Russell Wilson traded to the Broncos

Process

Just now, Maynard said:

This makes me most happy living in Seattle! Don’t like him going Broncos, but he’s not the same as he once was. 

Injury aside last year, his numbers were still up there in terms of being among the top 10 QB's in the league.

And even if he has an 'average' type of year the Broncos have a roster capable of going places and everyone knows it was the QB position that was the difference last year between being a 12+ win team and what they actually finished (7-10).

Broncos will definitely be the sexy SB pick next year in the AFC.

6 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Having more stud QBs in your conference is never a good thing 

Get 1st place and you only have to play two of them (at home)

This helps us get 1st place in the AFC. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Fine, let the AFCW cannabilize  themselves, and give us home field advantage in the playoffs!

That’s the best I got.

Yeah that’s def the best thing to come of the trade for the bills.  Just sucks that there’s another possibly great qb to play in the playoffs.  Luckily for us, Nate Hackett is at the helm.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Injury aside last year, his numbers were still up there in terms of being among the top 10 QB's in the league.

And even if he has an 'average' type of year the Broncos have a roster capable of going places and everyone knows it was the QB position that was the difference last year between being a 12+ win team and what they actually finished (7-10).

Broncos will definitely be the sexy SB pick next year in the AFC.

Top 10, eh maybe close but barely.  I would bet heavily against that and now the Broncos wont have a top pick this year and lets see whom else they traded away.

26 minutes ago, mannc said:

Seahawks needed something like this...they weren't going anywhere without major change and now they have a chance to rebuild.  This is exactly what the Texans should have done with Watson before he became radioactive.  Unfortunately, the Seahawks' recent draft history is pretty awful so there's no guarantee they'll capitalize on these picks.   

And what Atlanta should have done in 2019 with Julio and Ryan.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

USA TODAY NFL

@usatodaynfl

6m

The Seahawks will receive two first-round picks, two second-round selections, QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant and DL Shelby Harris.

---

That is a king's ransom

Especially with Wilson being 33 years old. I mean Denver still has some good players but that's a lot to give up. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

USA TODAY NFL

@usatodaynfl

6m

The Seahawks will receive two first-round picks, two second-round selections, QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant and DL Shelby Harris.

---

That is a king's ransom

Even with all that - I think Denver won the trade so far.  

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Magox said:

WOW!

This is actually good for the Bills, makes it easier for us to get Homefield playoff advantage through the playoffs.

Absolutely.  Right now things are setting up for Buffalo and Josh Allen similarly to how it was set up for Brady and the Patriots for years.  Buffalo is playing in the 2nd worst division in the AFC (AFC South is pretty obviously the worst) and Buffalo is more dominant than the most dominant team in the AFC South (Titans?  Colts?).

Without any offseason moves at this point and knowing that our opponents next season are the AFC North (now minus Big Ben and Cleveland is still a mess) and NFC North (possibly the weakest NFC conference) and at this moment I wonder if the Vegas needle has moved from Kansas City to Buffalo for next season as far as who wins the AFC and Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wow.

@mannc here is your route to Willis #1. Watch Seattle package some of these picks to go up again from #9.

I mean, I guess they could roll with Drew Lock this year...or maybe this becomes a Trubisky landing spot.  I'm having a hard time seeing the 'Hawks giving up a lot to move up to 1 overall when there's a good chance Willis and/or Pickett will be there at 9...plus, they're already short on picks because of the insane Jamal Adams trade, so it's not like they're suddenly swimming in high draft picks.  I could see them giving up one of their seconds to move up a few slots if a QB they like is there, though...   

26 minutes ago, Process said:

Odds to win Superbowl before

Bills +700

Chiefs +750

After

Bills +700

Chiefs +850

More competition in the West is better for the Bills.

Eh I don't agree that this is good for the Bills. Denver has a really good roster that was only missing a QB. They are immediate Super Bowl contenders with this move and they're in our conference. The path to the Super Bowl just got a little harder.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Absolutely.  Right now things are setting up for Buffalo and Josh Allen similarly to how it was set up for Brady and the Patriots for years.  Buffalo is playing in the 2nd worst division in the AFC (AFC South is pretty obviously the worst) and Buffalo is more dominant than the most dominant team in the AFC South (Titans?  Colts?).

Without any offseason moves at this point and knowing that our opponents next season are the AFC North (now minus Big Ben and Cleveland is still a mess) and NFC North (possibly the weakest NFC conference) and at this moment I wonder if the Vegas needle has moved from Kansas City to Buffalo for next season as far as who wins the AFC and Super Bowl.

It did a bit .

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Eh I don't agree that this is good for the Bills. Denver has a really good roster that was only missing a QB. They are immediate Super Bowl contenders with this move and they're in our conference. The path to the Super Bowl just got a little harder.

The West is gonna beat itself up though. It is bad news for us in 2023 when we play that division...... for 2022 I agree with those who say this makes KC's route to hosting us again in the playoffs considerably harder. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Agree, and I wonder if Pete Carroll decides to jump ship opening up another vacancy all of a sudden.

Either way their run and window was over and a full blown rebuild will be underway in Seattle now.

He has a history of "jumping the ship." Just ask USC fans. Guy is a real narcissist.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.