All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

Just what we need,  a player that would prefer to sit back and watch the rest of the team work for a playoff spot then take the big stage in January.  

THIS IS NOT A BRANDON BEANE TYPE PLAYER 

Edited by HOUSE
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Danny Boy Hustle Hard says OBJ "is not goin' to no Cowboys."

https://nypost.com/2022/12/08/odell-beckhams-driver-hes-signing-right-here-with-giants/

43 minutes ago, wppete said:

Wow! Where do he find this guy?!?!? Amazing! 

Lol this guy is a cartoon character. Do guys like this really exist? He makes Jimmy Spags look like a Rhodes scholar 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I'm not sure this isn't all just a reaction to all the negative spin of him not being able necessarily contribute much during the regular season. Honestly if it takes the rest of the regular season for him to get up to speed but then he's able to turn it on in the playoffs I really wouldn't care.

That's how I interpreted the comment too. I think he's trying to get the fans to realize where ever he signs he wouldn't be on the field for significant snaps the next week. OBJ's value to any team is the playoffs. Having him sign now let's him learn the playbook, practice with Josh to get some chemistry and show the staff what he is capable of to scheme him open when it counts. Basically the last 4 weeks would equal a normal players preseason.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cablesabres68 said:

But that's the thing it's not just his word he had a physical if the deem him fit and in the right stage in recovery/rehab the bills have the luxury of waiting for him until the playoffs and on a smaller scale the cowboys do as well. The giants are done this weekend if they lose which most likely they will to the eagles. And I think if they can do an incentive laiden contract which pays him his 12 to 15 mil that doesn't hurt our cap and make the contract look bigger than it actual is then what's the harm? He blows out his knee in the playoffs or super bowl he only gets x salary etc... but to not want a 80 to 90% Beckham is just dumb. You do what you can to add everything you can to win at the end of the year and next year and the year after, the cap will take care of itself with beane watching it and knowing what he can and can't do.

Sure, as long as we don’t obtain OBJ at the expense of Edmunds and/or Poyer next season. The latter two are foundational players on Frazier’s defense. Any number of WR’s from free agency or the 2023 draft, meanwhile, could excel with Allen and Diggs in this Daboll-derivative offense.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I really hope the ship has sailed in terms of the Bills singing this guy.

The diva WR thing just doesn't do it for me and still think he may never be the same guy again anyway which is why he's still on the street to begin with.

His name is bigger than his game at this point. The dude had 44 catches last season, and is coming off an injury. OBJ made timely plays in the postseason with a team that was clicking on all cylinders. The postseason with LA put him back in the spotlight. It doesn’t mean he’s elite at this point. 

15 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

His name is bigger than his game at this point. The dude had 44 catches last season, and is coming off an injury. OBJ made timely plays in the postseason with a team that was clicking on all cylinders. The postseason with LA put him back in the spotlight. It doesn’t mean he’s elite at this point. 

The old buy the rumor sell the news approach.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Can we all agree to stop commenting until he tells us what he’s doing? This is giving me a headache 

It's not even up to him unless more than one team gives him an offer.

15 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Can we all agree to stop commenting until he tells us what he’s doing? This is giving me a headache 

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It's not even up to him unless more than one team gives him an offer.

I’d also point out that us commenting on a 100+ page thread has absolutely nothing to do with ODBs decision on what team he will join if any this season.

I say, let it ride. Let’s get this thing to 200+

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’d also point out that us commenting on a 100+ page thread has absolutely nothing to do with ODBs decision on what team he will join if any this season.

I say, let it ride. Let’s get this thing to 200+

I've only been following this thread cursorily... are all 108 pages on OBJ, or is there filler content like recipes and beer/liquor preferences and stuff like the good ol' days?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, transient said:

I've only been following this thread cursorily... are all 108 pages on OBJ, or is there filler content like recipes and beer/liquor preferences and stuff like the good ol' days?

Meh. I didn’t follow it all that much either really. Just enjoy the camaraderie among all Bills have.  

If OBJ never made that one handed catch that everyone seems to do now, would would this even be a thing?  I don't recall anyone really fearing him in Cleveland or on the Rams when he was healthy. He was just a good WR. Good maybe even real good but that's just my view so it doesn't matter all that much so idk. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, transient said:

I’ll wager all the money in @HOUSE’s missing wallet, that at least a baker’s dozen is taken up with discussions about  the new stadium needing a dome in order to finalize OBJ signing here…🙌

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

"God made dirt and dirt dont hurt."   Loved the guy.

Is that really a quote from one of his songs? If so I really don’t understand why I didn’t dislike him more. Absolutely one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. 

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

I am now expecting him to sign a prove it deal with us for the playoffs at this point. 

Could be. If he can’t get a deal for multiple years. Maybe he’s looking for a ring and will shove off after that. Giants don’t seem to be realistic anymore and the Cowboys don’t seem to be that interested. Plus Dak sucks 

4 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

If OBJ never made that one handed catch that everyone seems to do now, would would this even be a thing?  I don't recall anyone really fearing him in Cleveland or on the Rams when he was healthy. He was just a good WR. Good maybe even real good but that's just my view so it doesn't matter all that much so idk. 

he was pretty darn good for the rams.

his browns qb just started for his 3rd different team in the last year so that might be an issue that transcends him.

that said, I’ve held the door open more than most and 5 weeks is a disconcerting timeline from here for this season 

10 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Tuafish + Hill = HUGE

17 + 14 = HUGE

17 + 14 + OJB = HUGER, maybe.

I trust Beane to make the right choice OBJ--health, skill, cost, timeframe. 

Can anyone imagine JA17 without 14 now?

That's what swinging for top quality WR's can do.

Imagine if they drafted offensive weapons in the 1st round.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Odell Beckham Jr. last night on

@NFLonPrime

: “I would like to be in a stable environment, get up at 6 am, leave at 6 pm for 4 weeks, and then let’s talk about it. … I’m not saying I couldn’t step in and play regular season, but I don’t see the point.”

Definitely sounds like Buffalo to me. Come in. Practice and work for 4 weeks. Then play in the playoffs.

Im guessing he signs next week. Gives him 4 weeks of practice before the playoffs.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

If I’m the Bills I try to sign him to a 2 year with heavy incentives and low guarantee money and for the playoffs this year essentially utilize him as a decoy to draw coverage away from Diggs. Also depth for injury. Just not sure how much time on task he will get with Allen and trying to rely on him in win or go home situations to really feel comfortable targeting him much. Then there is the question of how Game healthy he is. Next year fully integrate him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Odell Beckham Jr. last night on

@NFLonPrime

: “I would like to be in a stable environment, get up at 6 am, leave at 6 pm for 4 weeks, and then let’s talk about it. … I’m not saying I couldn’t step in and play regular season, but I don’t see the point.”

This really does sound like a prove it deal in buffalo to me and I don’t even think it’s me being biased lol 

10 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Imagine if they drafted offensive weapons in the 1st round.

I'm not against this, but drafting a WR in the first round doesn't guarantee they'll find success.  A fourth round guy like Gabriel Davis has outperformed many first round draft picks over the past handful of years.  We look at the Chase's and Jefferson's and think that kind of production is a given if we move up and take a WR in the early to mid first round, but for every mega success, there's two Sammy Watkins, Nelson Agholor, Corey Coleman, Jerry Jeudy, John Ross, Henry Ruggs, etc.  I'm okay sticking with Beane's BPA drafting strategy, since it's made us one of the best teams in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

and for the playoffs this year essentially utilize him as a decoy to draw coverage away from Diggs

The only way he's going to draw any coverage away from Diggs or anybody else is if he first gives teams a compelling reason to do so.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I'm not against this, but drafting a WR in the first round doesn't guarantee they'll find success.  A fourth round guy like Gabriel Davis has outperformed many first round draft picks over the past handful of years.  We look at the Chase's and Jefferson's and think that kind of production is a given if we move up and take a WR in the early to mid first round, but for every mega success, there's two Sammy Watkins, Nelson Agholor, Corey Coleman, Jerry Jeudy, John Ross, Henry Ruggs, etc.  I'm okay sticking with Beane's BPA drafting strategy, since it's made us one of the best teams in the league.

The WR’s is the 2020 class might go down as the best ever.  Gabe fell in our laps because of how many other talented receivers were drafted before him.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.