Has there been any recent updates on Kim Pegula?

AuntieEm

Wish her well, hope this is shut down until we have something real. I don’t see a need for 500 pages of nothing. I would like to respect their wishes. 

EDIT: But who am I?  😂 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Wish her well, hope this is shut down until we have something real. I don’t see a need for 500 pages of nothing. 

EDIT: But who am I?  😂 

We're another day...

oops, sorry, wrong thread. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Very sad thing to intrude on the privacy of the Bills owner.  Live and let live.  Prayers to Kim and Terry and the family.

It's not an intrusion on anyone's privacy to post on TBD asking if there have been any updates about her.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Very respectfully, it has been four full months.  No comment from her.  No photos of her.

As someone who has actually said prayers for her (and that is not a self aggrandizing pat on the back, it’s just something I do as part of my faith…it’s what I believe) I am also not one to just say “anything without confirmation is idle speculation.”

Whatever happened she is non-communicative or impaired to communicate in some manner.

That absolutely does not mean she isn’t doing well or isn’t getting “better”.

Continued prayers for the President of the Bills, but mostly for her role as loving mother and wife.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Does anyone even know the extent of why she was in the hospital? Seems kind of strange nobody really knows. Maybe it’s just me that doesn’t know

It’s probably something they’d like to keep private.  People need to respect that.  They owe people nothing in regards to information. 

As "President" of the Sabres and Bills (unless that's changed), they should be more communucative about what is going on.

We're told constantly that this isn't just an owner's wife, but an important decision maker in the organization. "One of the most powerful women in sports". 

So which one is it? Because if Beane was out for months we'd all want to know what's going on and when he's back. UNLESS she doesn't really do anything at either organization. 

Regardless, I find it strange that nobody seems to want to talk about the PRESIDENT being out indefinitely and there has been no talk of who is replacing her position in the interim. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I'm comfortable believing that she had a stroke and is recovering.  With no other info, we're left to fill in the blanks (rightfully or wrongfully, it's natural), and this is the most logical answer given the limited info the public knows.   The organization appears to be functional in her public absence, and I wish her the best in her recovery.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I agree. If Jerry Jones had a medical issue, media would be expecting an update hours later, not months.

Look at the broncos owner. He was declining for a while then they just announced he had Alzheimer’s and passed a couple years later. It was kept quiet, one statement and that was it. Jerry is maybe the most famous owner but Kim is not as public a figure as either of the other owners . Jerry purposely puts himself in the headlines. She certainly was on her way to be a national figure if she wanted to especially if we manage to win the big one or multiple big ones.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I saw this somewhere else, and I will say the same thing I said then…

I think it is just the opposite. 

Well aren’t you a ray of sunshine. 

It’s an opinion based on zero facts. If you’ve already said it, why feel the need to say it again? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Very respectfully, it has been four full months.  No comment from her.  No photos of her.

As someone who has actually said prayers for her (and that is not a self aggrandizing pat on the back, it’s just something I do as part of my faith…it’s what I believe) I am also not one to just say “anything without confirmation is idle speculation.”

Whatever happened she is non-communicative or impaired to communicate in some manner.

That absolutely does not mean she isn’t doing well or isn’t getting “better”.

Continued prayers for the President of the Bills, but mostly for her role as loving mother and wife.

What I don't understand about prayers though is if she makes a full recovery, was it the hand of God that did it while so many people won't recover or will still get really sick or get human trafficked, etc.?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

As "President" of the Sabres and Bills (unless that's changed), they should be more communucative about what is going on.

We're told constantly that this isn't just an owner's wife, but an important decision maker in the organization. "One of the most powerful women in sports". 

So which one is it? Because if Beane was out for months we'd all want to know what's going on and when he's back. UNLESS she doesn't really do anything at either organization. 

Regardless, I find it strange that nobody seems to want to talk about the PRESIDENT being out indefinitely and there has been no talk of who is replacing her position in the interim. 

She can both be an important decision maker and "one of the most powerful women in sports" and also have literally 0 to do with the on the field performance. I don't understand why you or anyone else would care unless you're personally invested in how the new concession vendor negotiations are going or how much the accounting department has operationalized efficiency improvements YoY.

She runs the business, which has nothing to do with the on the field product as long as the piggy bank still has enough money to clear the checks.

9 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

What I don't understand about prayers though is if she makes a full recovery, was it the hand of God that did it while so many people won't recover or will still get really sick or get human trafficked, etc.?

Wishing well for one person doesn’t mean I hope other people get ***** dumped on them

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

We know nothing and the family has kept it quiet.  Moving on and respect their privacy.

If it were you’re mom, wouldn’t you?  We need to mind our business.  I’m sure it’s for benevolent concerns, but we don’t have a right to know.

No need for any speculation or anything, but there is nothing wrong with the occasional reminder to keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I agree. If Jerry Jones had a medical issue, media would be expecting an update hours later, not months.

Kim Pegula is NOT Jerry Jones. I know that is obvious, but it’s something we can all be thankful for together. I aim to unite and celebrate.  😋

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DasNootz said:

I'm comfortable believing that she had a stroke and is recovering.  With no other info, we're left to fill in the blanks (rightfully or wrongfully, it's natural), and this is the most logical answer given the limited info the public knows.   The organization appears to be functional in her public absence, and I wish her the best in her recovery.

This is where I kind of land and she could be of sound mind but the stroke impacted her speech where she herself isn't comfortable coming out into the light again which 100% makes sense. I wish her and the family the best and when the times comes we will find out. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Wishing well for one person doesn’t mean I hope other people get ***** dumped on them

That's not what I said at all though...I'm asking about how prayer can be reconciled with a theoretically powerful God. For example in a really blunt manner, does he look at all of the suffering people and say, "wow I got a lot of prayers for this one, I guess I'll step in and help here" and let the others keep on suffering? 

If it's more of just a well wishes thing, I can understand that more. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

If she gets sick, skillet, hopefully it is just the flu!

10 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That's not what I said at all though...I'm asking about how prayer can be reconciled with a theoretically powerful God. For example in a really blunt manner, does he look at all of the suffering people and say, "wow I got a lot of prayers for this one, I guess I'll step in and help here" and let the others keep on suffering? 

Ah, this probably cannot be answered on a football message board. Meant no disrespect 

3 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

They don't neeeed to do anything other than what they want to do regarding their personal health information.

I don't think they are required to make any additional information available. Do I wish they they would? Sure? But ultimately I just wish the Pegula's the best. 

But I also really dislike the shamming of people who are just asking what is going on or inquiring about an update. I can't imagine a world where my mom is sick, or hurt, or whatever, and coworkers or neighbors ask each other if they have heard any updates, and I am offended. Stop belittling people for something so innocuous. 

Now to get off that soap box and onto another. Jesus dude. What a weird time to talk about how important Kim is or isn't the PSE. You suck!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Probably a football message board is not the appropriate venue to invite thoughts and speculation on the nature of divinity, providence, theodicy, and the efficacy of prayer. Certainly, your query assumes metaphysical presuppositons that are perhaps deficient for genuine theological discussion. And there are subsidiary questions regarding the nature of reality, the nature of persons, the fundamental nature of the Good that are entailed if you really want to pursue those kinds of questions. That's too much for most folks. Much better and more apt to hope and pray that Kim is progressing towards the best health possible.

• Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Probably a football message board is not the appropriate venue to invite thoughts and speculation on the nature of divinity, providence, theodicy, and the efficacy of prayer. Certainly, your query assumes metaphysical presuppositons that are perhaps deficient for genuine theological discussion. And there are subsidiary questions regarding the nature of reality, the nature of persons, the fundamental nature of the Good that are entailed if you really want to pursue those kinds of questions. That's too much for most folks. Much better and more apt to hope and pray that Kim is progressing towards the best health possible.

I really only asked because that person specified in that post that the prayer was faith-related. I don't think I really have any presuppositions personally, I think anything is possible and am open to anything being possible, that's why I openly asked how they make sense out of it. 

9 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I really only asked because that person specified in that post that the prayer was faith-related. I don't think I really have any presuppositions personally, I think anything is possible and am open to anything being possible, that's why I openly asked how they make sense out of it. 

I understand. I wasn't questioning your intentions -- the basic question you posed, however, implicitly makes certain assumptions. Everyone has a metaphysics, though most people just assume uncritically what is dominant in their era and milieu. For instance, the way you contextualized God attending to prayers imagines a kind of finite being times infinity as it were confronted with millions of petitions "from the outside", but that might be taking you in the wrong direction. Regardless, I am interested in this kind of investigation, but as I said, this isn't really the place for it.