[Vague Title] Cornerback

Jerboski

14 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Love the signing of Miller… how much do we have for another corner or possible receiver?

Draft…. There’s huge value at the end of round 1 with guys they may have be there at 25…. 

Either McDuffie or Booth Jr is my guess.

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 2

I'm guessing that Beane & Co have a plan for this since they let Levi Wallace walk.

Whether that plan is successful is another matter.

As the noted philosopher Michael Tyson once said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

I'm guessing that Beane & Co have a plan for this since they let Levi Wallace walk.

Whether that plan is successful is another matter.

As the noted philosopher Michael Tyson once said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

I'll take that Von Miller punch any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

No way we go into the season with Dane Jackson and a potentially gimp White.  I think they will get a solid mid tier vet in FA and draft a DB early.   One of the coaching staffs strengths is getting good DB play out of mid level talent.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

No way we go into the season with Dane Jackson and a potentially gimp White.  I think they will get a solid mid tier vet in FA and draft a DB early.   One of the coaching staffs strengths is getting good DB play out of mid level talent.  

Not sure Vonte Davis or Josh Norman help that narrative much…

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If they wouldn't give Levi $4 million they must have a plan. 

Patrick Peterson is a possibility.

Hope so.. projections had Wallace at 10m/ year, hope Beane didn’t buy that and not make an offer.. surprised he sign that deal honestly.

Thinking that we won’t know til draft time, but Beane likes to fill the cupboards before the the draft…so who knows at this point.  He’s shown he’s willing to push lots of money down the road, but just how much?

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Peterson, Fuller, Jackson, Haden. There's a plethora of vets out there

I’m thinking Haden.  He liked the Miller to Buffalo post.  Maybe he’s next 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Thinking that we won’t know til draft time, but Beane likes to fill the cupboards before the the draft…so who knows at this point.  He’s shown he’s willing to push lots of money down the road, but just how much?

Haden is such a perfect fit.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I'll gladly take him in a Wallace swap

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Guys, hear me out for just a second....

Is CB a situation of dire need, most pressing, urgent as I think the consensus on here feel?  I only ask because like I mentioned in another thread, I am very, very encouraged by Dane Jackson's play last year, and do believe he can be our CB2 opposite Tre.  I have been a huge fan of Taron's for years now, the guy is an absolute dog at the nickel corner spot, IMO isn't just one of our best tacklers on the team, but he simply just loves gettin after it.  I agree with many of you who feel Taron Johnson would perform well on the outside, I just love him so much at the nickel spot I say if it ain't broke don't fix it....I think we go CB at #25, and we surprisingly get one of the top CB's there this year, it wouldn't shock me one bit if we landed McDuffie, Booth, or Elam, and I haven't ruled out the outside shot of Gardner or perhaps Stingley, simply because of the fact there's always four or five jawdropper pics that go completely unexpected that drop guys lower than expected....

Edited by smuvtalker

32 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Draft…. There’s huge value at the end of round 1 with guys they may have be there at 25…. 

I have Kaiir Elam or Roger McCreary.  see no reason why Bills shouldn't stay at 25, somebody good is gonna fall

Let’s talk 1st round Cornerbacks:

Sauce Gardner and Derek Stingley are probably gone unless the Bills trade up. 

So then we have 

Kaiir Elam CB Florida

Kyler Gordon CB Washington

Roger McCreary CB Auburn 

Andrew Booth CB Clemson

Trent McDuffie CB Washington 

Out of these guys I think the Bills would prefer in order

Andrew Booth

Kaiir Elam 

Trent McDuffie

Roger McCreary

Kyler Gordon

Its very possible Booth is off the board. I think it’s likely that the other 4 will be on the board and if their set on CB then the Bills will either pick Elam or McDuffie. Gordon has the personality type the Bills love but could be a slot only guy. If the Bills believe he can play outside than he’s in the mix  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

No, round 1 now clearly goes to a WR for Josh.  The D just got a $17M/yr man.  Give Josh a 1st round WR who he gets for 4-5 years.  A WR also make financial sense because getting even a FA C Kirk type is $15M.

CB can be had later in the draft.  The FO can get by with an inexpensive vet as a placement holder.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

They will draft a cornerback in the 1st three rounds and that player will compete with Jackson to start.

I think we sign a low cost vet to add to the mix but wouldn't be shocked if take someone like Kyler Gordon  at #25 as he's a good zone CB and has upside. He reminds me of Tre White in that he isn't the best CB in his draft class but has chance to be. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.