Tyreek seeking a trade [Now: Traded to the Dolphins]

Dablitzkrieg

56 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

It doesnt scare me lol

Look who would be throwing him the ball

Huuuuuge drop off in QB talent

Really? I've been thinking lately that Mahomes is overrated, which isn't hard since all NFL commentators (no exceptions) thinks he's God level. Even now, it's always Mahomes first, Allen second. The chief argument, so to speak, is that he has Hill and Kelce, who make plays for him. The Bills receivers, by contrast, tend to catch the ball and get tackled, as our lowest RAC stats show. Not saying Mahomes isn't terrific, but I don't think he's any better than Burrows or Herbert. And I really don't think he is at Allen's level. My point: Replace Hill with Ju Ju, and you'll see all Mahomes' performance metrics dropping significantly. 

One really crazy offseason.  The NFL collective have lost their collective minds. 

Exhibit 1:  230M fully guaranteed contract

Exhibit 2: 40M dead cap hit (largest ever) for a traded QB

Exhibit 3: Paying a receiver QB money

These changes are remaking contracting and contracts in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, wjag said:

One really crazy offseason.  The NFL collective have lost their collective minds. 

Think every team is expecting the big salary cap balloon in the next couple years and paying in advance.  Pretty wise actually.

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

Makes me even more glad we got Allen’s extension done when they did. We would be looking at 50+ per year easily. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

They only have one first this year and it’s very late (29). Not sure about next year. Jets have 4, 10

My Bad.  Yep 29 this year 2 in 2023.

Also Hill lives in Mia in offseason. (he will end up having to sign an extension pointing would likely more Sign in MIA vs NY)

And the guy that had this rumor days before the national guys and they are catching up with all their reports I have already read for the last 4 days. says it is already Done he is a Fin.

I am all for this trade. I cant believe the Chiefs are doing this.

They are literally stepping aside and saying to us "No please, you go ahead. Take the SuperBowl"

The amount of talent drop off will be absurd. No Kelce, No Mahomes. It will be just him. Say what you want about Mahomes and if hes overrated but he can make plays and keep plays alive which is where Hill thrives.

Zach Wilson and Tua arent even half the player Mahommes is. They lack deep ball accuracy and teams will plan against Hill.

I feel like if he does go to the Jets or Dolphins that he will fade into oblivion.

7 minutes ago, finn said:

Really? I've been thinking lately that Mahomes is overrated, which isn't hard since all NFL commentators (no exceptions) thinks he's God level. Even now, it's always Mahomes first, Allen second. The chief argument, so to speak, is that he has Hill and Kelce, who make plays for him. The Bills receivers, by contrast, tend to catch the ball and get tackled, as our lowest RAC stats show. Not saying Mahomes isn't terrific, but I don't think he's any better than Burrows or Herbert. And I really don't think he is at Allen's level. My point: Replace Hill with Ju Ju, and you'll see all Mahomes' performance metrics dropping significantly. 

Hill/Kelce has always been the difference.  Mahomes is really good, but we'll find out just how good when the most unguardable duo in the NFL becomes Kelce and some nice WR's (as i'm sure they'll draft a top guy or two).  My guess is we'll find out it was more Hill/Kelce and less Mahomes.

Bills WR/TE room is nice, but it's not - and has never been, KC's (with Hill), LAC or Cinci.   

Edited by SCBills

5 minutes ago, finn said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MahoPa00.htm

How can 4800 yards, 37 TDs and 13 INTs be considered overrated?  If Josh had that season, half of our fanbase would die from losing too much seemen too quickly.

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL okay.

That definitely means he would have more than doubled Devin Hester's TD record in half the time. 

I never said he’d do that.  Hester had three seasons with three or more TD returns and Hill certainly is capable of that

Hill on the Dolphins is meh.  Very telling that it doesn’t scare the Chiefs.  There’s only one ball to go around and they don’t have a QB who can take advantage of Waddle and Hill on the field together.  Struggling to think of examples of receiver-heavy offenses dominating the league.  And they won’t be able to pay both guys when it’s Waddle’s turn.

Just now, Gugny said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MahoPa00.htm

How can 4800 yards, 37 TDs and 13 INTs be considered overrated?  If Josh had that season, half of our fanbase would die from losing too much seemen too quickly.

Replace Knox/Diggs with Kelce/Hill.... Allen would put up historic numbers.  

12 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Potentially huge impact for the Bills... both positive and negative.

1.  Although this is probably the smart move (long-term) for the Chiefs, the loss of Tyreek Hill would be huge for their offense.  With them being our biggest roadblock the last two seasons, I wouldn't mind seeing them get knocked down a peg.

2.  Hard to say what kind of impact Hill brings to the AFC East.  Miami has a pretty good team overall.  But if he picks the Dolphins, Tua has a pretty weak arm and will struggle taking advantage downfield.  Hill's talents fit better with Zach Wilson.  But then he ends up on a terrible team.

3.  The contract situation at Wide Receiver is getting pretty ugly.  Stephon Diggs is under contract for 2 more seasons, but will almost certainly be pressing for a new deal before then.  

It'll be interesting to see if this is still the case this season with what should be an improved OLine. Tua threw a good deep ball in college and was more accurate on deep balls this past season than most NFL QBs. He very rarely had time to throw down the field though and his WRs simply were not good for it either.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They only have one first this year and it’s very late (29). Not sure about next year. Jets have 4, 10

Which I why I hope it’s Miami.  

elijah moore + a top 10 pick + another pick and I think the chiefs are much better off.  Those 3 players will make 7M a year combined for the next 3 years. I heard Tyreek wants 28M a year,  psssh

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Do no NFC teams want to win? There's such a great opportunity for a dark horse to make a SB run in that conference and it's like none of those teams want to land any impact players. 

Well, one does.

I realized long ago that the NFL is a show about Tom Brady, with other teams roles to add color and nuance to his heroic tale. 

I'm kidding of course, BTW. Sort of. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Of course it has to be in our division FFS

Nah cmon man our division is as weak as they go. We have nothing to complain about. Hill to Dolphins is better that Hill staying in Chiefs 

But Hill to Panthers or so is still better, no argument there.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Diggs, Davis, and Allen have all talked about how Diggs drew heavy coverage and how that opened things up for Davis.

I think another thing that shouldn't be overlooked is how much of an effect Andy Reid's scheme has been able to put him in a good position.

I bet we have seen the best of Tyreek Hill if he leaves KC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Think the Chiefs could be  having larger issues as well. I think this drunken Brett Reid trail DWI trial  , set for April 18, with have Big ramifications on his Big Daddy.   If JR got tanked with the old man etc on the Chiefs campus , not a great look at all.  Then there is going to be a civil trial as well, which will get ugly, though they will settle I am sure. In addition,  Big Daddy not a bastion of health either and I could see him stepping down after 2022 or "forced to retire" by the shield. But who knows, look at all the bad looks the NFL has now that get sweeped under the rug.

Edited by Purplebulldog

4 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

My concern if Miami is involved is if Waddle get shipped over to KC. He’s only about a half-step slower than Hill, and he was damn good even with a bad QB

It’s just different. Hill is just different then every other fast wr. He’s in the Randy Moss category. There’s no defense that stops him. Only thing that stops him would be the qb.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Jets will dodge a bullet if he chooses Miami.  Could see Hill becoming next Antonio Brown without Reid and Mahomes keeping this guy in check.  

Jets fans are surprisingly rationale in their discussions on this.   Split fanbase it seems, with many cringing at the compensation and money for an aging WR who's game is based on speed.  Worried he becomes the next AB in NYC. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.