Russell Wilson traded to the Broncos

Process

AFC West schedules are going to be brutal this year.

In additon to playing eachother x2, they all play the NFC West and AFC South. That's at least 5 tough games against the Titans/Colts/Rams/Cards/49ers on each schedule.

Chances are probably slim the Chiefs win both the AFCW and emerge as a top 3 seed in the conference.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Damn, just what we need, more top notch QB's in the AFC...

Not worried about Russ in the grand scheme of the AFC, but I do love that he makes the Denver (x2) games that much more difficult for KC.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This might be a defining moment or crippling move for the Broncos.  Wilson isn't young anymore and the Broncos are trading away a boat load of picks, all the while the Denver ownership is up in the air.

I think it is a mistake for the Broncos unless they get to the SB with Wilson and they will have to slug it out ever year with Mahomes, Herbert and Carr. Wilson might be long gone before Mahomes and/or Herbert hit their peak.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This might be a defining moment or crippling move for the Broncos.  Wilson isn't young anymore and the Broncos are trading always a boat load of picks, all the while the Denver ownership is up in the air.

I think it is a mistake for the Broncos unless they get to the SB with Wilson and they will have to slug it out ever year with Mahomes, Herbert and Carr. Wilson might be long gone before Mahomes and/or Herbert hit their peak.

This is not how the NFL works. Teams should try to win. Some of y’all act like every team should just give up if they have Mahomes or whoever in the division.

Edited by FireChans
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This might be a defining moment or crippling move for the Broncos.  Wilson isn't young anymore and the Broncos are trading always a boat load of picks, all the while the Denver ownership is up in the air.

They should just not even play the games I guess.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, DapperCam said:

This helps the Bills by increasing their chances for #1 seed. It doesn’t really matter that another good QB was added to the AFC, because there are already enough good QBs in the AFC that we’ll have to face them in the playoffs anyway.

It does, but on the flipside the AFC becomes much more crowded also hurting the Bills chances of getting over the hump and into the SB.

You are going to see some very good teams in the AFC field not even make the 7 team playoff tourney next year....

Just now, gobills404 said:

Having more stud QBs in your conference is never a good thing 

It increases our chances for the 1 seed which increases our chances to win the SB.

Not hard to understand. It's good for the Bills.

If he got traded to the Dolphins that would be different.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wonder if a 11-6 record will win the AFCW next year.  It's going to be brutal competition within the division.  Exciting games for all the teams involved.  And good news for the rest of the AFC, since it will be easier for other teams to get wild card slots.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.