Russell Wilson traded to the Broncos

Process

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Gotta love the war of attrition the AFC West will now be

Great album !!

6 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

Who's gonna QB for Seattle now?  Guess I don't have to worry about keeping Metcalf as my Keeper in fantasy next fall....

they might as well trade Metcalf to us now

6 hours ago, mannc said:

Seahawks needed something like this...they weren't going anywhere without major change and now they have a chance to rebuild.  This is exactly what the Texans should have done with Watson before he became radioactive.  Unfortunately, the Seahawks' recent draft history is pretty awful so there's no guarantee they'll capitalize on these picks.   

i believe the Texans made him radioactive. It no coincidence that soon after Watson wanted out that suddenly his dirty laundry came out.

Its the old if i cant have you then no one will.

6 hours ago, mannc said:

Seahawks needed something like this...they weren't going anywhere without major change and now they have a chance to rebuild.  This is exactly what the Texans should have done with Watson before he became radioactive.  Unfortunately, the Seahawks' recent draft history is pretty awful so there's no guarantee they'll capitalize on these picks.   

I don't see how getting rid of a Pro bowl QB is good business. 

6 hours ago, mannc said:

When you have a franchise QB...you don't NEED this at all....getting sideways with your franchise SB winning QB is not what you want ever.  Seattle had him under control for 2 more years...if Russ wanted Carrol gone, then he should have been gone..if Russ wanted a passing O instead of that atrocity that Brian Schottenhiemer ran..you make it happen.  What would you all do if Allen wanted X, Y and Z....andthe FO and coaches wanted A B and C...?  You best be finding out how to make Z Y AND Z happen.

Seattle completely failed here.  

6 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

At least Seattle got a stud QB back in Drew Lock.

I really really hope this is sarcasm....Lock is not a stud.  on the day he was drafted, he had played more high level snaps at QB, than anyone in history, having started out as a kid, onto starting at big class HS, then SEC 4 year starter....his scouting report was the easiest thing to ever write because there was a bazillion miles of tape to watch.....  he's been EXACTLY what his scouting report said he'd be in the NFL.....wich is not a stud.

6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Russell Wilson finally gets himself an o line. 

This is false.  the Broncos have a bad O line....if you visit some broncos boards this is their main concern...they know they must find ways to make the line better...they have been harping on that even before this trade.  It's not a good line at all.

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I never thought of it that way but I think you are correct.

Still I think the Broncos overpaid for an aged QB and mortgaged a lot of their future.

LOL...mortaged their future?  WHAT FUTURE?  They didn't have a QB....what future did they mortgage?  The one where they drafted Stingly at 9 and have a great secondary and miss the playoffs again becaus they don't have a QB?  Please....tell me/us what did they forgo here?  LOL....they have a future now because they have a QB....

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chiefs Planet thinks Denver got fleeced

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=342879&page=11

I'm not a member there...but I am sure those folks can't be objective about this.....because it's the Broncos....but this was a STEAL for Denver.

couple other things..

elway is not Denver's GM.  George Paton is...this was his deal.  All the way.

Denver now clearly is in the mix of legit contenders...because QB...but that roster still needs some work..especially at O line....they are thin at CB and DL too.  They didn't ahve a single pro bowler last year....some would say there were a QB away....that is true to the extent that if you have a QB, you always have a chance..but that roster isn't as good as many would have thought.  ....they have a few nice pieces...

And YES...this definitely is a help to the Bills!  the vegas odds went down for KC because it make the 1 seed harder.  the 1 seed means your path to the SB is one fewer game.  The math alone on that is a huge win as getting the 1 will be alot easier for the Bills than any AFC West team for sure.  Consider, lets say you are the 1 seed...you aren't playing ALL THREE of Mahomes, Wislon and Herbert...the worst you'd encounter is two of the three.

It's a big win for the bills

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

What? In the NFL your nowhere if you don't have a top tier QB. Wilson is still in his prime and has been playing for a team that had one of the worst O-Lines in the league. The Broncos were an afterthought, and are now #2 in the AFC West, and likely a top 6 team in the AFC. Draft picks don't matter much when the likes of Drew Lock is your QB. I think the Broncos got off cheap.    

How the hell did my name get in Doc’s quote? I responded to Doc as he said it was a dumb move, here’s what I wrote “I don’t know about that. In the last Broncos/Chiefs game, the Broncos defense kept them in the game and would have won if they had even a decent QB.” 

33 minutes ago, Negan said:

Broncos vs Rams now to start the season I would guess...

Would have loved the Bills there to curb stomp the Rams. 

Yea that's unfortunate, would have liked to see the Bills in the season opener.

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Maybe they're looking for an Osweiller type trade where the team takes a player & gets a draft choice too.  Why would any team trade for Darnold with the 5th year option unless Carolina kicked in a pick or 2.  Right now Carolina would love to dump off Darnold & his guaranteed salary.  

Why did a team trade two first round picks for Jamal Adams..watch him suck and then give him a top contract at his position?

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Most will disagree but this definitely makes Carr the worst QB in that division. I mean Mahomes, Herbert & Wilson. Raiders fans have got to be screaming lol

I'm not so sure ANYONE would disagree with that.

When Carr is the worst QB in your division...it's a hell of a division!

Meanwhile, I'm quite confident in saying that the three kids the Bills' division rivals are pinning their hopes on at QB aren't in Josh Allen's stratosphere. 

Mahomes has six dogfights a year on his hands. Allen? Not.

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

Meanwhile, I'm quite confident in saying that the three kids the Bills' division rivals are pinning their hopes on at QB aren't in Josh Allen's stratosphere. 

I wouldn’t call Carr and the raiders a dog fight lol. They’re probably going to end up being the worst team in that division 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i believe the Texans made him radioactive. It no coincidence that soon after Watson wanted out that suddenly his dirty laundry came out.

Utter nonsense…

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

Who's gonna QB for Seattle now?  Guess I don't have to worry about keeping Metcalf as my Keeper in fantasy next fall....

Seattle might have the same feelings you do 

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Great album !!

they might as well trade Metcalf to us now

They would’ve done it the month after the trade not the month before 

2 hours ago, Negan said:

Broncos vs Rams now to start the season I would guess...

Would have loved the Bills there to curb stomp the Rams. 

I want the better offenses later than in the year when T White is 100%.

45 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I wouldn’t call Carr and the raiders a dog fight lol. They’re probably going to end up being the worst team in that division 

I'm not so sure. Worst team in the division? Sure, someone has to be. Doesn't mean they'll be bad, though.

The Raiders were in the playoffs just this year, and I think the new GM and McDaniels and Martindale will draft and coach them to respectability. Nothing earth shattering, but a 9 to 10 win a year type team.

Edited by Logic

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Please.

Even the Texans aren't stupid enough to say to themselves, "OK, we've got an asset and he wants go somewhere else. Our best move is to destroy the value of that asset so we get nothing in return!! Damn, I'm like Lex Luthor over here, an evil genius!!"

That idea has absolutely zero validity, and even less sense.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

For??

There arent any QBs worth taking.

It says it in the post... for Willis. I don't think he is worth that either but the Seahawks draft 3rd rounders in the 1st round most years so drafting a 2nd rounder in round 1 would be a step forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Elway gonna Elway.  Jeezus, two firsts and two seconds, a fifth, Lock, Fant, Harris for Wilson, a 4th, and a bag o' footballs.  And Wilson waived his no-trade clause to go to a team with no draft future?  Just....wow.

As the Rams have just shown, the draft is overrated if you're acquiring the right pieces via trades and free agency.  Win now and sort the rest out later. 

The Broncos are now Super Bowl ready.

22 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Elway gonna Elway.  Jeezus, two firsts and two seconds, a fifth, Lock, Fant, Harris for Wilson, a 4th, and a bag o' footballs.  And Wilson waived his no-trade clause to go to a team with no draft future?  Just....wow.

The Rams haven't had a first round pick since 2016 and won't have one until 2024.  They just won the Super Bowl albeit they're pry an anomaly because of how well they drafted in the later rounds.

Elway isn't the GM but is the root cause of needing to make this trade.  They have a strong roster on both sides of the ball and are a legitimate contender for at least the next couple of years.  I'd argue they're pry the third or fourth best team in the AFC right now.

This trade was a huge win for the Broncos unless Wilson significantly loses mobility as he gets up there in age.

9 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

When you have a franchise QB...you don't NEED this at all....getting sideways with your franchise SB winning QB is not what you want ever.  Seattle had him under control for 2 more years...if Russ wanted Carrol gone, then he should have been gone..if Russ wanted a passing O instead of that atrocity that Brian Schottenhiemer ran..you make it happen.  What would you all do if Allen wanted X, Y and Z....andthe FO and coaches wanted A B and C...?  You best be finding out how to make Z Y AND Z happen.

Seattle completely failed here.  

I really really hope this is sarcasm....Lock is not a stud.  on the day he was drafted, he had played more high level snaps at QB, than anyone in history, having started out as a kid, onto starting at big class HS, then SEC 4 year starter....his scouting report was the easiest thing to ever write because there was a bazillion miles of tape to watch.....  he's been EXACTLY what his scouting report said he'd be in the NFL.....wich is not a stud.

This is false.  the Broncos have a bad O line....if you visit some broncos boards this is their main concern...they know they must find ways to make the line better...they have been harping on that even before this trade.  It's not a good line at all.

LOL...mortaged their future?  WHAT FUTURE?  They didn't have a QB....what future did they mortgage?  The one where they drafted Stingly at 9 and have a great secondary and miss the playoffs again becaus they don't have a QB?  Please....tell me/us what did they forgo here?  LOL....they have a future now because they have a QB....

I'm not a member there...but I am sure those folks can't be objective about this.....because it's the Broncos....but this was a STEAL for Denver.

couple other things..

elway is not Denver's GM.  George Paton is...this was his deal.  All the way.

Denver now clearly is in the mix of legit contenders...because QB...but that roster still needs some work..especially at O line....they are thin at CB and DL too.  They didn't ahve a single pro bowler last year....some would say there were a QB away....that is true to the extent that if you have a QB, you always have a chance..but that roster isn't as good as many would have thought.  ....they have a few nice pieces...

And YES...this definitely is a help to the Bills!  the vegas odds went down for KC because it make the 1 seed harder.  the 1 seed means your path to the SB is one fewer game.  The math alone on that is a huge win as getting the 1 will be alot easier for the Bills than any AFC West team for sure.  Consider, lets say you are the 1 seed...you aren't playing ALL THREE of Mahomes, Wislon and Herbert...the worst you'd encounter is two of the three.

It's a big win for the bills

I appreciate your perspective on this. For Seattle, this is a win in that they managed to get a pretty good haul that allows them to rebuild. Maybe they have a game plan we don’t know about to replace Wilson. 

Yes, it’s bad that they got sideways with their franchise QB, but it happened and they were forced to face reality…and unlike Houston, they actually made the best of a bad situation, getting back 2 starters and 4 premium draft picks. The fact is, they weren’t going anywhere with Wilson anymore and he no longer wanted to be there. Now they have a chance to rebuild, with some good decisions and a little bit of luck. 

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

As the Rams have just shown, the draft is overrated if you're acquiring the right pieces via trades and free agency.  Win now and sort the rest out later. 

The Broncos are now Super Bowl ready.

They are closer to not making the playoffs than they are the SB.

• Eyeroll 1

I love this move for the Broncos, Draft picks aren’t the end all be all. We have Picks being Poached, we have Picks wasting away (Ford) and Picks that still may have question marks like Epenesa. 

Denver got their Qb, Davonte Williams, some nice Wr in Jeudy and Sutton. A top ten defense in rankings, top three in points allowed. If they stay status quo then they ain’t going no where in that division. Now they have a legitimate shot. 

No team is winning multiple SuperBowls anymore, The Goal right now is to get One, competition is just getting tougher. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

9th overall pick this year is the biggest part of the return for the Seahawks. In a year that kind of looks like the 2014 QB draft (EJ Manuel in case you forgot).

If this works for the Broncs, the next 1st rounder will be like getting a high 2nd.

Shelby Harris: really solid player. He'll be missed by the Broncos.

Noah Fant: uber talented, but quite frankly was outplayed by Albert O. (don't make me try to spell it), who looks really good at TE. 

Drew Lock: like trading EJ Manuel c. 2016. There's still a slight chance he'll be a late bloomer, but there's a far better chance he's completely out of football by 2023.

10 hours ago, Logic said:

Right? Carr would be the top QB in the AFC south and NFC south right now by a long shot 

45 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

9th overall pick this year is the biggest part of the return for the Seahawks. In a year that kind of looks like the 2014 QB draft (EJ Manuel in case you forgot).

If this works for the Broncs, the next 1st rounder will be like getting a high 2nd.

Shelby Harris: really solid player. He'll be missed by the Broncos.

Noah Fant: uber talented, but quite frankly was outplayed by Albert O. (don't make me try to spell it), who looks really good at TE. 

Drew Lock: like trading EJ Manuel c. 2016. There's still a slight chance he'll be a late bloomer, but there's a far better chance he's completely out of football by 2023.

Lock is pretty talented and put together some nice games at the end of the year. I'd say hes a low end starter and pretty good backup

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

This is a complete fleece job by the Seahawks.  All that for a 33 year old QB who looked awful last year with two prow bowl WR’s and a great RB.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.