Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

So I flipped on NFL network and they were showing Chandler Jones in a Bills jersey and said “sorry (other team that’s interested) he’s signing with the Bills” so I immediately start scrolling Twitter but then I realized that it was just the end of a segment where they were predicting where the big name free agents still available would sign. Damn it! 😂

Edited by BillsFan4

1 minute ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Gotta be Edmunds, right?

Involved in a deal for Hunter? Or flipped for a pick?

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Bease and a 3rd for Barkley. Both teams dump someone they don't want and get something they need. 

Do you think the Giants would do Beas, Moss and a late round pick (maybe a 5th or 6th)?

4 minutes ago, EersN'Bills said:

Involved in a deal for Hunter? Or flipped for a pick?

Do you think the Giants would do Beas, Moss and a late round pick (maybe a 5th or 6th)?

There has to be some channel there like panthers to us.  They have already signed a few and daboll loves bease.  

But ya.  Would not be surprised if we packaged moss. 

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

There has to be some channel there like panthers to us.  They have already signed a few and daboll loves bease.  

But ya.  Would not be surprised if we packaged moss. 

Think they would have to unload one of Moss or Singletary if they want Barkley. Can't go into the season with three RBs who don't play STs. Based on how last year played out, they definitely keep Singletary.

12 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Bease and a 3rd for Barkley. Both teams dump someone they don't want and get something they need. 

This could be spot on considering the Bills May get that back for the Trubiski signing….  Would that make it basically Beasley for Barkley?

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Gronk has an opening in Cincy with Uzodah signing with the Jets yet does he turn away from Brady? Not sure. It be nice to have him here but think he can get more money elsewhere.

I can’t see Gronk chasing money.  He’s got other options to make money outside of playing for a crap team. 

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think he plays with Brady in Tampa or nowhere.   

I feel that unless they seriously low ball him than he takes the money in Cincy.

Just now, DCofNC said:

I can’t see Gronk chasing money.  He’s got other options to make money outside of playing for a crap team. 

Cincy made it to Super Bowl last year and has money to spend. Granted I can't see replicating the same success this season.

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If true, I’m guessing with the Vikes for Danielle Hunter.  I just don’t see the Bills spending the money on RBs with mileage on their bodies, especially when a stud DE is a bigger need.  After that, can focus on other needs.

My money is on nothing happening. Just another poster hoping for attention. I guess it makes for entertaining reading!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Gronk has an opening in Cincy with Uzodah signing with the Jets yet does he turn away from Brady? Not sure. It be nice to have him here but think he can get more money elsewhere.

with Engram going for $9M, Ertz for >$10M, and Njoku franchised at close to $11M, looks like $12-13M needed for Gronk.  Might be too rich for Beane.  I'd still like to see it though. 

We need another pass catcher - be it TE or WR.  I would have preferred Gronk and a drafted stud WR.  Looking like a long shot now though.

10 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

with Engram going for $9M, Ertz for >$10M, and Njoku franchised at close to $11M, looks like $12-13M needed for Gronk.  Might be too rich for Beane.  I'd still like to see it though. 

We need another pass catcher - be it TE or WR.  I would have preferred Gronk and a drafted stud WR.  Looking like a long shot now though.

Gronk hasn't been a money guy for a few years now.  I don't think his deal will be in the same ball park as these other guys.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a base of 5 mil with incentives

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Would love this

Has he done anything?  Granted, he doesn't play for a real NFL team, but still....

Interesting to see the first moves in the new league year were to re-sign a gadget WR, a new guard, and 2 DT's.  

Not arguing with the Saffold signing, but the other 3 signings are just...Billsy.  Or, should I say...McCoach-esque.  

Would imagine more moves will be made, but interior OL/DL and gadget WR's are not the reason this team lost 2 years running to KC.  If they're still following the McCoach team-building approach it'll fail even with a franchise QB. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Gronk hasn't been a money guy for a few years now.  I don't think his deal will be in the same ball park as these other guys.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a base of 5 mil with incentives

Has he done anything?  Granted, he doesn't play for a real NFL team, but still....

He just needs some JA17 😉

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

Interesting to see the first moves in the new league year were to re-sign a gadget WR, a new guard, and 2 DT's.  

Not arguing with the Saffold signing, but the other 3 signings are just...Billsy.  Or, should I say...McCoach-esque.  

Would imagine more moves will be made, but interior OL/DL and gadget WR's are not the reason this team lost 2 years running to KC.  If they're still following the McCoach team-building approach it'll fail even with a franchise QB. 

Bad take. Doesn't make any sense. Do you follow the Bills?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think Shenault and Cordarelle Patterson are very similar players - very physical, shifty WRs, but not the best route runners. I wonder if Shenault would take carries out of the backfield or convert to RB like Patterson.

EDIT: just saw they’re almost exactly the same size and build too.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

The AFCCG loss the interior OL was definitely a good part of reason that game was lost. I clearly recall KC blowing through on a consistent basis making Allen's day a very miserable one.

The recent playoff loss couple months ago was obviously coaches doing as I'm sure you're aware has been discussed more than enough. I agree with you they need to somehow work numbers etc out to get a solid player in a position of need that can possibly get them where they need to be. But it's well known the cap situation and certain things have to be adjusted to make moves for any impact type player and that could take a more than the 1st few hours of day 1 of F/A.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.