NFL Week #3 - Bills at the Dolphins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

I thought Hamlin played well actually.  Johnson looked like he struggled.  

Just now, Warcodered said:

They had one big explosive play in what way did you learn that?

The team got beat on multiple occasions with misdirection and play recognition. Which is where Poyer and Hyde excel. 

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Johnson and Hamlin are sort of different types of safeties. I was impressed at how well they hit and tackled and blitzed. Don’t think they have the cover skills that are anywhere close to Hyde

and Poyer.

I was pleased with them in coverage today. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

They said in commentary 97-99 (I thought, unless I misheard and it was 87-89!). Unless they meant it's building to that? Could it be warmer on the field?

I'm about 1.5 hours north of the stadium.  Right now it is 87 F.

"Feels like" 96F on the heat index.

That's about what it has been all day today and for the last several weeks.

The weather in SE florida is pretty consistent.

For probably the last 2 or 3 months, it has been right around 90 each day, but it is "103" on the heat index.

Humidity is around 60% most days.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am sorry, but playing in that heat was plain dangerous for both teams. You would think the union would have issues about that. There had to be like 20+ Guys who went out.

I was thinking during the game that it really isn't an advantage for the home team either...the body can only take so much heat.

• Agree 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Johnson and Hamlin are sort of different types of safeties. I was impressed at how well they hit and tackled and blitzed. Don’t think they have the cover skills that are anywhere close to Hyde

and Poyer.

And they should be blitzing more. Instead of playing soft zone on 3rd and long. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

One thing I learned today is that this team is not ready for life without both Poyer and Hyde. I think we can manage without one for some time. 

But Johnson/Hamlin can’t direct traffic and don’t have the play recognition skills those guys have.

I get it. One game. But still.

Or both DL out...starting center, back up center, WRs go out , RT .... Whut..?

We could have won w/o Hyde poyer bro...half team went out.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

4 plays that would have made a difference…

1 - clock runs out at end of half; no FG attempt

2 - clock runs out at end of game; no FG attempt

3 - Milano dropped what would have been a sure pick 6

4 - Bass shank

Two to add:

Josh throws an awful dirt ball to an open McKenzie in the end zone

Davis doesn't come down with a near routine TD catch.

It took all these plays and injuries to half our team for the Fins to win, at home, by two. We'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Had a debate about this earlier this week about this. I was worried about our ability to handle the blitz.

While we obviously handled it well to have a very great offensive performance, where it hurt us was on a few key plays (the fumble and some of the pressure generated in the red zone). And we were never able to really Make the dolphins pay with a huge pass play. 

will be curious to see how it goes next week, because the ravens are going to bring it too. They aren’t sitting back in a shell.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RochesterLifer said:

Two to add:

Josh throws an awful dirt ball to an open McKenzie in the end zone

Davis doesn't come down with a near routine TD catch.

It took all these plays and injuries to half our team for the Fins to win, at home, by two. We'll be fine.

Reminds me of the Bills win over NE in week 3 2011...both 2 and 0.  Brady with 4 picks.  And we had to kick winning FG at the buzzer.  NE went to the Super Bowl that year and Bills I think went 5 and 11 after 3 and 0 start.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

One thing I learned today is that this team is not ready for life without both Poyer and Hyde. I think we can manage without one for some time. 

But Johnson/Hamlin can’t direct traffic and don’t have the play recognition skills those guys have.

I get it. One game. But still.

One play by Phins that was significant. Clearly that doesn’t happen with 21 and 24 but thought 3 and 4 overall did good job. Feel free to get some pressure on qb. According to some the two S’s were going to be the issue. D gave up 21, this is in the O, injuries, and refs picking and choosing calls. 

13 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

4 plays that would have made a difference…

1 - clock runs out at end of half; no FG attempt

2 - clock runs out at end of game; no FG attempt

3 - Milano dropped what would have been a sure pick 6

4 - Bass shank

You forgot Gabe Davis holding onto that td in the endzone 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Had a debate about this earlier this week about this. I was worried about our ability to handle the blitz.

While we obviously handled it well to have a very great offensive performance, where it hurt us was on a few key plays (the fumble and some of the pressure generated in the red zone). And we were never able to really Make the dolphins pay with a huge pass play. 

will be curious to see how it goes next week, because the ravens are going to bring it too. They aren’t sitting back in a shell.

Yup… they were aided by circumstance quite a bit, but their blitz strategy worked.   

It gave them an “and goal” situation and kept us out of the end zone multiple times.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

The goal isn't to be fine. As in the 2 or 3 seed or just win the division. The goal is to get the one seed. As of right now I would not say we are fine. That said, we certainly can beat any team any day. But we won't be cruising to a one seed unfortunately. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Reminds me of the Bills win over NE in week 3 2011...both 2 and 0.  Brady with 4 picks.  And we had to kick winning FG at the buzzer.  NE went to the Super Bowl that year and Bills I think went 5 and 11 after 3 and 0 start.

I agree. I think Miami finishes 8-8 this year. Think they're having early success, but will catch up with them 

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

One play by Phins that was significant. Clearly that doesn’t happen with 21 and 24 but thought 3 and 4 overall did good job. Feel free to get some pressure on qb. According to some the two S’s were going to be the issue. D gave up 21, this is in the O, injuries, and refs picking and choosing calls. 

21 with one scoring drive starting in the red zone. They did pretty well for the most part and all young guys will only learn from it. 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Honest question, what specifically about the coaching did you think was in error? What game day decisions led to the loss?

The loss sucks but doesn’t really bother me too much. My biggest concern is the complete lack of running game. 2nd and goal from the 2 should be an automatic TD. Having Josh in the shotgun is f’in stupid down there. Even though the 4th down play was there, you shouldn’t need to pass. If we don’t develop some semblance of a running game this team is not going all the way, period. 

Where to start.. just a quick over view..

Drive one, 70 of 75 yards come in the air, TD.  Drive 2, panic because they start on the 10, Run, Run, pass, Punt.. ok, I get wanting a run game, but you just showed you could crush them with the pass, why do we go 2 RPO from shot gun, when its obvious they have told JA not to run, and run the worst back on the team back to back?  Complete wasted series.  Oh BTW, after putting yourself in 3rd and 10 at the 10, leaving who? To block the edge rush?

Continuation of the RPO look when it’s obvious it’s only an RO.. multiple failed attempts to run up the gut after 2 seconds of Allen holding the ball. 

3rd and 22, after 2 plays by the DL to put you there, rushing 2 , after proving Tua struggles under pressure, but let’s just go limp dick and let him have all day to pass, while taking our best players off the field.

Then the coach with the worst percentage in challenges in the history of the NFL, doesn’t challenge the Davis TD play, where he had a catch, 2 feet down and turned.. yet there’s apologist here saying it wasn’t a football move.. still far more worthy of a challenge than the waste of the one last week where the apologist claim he used it as a time out.. he’s just clueless, let’s be honest, his record shows it. 

I can go on. But I don’t want to risk injury as it’s obvious it’s “level of professionalism” that’s expected to hydrate properly.. funny how 80% of the team went off and couldn’t handle it.. so your coaches failed that much or are you avoiding responsibilities?

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Didn't see. It was only a 3-man rush. 

No, and it was 2 “rushing” and the RDE was there on containment, no more.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Mango said:

I was pleased with them in coverage today. 

Their play on 3rd and 22 was pretty brutal though - how can both of them let someone get behind them 3rd and 22

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

That was garbage.  Means nothing about how good we are.  But let's stop pretending Miami is trash. 

They may not be trash, but I don't think they are a great team either. 

212 yards of offense.  That's it.  Against a defense decimated by injuries.  I think the mistakes by the Bills were a much bigger factor in this game than anything MIami did.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.