I thought 10-3 would feel better...

Inigo Montoya

After beating the Jets today the Bills are 10-3 and in the lead in the AFCE and sitting as the #1 seed in the AFC.  If you had taken a poll here at the start of the season and asked if we would take those stats heading into week 15 of the season, I think it would be 80/20 in favor of it.

Recognizing the Bills are sitting in a very good position right now, why does it feel like this has been a really rough season?

Maybe it's the constant parade of injuries?  The bad loses to the Phins, Jets, and Vikings?  Maybe the fact that we haven't seen the Bills' offense find that gear that they ended the season in last season?  Or maybe it's because the Bills have left themselves no room for error going forward if they want to win the division and the #1 seed?

I'm not complaining about where the BIlls are sitting at right now, I just imagined 10-3 would feel a whole lot better than it does. 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 13
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Starter injuries and more close games than we have been used to. 2 bad losses to MIA and MIN.

All in all this team has impressive mental toughness where other teams would have buckled.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• Inigo Montoya changed the title to I thought 10-3 would feel better...
6 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

After beating the Jets today the Bills are 10-3 and in the lead in the AFCE and sitting as the #1 seed in the AFC.  If you had taken a poll here at the start of the season and asked if we would take those stats heading into week 15 of the season, I think it would be 80/20 in favor of it.

Recognizing the Bills are sitting in a very good position right now, why does it feel like this has been a really rough season?

Maybe it's the constant parade of injuries?  The bad loses to the Phins, Jets, and Phins?  Maybe the fact that we haven't seen the Bills' offense find that gear that they ended the season in last season?  Or maybe it's because the Bills have left themselves no room for error going forward if they want to win the division and the #1 seed?

I'm not complaining about where the BIlls are sitting at right now, I just imagined 10-3 would feel a whole lot better than it does. 

Along with beating the division leaders of the AFC and one of the wild card teams, we've also played all those teams along with another AFC Wild card team and a Division leader in the NFC. Our schedule this year is ***** tough.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, Einstein said:

Same.

Glad we are 10-3 but the way we are winning does not feel satisfying at all.

Dropping passes, missing tackles, numerous holding penalties… just not what you want to see as we get closer to the playoffs.

Look at it this way- if not for those mistakes they might be 13-0

• Agree 5

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Part of me still feels like this team is fools gold…hopefully I’m wrong…

I feel the same in a way, but it reminds me of last year a bit.

Bills were struggling in early December and then turned it up a notch the last 3 weeks and into the post season.

Funny we think the bills are “struggling” at 10-3, but it does seem that way. especially on some aspects of offence and situational 3rd down defence

After today’s win I wasn’t super excited TBH. The Bills feel like a very flawed team. With Von and Hyde out, it’ll be on the offense to lead us to the Lombardi trophy, but they haven’t looked great in 6 weeks. As long as they continue to score one more point than the other team week after week, we’ll win it all, but their current play doesn’t instill confidence and I feel like I’m just waiting for the inevitable disappointment. But hey, win or lose, I’m here for it! 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Why did you use the jinx of saying losses to phins twice?  Now I gotta unjinx them. 

Abracadabra. Chupacabra.  Retatta. 

LOL!  You fixed it!

6 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

It feels rough because we have situationally terrible 3rd down defense 

Yup, what’s up with that? It’s been going on for some time now, the D plays really well, except on 3rd downs, it’s becoming a running joke, Is this on the players or the coaches or what? 

GO BILLS!!!

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

Imagine complaining and crying over a 10-3 record and being the #1 seed.  Give me an effing break

Thanks for completely misrepresenting what I said.

🍻

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

This team was the pre-season SB favourites.  After two weeks, 17-0 seemed doable as the Bills punter was the loneliest player in football.  A bad loss to Miami, but then even though they played bad, when push came to shove they beat Baltimore and then prior to the bye, really were the better team vs. KC.

Since the bye and halftime vs. GB they've sputtered. 

Take a look at SF & Philly this week.  KC took care of business on the road and Cincy controlled Cleveland.

What did the Bills do?  5 straight punts vs. NYJ and then when they could have closed out the game looked lost.

10-3 and still in the drivers seat, but no one is excited right now, which may not be a terrible thing.

How many times have us fans said "Next week"?     

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Thanks for completely misrepresenting what I said.

🍻

Plenty here are very good at that!!!!!😉

• Dislike 3

20 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Maybe it's the constant parade of injuries?  The bad loses to the Phins, Jets, and Vikings?  Maybe the fact that we haven't seen the Bills' offense find that gear that they ended the season in last season?  Or maybe it's because the Bills have left themselves no room for error going forward if they want to win the division and the #1 seed?

We complain we can't win 1 score games, then we go win a few 1 score games in a row and people complain.

Lol...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

I feel good. All you need to do is remember 17 years of futility. 

For many seasons I was irrationally searching for moral victories, now fans are uneasy at 10-3.  

Well last year we lost all one score games at least this year we are winning some !!!

• Like (+1) 1

Probably because the offense has cooled off considerably and Allen still seems a bit off. Players that fans depended on to take a next step or have increased roles haven’t produced. The Bills offense didn’t get rolling again until late last season so hopefully they can find that rhythm again. As for margin for error, expecting to have the #1 seed by more than a game or so is probably not realistic in the AFC.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Airseven said:

10-3 would feel better if the goal, standard, and (inflated) expectation wasn’t the Super Bowl.

Exactly.  The most likely SB winner has about a 17% chance, so when you accept the fact that the best team has an 83% chance of not winning it all, you can relax a bit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.