All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

I gotta say, I really don’t care for OBJ, but I think we should absolutely sign him and cut Hodgins when Kumerow is healthy again. Of course OBJ makes us more dynamic, but even more so to keep him off the Chiefs.

We are very evenly matched with KC, and if we have an opportunity to improve our team while hurting KC, we 100% should take it. 

im willing to bet I’m not the only one on this forum that would hate to see him in a KC uniform

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

No one cared that the Rams did it. 

Well they hardly have any fans to begin with.  No one cared they won the Super Bowl either.  The ones that do will care that Stafford is in decline and pretty much toast with a new hefty contract, no cap space really, no draft picks really.  Sure its great to win a SB but I like Beanes method much more knowing we will compete for one every year for the next decade instead of being one and done.

I would still rent ODB this year on a reasonable deal though.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

I hope more people jump on the "who care about OBJ" bandwagon.  The is on his 2nd ACL injury.  I personally think Godwin came back way too early and ended up with other injuries.  OBJ won't be near 100% this year at all.  I would say it is a long shot for him to be ready in Jan at 50%.  It makes ZERO sense to add someone who hasn't played all year into a playoff line up.

I personally think if OBJ was really in demand, he would have been signed by now.  I think everyone around the league can see the reality and its OBJ himself that is drumming up fake interest.

36 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Losing either Diggs or Davis and this offense is in trouble as evidenced by our inability to stretch the field and score points against Baltimore and Miami. 

Meanwhile we lose 3 guys on our interior Dline (Settle, Phillips, Oliver) and there is no discernible difference in game play.

You can keep laughing about our situation at WR but we will need pass catchers.  Kumerow and Hodgins aren't the answer.  Knox has to block because the OL is trash.  But at least we have 12 fresh Dlineman.  

Yeah, you're overreacting to my post a bit -- since I specifically mentioned the importance of Davis and signing a guy like OBJ.

10 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Based on his comments about the Rams it seems like OBJ not only wants to be on a winner but also wants to get PAID.  Don't think that's us with our cap room.

He is the type to put money over wining but is in a position to get both. 

If a team like KC signs him they'll show desperate. And they are.  He's not needed on our team. I'd rather get the ball to Knox or Shakir/McKenzie.

7 minutes ago, Wyobills89 said:

Just seen a tweet OBJ was signing with the vikings. Idk if it's accurate or not though.

Lol so post it.

And I'm sure there are dozens of fake tweets out there. I'd love for him to go to Minnesota. 😂😂😂

20 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

He can sign with any team that he wants as long as it’s not Kansas City

It looks very possible OBJ is heading to KC.  I honestly don't think it matters.  The Chiefs are not winning in Orchard Park in January.  I think he still gets a big deal from the Rams. 

Edited by Bills2022

13 hours ago, All I Need is Hope said:

They might get an OBJ at 90% in January... while we get a hopefully all pro CB back at 100% in November.

I'll take it.

I'd still like them to see if a high end interior OL becomes available before the deadline.

OBJ will not be 90% in Jan

The first ACL tear on same knee was 10/25/2020.  The next season, he did not play until 9/26/2021.  A full 11 months.

OBJ tore his ACL AGAIN 2/13/2022.  It could take a full year before he plays in a game this time around.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

OBJ will not be 90% in Jan

The first ACL tear on same knee was 10/25/2020.  The next season, he did not play until 9/26/2021.  A full 11 months.

OBJ tore his ACL AGAIN 2/13/2022.  It could take a full year before he plays in a game this time around.

I’ve yet to see him run routes. Has anyone seen him running routes? Anyone seen him running?

At first when Von talked him up to Buffalo I loved the idea, now its starting to sound like a buddy trying to help his friend out.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’ve yet to see him run routes. Has anyone seen him running routes? Anyone seen him running?

At first when Von talked him up to Buffalo I loved the idea, now its starting to sound like a buddy trying to help his friend out.

NFL GMs know a lot more than what is being portrayed.

If he was healthy, he would have got a deal already.  I remember back before the season the NFL agenda pushers were talking about him signing right after Week 1 because of the non-guaranteed stuff.  It's now week 7 and all you hear is about certain individuals pushing OBJ, nothing from real GMs.  Last I heard, LA Rams pretty much told OBJ you aint healthy enough to deserve any contract.

29 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He's had videos of himself working out and running. He has been training hard

• longtimebillsfan changed the title to KC freeing up cap space. OBJ to the Chiefs?
2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I do not think so. He will not be 100% when he comes back, which is also why I have no interest in him for the Bills.

This is where I am also, It's a gamble that for me comes down to how much will it cost.   The Chiefs may be willing to make a longer commitment to him that the Bills also.

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

There is a thread on this already.

Like I said there, that is not for signing anybody. They needed to do that just to survive 2022 season cap wise. That obviously doesn't mean that OBJ to Chiefs is excluded.

Multiple threads

I don’t think that anyone but the Bills, and to a lesser extent, Rams, are options for OBJ. He doesn’t want a long-term commitment IMO. He wants to finish the year well, while playing important games. He wants to prove he’s healthy, and win another ring in the process. In the off-season he will try to chase a big deal. 

He and Von are best friends. There was an article on it not too long ago. I’d bet, that a deal has already been “agreed to” contingent on him hitting certain metrics with his recovery. He will join the Bills in the next few weeks and be ready for the home stretch and playoffs. If he’s healthy, that’s his best option. He knows that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.