Buckets said:

Why do 90 percent of the pass plays have to be 20 yards or more. Long scoring drives keep the opposing offense off the field.

(And their defense on the field)

I mean, this just isn't the case.  Josh threw a myriad of 5-10 yard routes yesterday and the game was iced on a 15 play 86 yard drive that took up all of the last 5 minutes.

57 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Here's the deal. 

Last year posts all about frustration with Dabol.

Now it's Dorsey. 

Posts about frustration with Frazier.

Posts about special teams frustrations. 

It's the head coach. 

...for not replacing them?

5 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

There are two great players on offense: Allen and Diggs.  Singletary is pretty good and beyond that, there is no other player that opponents need to worry about.  Add in an average, at best, OL and I think the offense’s problems go beyond play calling.

Here we are, survivors of an offense-challenged 17 year playoff drought complaining about a division win in which 32 points were scored. What a time to be alive 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.