Bills Sign former Titan OT/OG David Quessenberry

MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Not true some OTs just play too upright and can't play OG and get beat by DTs with lower center of gravities can rush around them for easy sacks. etc. 

and hence my comment MOST. But he plays IOL as well so yeah can kick inside. 

likely is like Doyle the 6th OL when go short packages and should help considering the Bill sucked at picking up short yardage plays unless it was Josh. 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I love that Bills sign guys with tons of experience and have them all battle it out in camp, but I'd love a few studs on the O line.

Dawkins/Morse are solid- above average, the rest. Meh, hope they do alright 

Dawkins and Morse are very good.  Not elite / top 3 at their position, but likely in the next tier.

Saffold is a proven vet who's, at worst, a solid OG.

Bates and Brown both have a lot of potential.. especially Spencer Brown.  I think Brown could be that stud, developed with the help of Kromer. 

I do get the concern in betting on unproven potential on the right side though.. Wouldn't hate taking OL high in the draft.  Quessenberry, Doyle, Ford & Boettger is ok depth, but the OL is heavy betting on a healthy Saffold being better in pass pro and the right side of our OL making a jump. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

The Titans clearly believe their RB, not their Tackles, are the key to their running success.  This is overwhelmingly likely.

No doubt having a difference maker RB will get you 1500 yars rushing or whatever......but we are gonna see whether or not OL that run block well is going to hurt his numbers this year because the OL got broken up

Look. Kromer likely had a lot of say here. So yep I am on board with it. Kromer actually made John Miller viable. 

sad thing is Bills still looking for a position that likely would have been filled with Teller. But I will take that trade as the pick helped get Diggs. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Look. Kromer likely had a lot of say here. So yep I am on board with it. Kromer actually made John Miller viable. 

sad thing is Bills still looking for a position that likely would have been filled with Teller. But I will take that trade as the pick helped get Diggs. 

Teller is down the street my friend we gotta move on sometime :)

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Hasn't Teller been meh in pass pro though?  Dude is a mauler in the run game, but would he ever been as good here, with our offense?

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Titans clearly believe their RB, not their Tackles, are the key to their running success.  This is overwhelmingly likely.

Which is why I'm sure their running game didn't miss a beat without Henry...

Edited by SWATeam
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Teller is down the street my friend we gotta move on sometime :)

I was fine with the trade. Still am he has flaws as well. Just stating we have brought vet after vet trying to get a long term answer there since moving him. Hopefully Bates is that answer. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Hasn't Teller been meh in pass pro though?  Dude is a mauler in the run game, but would he ever been as good here, with our offense?

He isn’t the greatest but is improving. End of day I am still fine with the trade. But it is one of those things. The position has been a rotating door since he was moved. Hopefully Bates now is the full time starter and that OG spot locked down now that it looks like Bills finally will start him. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I love that Bills sign guys with tons of experience and have them all battle it out in camp, but I'd love a few studs on the O line.

Bates looked more then Meh in his short stint late in the year.  So if he keeps trending upward, there is your stud at RG.  And in general there are just not a lot of very good to great stud O lineman types playing in the NFL these days.  Try finding John Hannah.  I believe he is still living.  And so is Anthony Munoz.  Maybe they would love one last shot at a ring.  LOL 

Some new pieces on the OL that can challenge for starting positions is good. Let them battle it out in training camp and see who rises to the top of the heap. Love the Saffold pickup. This one, don't know if he will be a starter, but it's always good to have more competition.

2021 OL at end of Season (By Cap Hit)

Dawkins

Morse

Williams

Feliciano

Ford

Brown

Bates

Doyle

Hart

2022 OL right now (By Cap Hit)

Dawkins

Morse 

Saffold

Ford

Bates

Brown

Mancz

Boettger

Hart

Doyle

Capra

Quessenberry (no cap hit in Spotrac yet)

My Projected Starters

LT - Dawkins

LG - Saffold

C - Morse

RG - Bates

RT - Brown

With the rest battling for 3/4 spots.  I think this signing does signal Dueces to Ford now IMO is on the outside looking in going into Camp

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I imagine the line will be improved but still have its fair share of struggles over the course of the season… just gotta hope Josh can keep masking those issues.

I am hoping for a Starting OL to be in place week 1.  Not having to constantly tinker with it until week 10 like previous years.  Get some continuity 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

• MAJBobby changed the title to Bills Sign former Titan OT/OG David Quessenberry

Seems like a good signing. Insurance policy if Brown regresses or they can not find an OT/OG they like in the draft.  Likely will end Ford's career in Buffalo.  If they can afford it I would keep Ford at least to the end of camp and see what he does with Kromer.  But in the end he looks like a bust. Maybe they can get a 6th or 7rth round pick if he looks adequate in training camp/pre-season game.  

With this signing, I still think they may take an OL in the top four rounds but now I'm thinking they take four of these 5 positions - CB first round and then in no particular order - WR, LB, S, NT.  

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I Hear You.

I'm also seeing a theme here, where it seems as though we're picking up FA OL who are notable run-blockers and counting on what?   The RB?  The TE?  Josh's feet?  for pass protection.

Although to be fair, a legitimate fear of the run game will improve the pass protection as well.

• Like (+1) 1

Rooting for him. It's unreal he's coming back after what he's been though. Cancer and treatments do unreal things to your body. The fact that he recovered his strenght at a pro athlete level after going through that is unreal. I know first-hand. Well, not the pro-athlete part, but the treatment part. 😃

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I Hear You.

I'm also seeing a theme here, where it seems as though we're picking up FA OL who are notable run-blockers and counting on what?   The RB?  The TE?  Josh's feet?  for pass protection.

Although to be fair, a legitimate fear of the run game will improve the pass protection as well.

the last point often gets overlooked.  If there is a legit run game and fear of it, the WRs will get open quicker, allowing Josh to get rid of the ball faster.  Plus, some of the OL come from run-centric offenses.  Perhaps Queensberry is a good pass blocker?  

1 hour ago, Carmel Corn said:

He's 31 but only played 4 seasons....is that right?  What else did he do?

I believe he is a cancer survivor who took a few years off to beat it. Great to see! Whisking him the best…

Can he also play guard? Position flexibility? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.