NY Jets at Buffalo Bills, Sunday Dec 11 at 1 pm

Beck Water

I predict  triple A will win against the Jets. A.J Klein, A.J Ep  And Shaq Lawson. Not to take away from the Dline, but game saving plays will come from these  3 and hopefully Poyer. If we don't knock the snot outta White early. it could be a long day. 12 th man gonna be a player on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I wonder what "deal with" means. 

This Sunday will be 5-weeks since the initial injury. 

I can't believe he would still be in pain every time he throws. I haven't seen him on the field rub the elbow after a throw, or shake out his arm after a hit. 

I can see some tenderness after a game maybe, or working on the range of motion/tightness in the joint. 

I suspect when the season is over we find out his elbow injury was more severe than he ever let on.  I won’t be surprised if he has some surgery even.   It seems, to me, quite clear his struggles have been due to over compensation for trying to limit excess  torque on the elbow, and hesitation at times probably due to concern over the throwing angle or some such nonsense.   

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Jamie Nails said:

We actually do, because they are listed as DNPs, meaning they did not practice. Two days in a row is not a good sign. The only gray area is those that are limited, as its hard to know if they are super limited or closer to practicing in full, only missing a few snaps/drills. 

I still think we know what they want us to know. I remain hopeful

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Jets getting ready to feel what it's like when the SB favorites turns it up a notch or two down the stretch run.

This game will not be as close as people think. Bills by 2 scores+.

Agreed. I’m taking the Bills and laying the points. I see a 31-14 type game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nosejob said:

I predict  triple A will win against the Jets. A.J Klein, A.J Ep  And Shaq Lawson. Not to take away from the Dline, but game saving plays will come from these  3 and hopefully Poyer. If we don't knock the snot outta White early. it could be a long day. 12 th man gonna be a player on Sunday.

I’m sorry am I the only one confused by the triple A part of this??

• Haha (+1) 8

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

No one knows. 

Banged Up Bills writes a post-game injury analysis and he picked up several injuries or potential injuries during the NE game, but nothing with Milano.

Do you now?

2020  Games missed: 6  W-L 3-3

2021  Games missed: 1  W

2022 Games missed: 1 so far  L

Yes, Milano is important to our offense. 

But while I think he would have made a difference, I don't think he's the reason we lost that Jets game 17-20 either.

Always gotta be the “fact checker” … omg we actually don’t lose every game when he’s out like you posted 🙄

First the guy is playing lights out this year. I don’t care about your facts from years ago. Second you and I both know that the guy needs to be on the field to have a shot at this thing. So you can be “right” all you want and nit pick this or that but in the end my vague description of “we lose games when he is not playing” was not intended to be a statement of fact other than an observation of one of the best players we have on defense and when he’s out it is not good for us.  

6 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Always gotta be the “fact checker” … omg we actually don’t lose every game when he’s out like you posted 🙄

I didn’t post that - you did.  Just to be clear.

Look, Milano missed 1 game this year.  We lost.  Would we have had a better defense if he’d played?  Sure.  But anyone who watched that game knows that despite being without Milano, the game came down to a bad read or decision by Allen that led to a 2nd down INT on the Buff 22 yd line and gave the Jets a TD 4 plays later.

6 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

First the guy is playing lights out this year. I don’t care about your facts from years ago. Second you and I both know that the guy needs to be on the field to have a shot at this thing. So you can be “right” all you want and nit pick this or that but in the end my vague description of “we lose games when he is not playing” was not intended to be a statement of fact other than an observation of one of the best players we have on defense and when he’s out it is not good for us.  

No one would disagree that Milano is playing lights out this year, but likewise no one football knowledgeable would deny that when the score ends 17-20 and 7 of those 20 points came on an INT thrown deep in Bills territory, the Bills had a real chance to win that Jets game Milano missed.

If you don’t intend a statement of fact about actual results of games maybe you shouldn’t phrase it that way

I guess according to you the Bills ought to just forfeit this one if Milano isn’t playing.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Look, Milano missed 1 game this year.  We lost.  Would we have had a better defense if he’d played?  Sure.  But anyone who watched that game knows that despite being without Milano, the game came down to a bad read or decision by Allen that led to a 2nd down INT on the Buff 22 yd line and gave the Jets a TD 4 plays later.

No one would disagree that Milano is playing lights out this year, but likewise no one football knowledgeable would deny that when the score ends 17-20 and 7 of those 20 points came on an INT thrown deep in Bills territory, the Bills had a real chance to win that Jets game Milano missed.

If you don’t intend a statement of fact about actual results of games maybe you shouldn’t phrase it that way

I guess according to you the Bills ought to just forfeit this one if Milano isn’t playing.

Ok you win 

42 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's a weird on-field aspect of the three losses, to my eye: the offense is what failed to win each of those games.

Despite any and all of the defensive issues that we saw, the offense had clear and present opportunities to close out all three losses. And they failed. Offense gets to dictate. Defense has to react. Therefore, a good/great offense is in the driver's seat. And they crashed too often in those losses. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

It's a weird on-field aspect of the three losses, to my eye: the offense is what failed to win each of those games.

Despite any and all of the defensive issues that we saw, the offense had clear and present opportunities to close out all three losses. And they failed. Offense gets to dictate. Defense has to react. Therefore, a good/great offense is in the driver's seat. And they crashed too often in those losses. 

Facts

10 hours ago, Ta111 said:

I'm taking the 9.5 points. The Jets D is legit. The Bills offense will have difficulty getting TDs. I don't see many quick explosive plays frim the offense. I think we see longer drives with lots of running and short passes. 

I do think the Jets offense struggles vs the Bills D. I'm not sold on White or their offensive scheme. The Bills have several guys back who missed the first game when they played. 

Bottom line for me is this is just too many points. I see a close hard fought battle here. I think the Bills win but not by 10 or more. 

In my office pool I took the Jets plus the points. The Jets are good. If they had a QB they would be really good. The Jets D is legit so they will keep them in the game. They are also fighting for their playoff lives and they treat the Bills games like it's their personal Super Bowl. I think by around 4:00 Sunday afternoon we will all be nervous hoping the Bills win. I do think the Bills will win but it will be close. Bills 23-20 is my guess.

In my office pool I took the Jets plus the points. The Jets are good. If they had a QB they would be really good. The Jets D is legit so they will keep them in the game. They are also fighting for their playoff lives and they treat the Bills games like it's their personal Super Bowl. I think by around 4:00 Sunday afternoon we will all be nervous hoping the Bills win. I do think the Bills will win but it will be close. Bills 23-20 is my guess.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

Dawkins said on GMFB he is playing 

great, now he'll go on IR!  Joking obviously, but it does make you wonder how much control the players have over their ability to play through injuries (barring concussions which are supposed to be out of the players' hands).  Hopefully he plays...we need him against that Jet line.

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

great, now he'll go on IR!  Joking obviously, but it does make you wonder how much control the players have over their ability to play through injuries (barring concussions which are supposed to be out of the players' hands).  Hopefully he plays...we need him against that Jet line.

I think the players have a good bit of input.

For one thing, as "he I shall not name" once said, "it's the players choice to take a pain injection or not".  The NFLPA has come out against the use of Toradol for "anticipated pain" and against Toradol injections vs. the pill form, so the players do have the union behind them if the team tries to push them into it.

For another thing, they go through physical ability evaluations with the head trainer, sometimes pre-game, and they can influence what they show based on their personal pain tolerance and grit and how much adrenaline they have going on about wanting to play.

Sometimes I think it works against them and against the team - Milano played a game when he couldn't lift his arm to tackle partway through.  I'm sure he managed to show the head trainer a lifted arm pre-game but he probably only had so many arm lifts he could manage with that partially torn pec.

For a third thing, several here have told stories about doing some work in a player's house, or being invited to a gathering as the friend of a friend, and seeing a player who was just injured NOT doing common sense things to take care of a known injury.  I think in one anecdote, the guy was playing video games and it wasn't until his wife came home that she brought him a bag of ice and a footstool to elevate his ankle.  So how seriously and carefully the player follows what they're told to do by the trainers and physicians probably has a big influence as well.

I know we got my daughter recovered from a Grade II ankle sprain and able to play volleyball in under a week though she lost some height on her blocks for more like 2-3. The trainers said they'd never seen a sprain clear so fast, but it was really Hell for her - cold bath for 20 minutes once an hour is uncomfortable and eventually painful to the skin, the rest of the stuff like elevation, compression, arnica massage disrupted her preferred routine.  It wasn't a Fun Time at all for her to stick to that routine for 48 hrs post injury.  But it clearly made a difference to recovery vs. another player who might not have stuck it out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I had a hard time following that with my ADD. 

Thank you.  It makes me feel a bit better that I'm not the only one "left out" by that and even more obscure Bills Social Media productions.

I'm sure to the relevant target demographic, they're killing it.

This game is a great sports psychology study.  The Bills should bear the Jets at home fairly easily.  In the past several years the Bills have struggled being front runners. A win in this game is evidence they have overcome this psychological block.  

Edited by Chaos

5 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

If all pro lano is out my curiosity will be to the snaps our 3rd round draft choice receives and how he performs in that game action.  

Curiosity = downright dread. He sucks. Looks like a special teams/JAG. 

37 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

If all pro lano is out my curiosity will be to the snaps our 3rd round draft choice receives and how he performs in that game action.  

I’m sure he will perform admirably watching Klein get most of the reps next to Edmunds.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Milano not definitely out. McDermott just said only Phillips and Gilliam are out for sure. That’s a good sign 

If he played the whole NE game with the injury I feel much better.  When did Phillips turn into such a glass cannon though?

Edited by Roundybout

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm sure when McDermott was questioned today, there was no follow-up to how serious/how long Jordan Phillips will be out. 

Maybe the answer would be day to day, but I'm sure we moved on to talking about how much snow is left in McDermott's driveway. 

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm sure when McDermott was questioned today, there was no follow-up to how serious/how long Jordan Phillips will be out. 

Maybe the answer would be day to day, but I'm sure we moved on to talking about how much snow is left in McDermott's driveway. 

Can you explain why this is so important to you?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Can you explain why this is so important to you?

Because you get 8-minutes with the Head Coach. 

4 of them are spent talking about Christmas, snow, staying up late and watching movies, what he ate for dinner. 

At 7-9 nobody cares if a rotational DT misses games. At 9-3 coming off a game where the team you're playing ran it down your throat when they needed to, injuries are more important. 

Generic feelings questions provide no insight to anything. Having Josh Allen explain why he loves Stefon Diggs as a person provides nothing to talk about tactically about the team.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.