Bills' ticket prices soar as new season fast approaches

HOUSE

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — This fall hundreds of thousands of football fans will flock to Highmark Stadium, and with the Buffalo Bills flying high, ticket prices are soaring as well.

“There’s people who work so hard, and they want to take their children or grandchild to the very first game, and they can't go,” Renee Gardner said. “They can't afford it."

https://www.wgrz.com/article/sports/nfl/bills/buffalo-bills-ticket-prices-soar/71-e10cc716-6d48-4802-a7cd-230e9b55c812

• Haha (+1) 1

Anything lower level for the Titans game going for about 400 plus So for me say $530 Cdn a ticket before ticketmaster fees etc. I got the same seats for the Vikings game at about $300 cdn per ticket all in. So time of year, opponent all seem to factor in. I think the Vikings game will be a good one!

So I am excited to make the trip once back to Buffalo, once to Detroit but for the remainder of the season Ill be watching from the comfort of my own home.

I did enquire about season tickets but the priority is for the immediate Buffalo area. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

I've always figured that by the time the new stadium is built, I'd be priced out.

But it's becoming pretty clear that I'll be priced out way before the new stadium comes to fruition.

I paid $633 for three 300-level seats for the Week 5, second home game of the season, game vs. Pittsburgh.  That's pretty goddamn crazy.

I'm not mad about it.  We all knew it was coming.  But it does make me sad.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

I'm from Europe and I'm coming for home opener vs Titans as my first live Bills game ever.

I wanted to buy tickets just before the game once I will be 100% sure that nothing went wrong and I was in the US, but I already bought tickets last week since prices are clearly and significantly rising.

I bought two for $370 each in Section 108. That's crazy money imo but that's what it is I guess.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I get it. When the product is good fans are willing to pay more. I live in Atlanta and was looking to go to a game with my wife and daughter but that’s a very expensive weekend. Have contemplated seeing them play in Miami or attending a December game.

As a fan I’d rather have this problem than when the team was horrible and tickets were dirt cheap!!!!!!

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I've always figured that by the time the new stadium is built, I'd be priced out.

But it's becoming pretty clear that I'll be priced out way before the new stadium comes to fruition.

I paid $633 for three 300-level seats for the Week 5, second home game of the season, game vs. Pittsburgh.  That's pretty goddamn crazy.

I'm not mad about it.  We all knew it was coming.  But it does make me sad.

Dude, I’m going to the Pittsburgh game.  We can save on the hotels if we just get one room and all share one king bed.  My son is 7 so he’s not that big.

I’m going to wait a day or two before the Steelers game to buy tickets.  People start lowering the prices closer to game day if they haven’t sold their tickets yet.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm OK with it. Well, I'm not totally fine, but as others have said, supply and demand.   If someone wants to go to the game, they put a value on how much they are going to pay. If the tickets are getting sold, then the people who are buying them are making the decision that the price is good for what they are getting out of it.  Ticket buyers may LIKE for tickets to be lower, but if they are paying the current prices then by definition they are making the decision the product they are getting is worth it.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude, I’m going to the Pittsburgh game.  We can save on the hotels if we just get one room and all share one king bed.  My son is 7 so he’s not that big.

I’m going to wait a day or two before the Steelers game to buy tickets.  People start lowering the prices closer to game day if they haven’t sold their tickets yet.

Well, it's gonna be me, my girlfriend and my 19-year-old son ... but I think we can make it work.

• Like (+1) 1

Been a Bills fan since  1977 and made it to quite a few games til I move to Fl in '89. Love my Bills, but love my $ more. I'd rather hang w friends and family with the nice setup at home. Grilling, drinking and being able to pee in a place with no vomit or sticky pee on the floor. Beer is cheaper and our whole spread of food costs less than 2 beers and some food at the stadium. Game over? Don't have to deal with drunk fans leaving the stadium in a hurry, especially the ones behind the wheel. 

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’m going to wait a day or two before the Steelers game to buy tickets.  Pe

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Well, it's gonna be me, my girlfriend and my 19-year-old son ... but I think we can make it work.

ople start lowering the prices closer to game day if they haven’t sold their tickets yet.

Lol. @Gugny. Your sick man. 

FCD0ABDA-31FA-4F1D-AE27-E4E4B14ED3C8.jpeg

Edited by mrags
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Anything lower level for the Titans game going for about 400 plus So for me say $530 Cdn a ticket before ticketmaster fees etc. I got the same seats for the Vikings game at about $300 cdn per ticket all in. So time of year, opponent all seem to factor in. I think the Vikings game will be a good one!

So I am excited to make the trip once back to Buffalo, once to Detroit but for the remainder of the season Ill be watching from the comfort of my own home.

I did enquire about season tickets but the priority is for the immediate Buffalo area. 

Vikings offense could be explosive with their WR trio of Jefferson, Thielen and Osborne, plus Cook added to the mix and Irv Smith Jr played very well down the stretch last year as well.

I think they could surprise some people in a weak NFC.

Limiting factor as always is Kirk "stat sheet filler" Cousins tho.

Interesting to see what their new offensive minded coach gets out of him tho.

• Agree 2

My brother has season tickets in the club section and he just sold his home opener tickets for almost $1100 each! He went to both playoff games the last 2 years but has said this year he plans on selling any playoff game tickets so he’s REALLY hoping for a home AFC championship game 

• Like (+1) 1

I bought tickets for 6 games (4 home, 2 road) shortly after they went on sale to the public in May

Nearly all of them have doubled in price since then.  I can't remember that ever happening, but it's certainly indicative of demand to see the Bills this year, wherever they're playing.  

If they get home field advantage this year, playoff tickets are going to be insane.  I might venture $1000 minimum for the AFC championship

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Supply and demand. Everyone knew this was gonna happen once we got better

My buddy and I would love to go to Columbus for the 9/3 game between my Bucks and His Domers. But neither of us are going to drop a grand on tickets for that. That’s just how it goes. 

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — This fall hundreds of thousands of football fans will flock to Highmark Stadium, and with the Buffalo Bills flying high, ticket prices are soaring as well.

“There’s people who work so hard, and they want to take their children or grandchild to the very first game, and they can't go,” Renee Gardner said. “They can't afford it."

https://www.wgrz.com/article/sports/nfl/bills/buffalo-bills-ticket-prices-soar/71-e10cc716-6d48-4802-a7cd-230e9b55c812

That is very sad.

But I can't help but ask. How are the citizens of Buffalo going to afford PSLS and the quadrupled price of season tickets when the new stadium opens ?

Hopefully the stadium won't be half empty filled with corporate executives 

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

It's more of a case of Ticketmaster using the 'Springsteen price gouge', in my opinion..

Yeah, I don’t want to get into the “politics” of ticket prices, but I’ve seen a lot of weird things with pricing over the past year. The demand for Bills tickets is obviously high, as fans expect a title, but the pricing increase is in line with what we’re seeing in the world of ticketing.

The resale market in particular has gone to the model of asking astronomical prices, just hoping someone bites. I used to buy last minute tickets on the secondary market, now I’m seeing hundreds of unsold tickets with crazy asking prices minutes before events. Apparently they simply sell what they can, and take a loss on others, unwilling to drop the price in some cases. A natural supply and demand model should lower those prices as the event approaches, when a large quantity still exists. 

Edited by SirAndrew

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

This is what happens, when there is a Monopoly, in charge of ticket distribution.

'Artificial demand'.

It's not politics. It is simple Greed, in the name of corporate profit.

I agree, it’s not politics at all. I just pointed that out because there’s always one person who feels the need to lecture others on capitalism. I understand capitalism, but I also understand a scam. The ticketing world has becoming quite the scam. Ultimately it’s simple enough for me. I’ll go to events that I consider priced fairly, and just skip anything that seems absurd. 

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

That is very sad.

But I can't help but ask. How are the citizens of Buffalo going to afford PSLS and the quadrupled price of season tickets when the new stadium opens ?

Hopefully the stadium won't be half empty filled with corporate executives 

I think there is an abundance of fans who can afford it; as well as an abundance of fans who would have no problem using HELOC or credit cards to scratch the itch.

Personally, I'm not in either category.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think there is an abundance of fans who can afford it; as well as an abundance of fans who would have no problem using HELOC or credit cards to scratch the itch.

Personally, I'm not in either category.

Agree, this board likes trying to determine which demographic will pay these prices, but I think you’re spot on. It’s simply people who are willing to pay the price. Some of them will have the income, others won’t, but it’s a matter of being willing to spend a ton. Vacation resorts are full of people who don’t actually have the money to be there. I’m sure a football stadium might be no different. I’m with you, not in either category, it is what is. There’s still plenty of great events to attend at a decent cost. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

I’m pretty sure @IronMaidenBills could tell you a thing or two about how this situation is handled in far off places. 

“In most countries outside the US, strangers sleep in your bed and grope you but its socially accepted.”

-IronmaidenBills

1 hour ago, Augie said:

You and @Gugny have wandered into that gray area between cozy and kinky. 

…..but who am I to judge?  🤷‍♂️

I’m not much of a kinky guy.  Gerbils are too big.

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Supply and demand. Everyone knew this was gonna happen once we got better

Vaccine requirement and the closed border tanked last year's resale market.  The return to normal access, expectations and the backloaded home schedule boost demand for the early season home games.  Market forces create the extreme jump.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.