Buffalo Bills are reportedly interested in DE Chandler Jones

BuffaloBills1998

I gathered that Denver was our main competition but they signed Gregory, so where does that leaves the Bills? Besides starving for cash. Watch a team come out of the blue and swoop him up, similar to how the Cardinals did last year with Watt (there was no prior talk of AZ).

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

I gathered that Denver was our main competition but they signed Gregory, so where does that leaves the Bills? Besides starving for cash. Watch a team come out of the blue and swoop him up, similar to how the Cardinals did last year with Watt (there was no prior talk of AZ).

Jones would be a nice get but with Denver out of the way I’d go hard after Miller.  If I need a stop to win a championship, he’s the edge guy I’d want.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Jones would be a nice get but with Denver out of the way I’d go hard after Miller.  If I need a stop to win a championship, he’s the edge guy I’d want.  

Miller still has that bend and speed off the edge, but did you see that tweet from a guy comparing their last two years? Chandler was comfortably ahead of Miller in every category which surprised me.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Seems to be mutual interest between Von and Dallas now that Randy Gregory signed with Denver. And he's still interested in returning to LA. He said he'd only entertain other offers if he can't get a deal done with the Rams. I'd definitely welcome Von, but there hasn't been noise connecting him to Buffalo.

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Jones has mentioned scheme fit several times seems to be the most important thing for him - in addition to money I'm sure.

He doesn't play with his hand on the ground right?  He's been a 3-4 guy his whole career right?

How does he fit then in McDs scheme?  Like Alexander did?   

What am I missing

He  said he doesn’t want to play in the scheme that he was just in, so maybe he does like the Bills scheme ( they are a base nickel)

Maybe most importantly his usage, over scheme. He will want to preserve his body at this stage of his career and McDermott likes to rotate his pass rushers. Also could be a Lorax type which McDermott could show how he was used. Lorax lives in Arizona and does some radio work there, I wouldn’t be surprised if he calls him.

5 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Seems to be mutual interest between Von and Dallas now that Randy Gregory signed with Denver. And he's still interested in returning to LA. He said he'd only entertain other offers if he can't get a deal done with the Rams. I'd definitely welcome Von, but there hasn't been noise connecting him to Buffalo.

I think von Miller ends up “home” in Dallas 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

He is coming, I know he is coming.....

I’m actually starting to want some of the other edge rushers, on the market, instead...we could probably get them cheaper at similar production...👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

Is this the Zach Ertz thread all over again?  . . . 50 pages of foreplay, leading only to deep unfulfillment in the end ????

The Ertz situation involved a trade, and Philly was asking too much. At least Jones is just a dollar amount. I'm still somewhat confident.

Today is the day we discover that Chandler Jones, who said “it isn’t about money”, indeed took more money to sign with a non contender.

We then discover the Bills wound up with the ghost of Jason Pierre Paul.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

Today is the day we discover that Chandler Jones, who said “it isn’t about money”, indeed took more money to sign with a non contender.

We then discover the Bills wound up with the ghost of Jason Pierre Paul.

Does the Ghost have all his fingers?

• Haha (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Damn...Those were some dark times...

LOL.  Nothing was worse than the Bryant Johnson watch aka the Panda Watch!

Dude wound up with career catch total of 319 for 3948 yds and 16 TDs.  Career catch rate was only 49%!!!  Over a 9 year career!

Man Diggs will blow those #s away in his 1st 3 Years as a Bill, already has 18 TDs, 230 catches and 2760 Yds!

9 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

LOL.  Nothing was worse than the Bryant Johnson watch aka the Panda Watch!

Dude wound up with career catch total of 319 for 3948 yds and 16 TDs.  Career catch rate was only 49%!!!  Over a 9 year career!

Man Diggs will blow those #s away in his 1st 3 2 years as a Bill, already has 18 TDs, 230 catches and 2760 Yds!

fify

• Thank you (+1) 1