Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

When Seattle fails to get Watson because he ends up in Miami, you do everything you can to get DK....I'll consider Lockett a consolation get.  

Sign Chandler Jones.

Get Gronk.

Keep Harry.  

Trade for Saquan - Edmonds straight up

Sign Wagner (4x36 million)

Draft the best CB and IOLs.

Done.  

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Hearing Chandler Jones unlikely to sign here per Albright. In that case I have no idea what Beane was thinking not making a move for Mack. We are desperate for a legit pass rush. 

Are we?  

I think I'd be much more desperate for elite weapons 

The WR group to me currently - because you still have no guarantees with Davis - sits a lot like the CB room last year.  It is a Diggs injury from the season being over like we were a White injury away from being done on D because the CB depth was terrible.  All due respect to Levi.  

You can't, absolutely cannot come into this season with just Diggs and Davis.  That's a fail.  And no you can't bank on the draft. 

QBs are too freaking mobile and too good to be sweating who can get sacks.  We need to get pressure and cover and I think we do that just fine.  We can't stop the run.  

Overpay for WEAPONS.  Get me all the weapons you can.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And seriously, what does signing Jones say about our freaking draft strategy the last oh 3 years?

Oliver

Groot

Basham (the worst freaking pick - looks at Humphrey)

Signing Star, Addison, Obada etc

I mean, it honestly doesn’t say a ton… yet. 

EDGE typically takes a while to develop, unless you’re drafting in the top 5.  

Guys like TJ Watt developing so quickly are rare, and he had 7 sacks his first year.  Good, but not dominant as a rookie. 

Point definitely valid re: Star, Addison etc. 

Edited by SCBills

19 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Hearing Chandler Jones unlikely to sign here per Albright. In that case I have no idea what Beane was thinking not making a move for Mack. We are desperate for a legit pass rush. 

There are at least 5 other elite to close to elite DEs available - clowney, etc.

id love chandler J BUT he is 32 and if you take away his first game last year (5 sacks), he had 1.5 sacks less than Addison. Speaking of Addison, I’d love to get him or Hughes back on a reasonable deal. Addison is severely underrated around here. He also said something a couple of weeks ago indicating he’d be back. Somththing like Buffalo isn’t letting me leave 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/cole-beasley-christian-mccaffrey-trade/    

Cole, a 3rd, and a 5th.  Hell yeah I say.  Motor and Christian, F Yeah!  McCafferty would solve our returner issues too.  He can motion outside, and really present matchup problems. 

What do you mean McCaffrey would solve ou return issues?  You would want him to be our returner??? Oh man

7 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

There are at least 5 other elite to close to elite DEs available - clowney, etc.

id love chandler J BUT he is 32 and if you take away his first game last year (5 sacks), he had 1.5 sacks less than Addison. Speaking of Addison, I’d love to get him or Hughes back on a reasonable deal. Addison is severely underrated around here. He also said something a couple of weeks ago indicating he’d be back. Somththing like Buffalo isn’t letting me leave 

At least 5 elite or close to elite DEs available??  Really?  Name 5

here’s  a list

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/defensive-end/

Edited by NewEra

Look don't get me wrong I'm fine with getting Jones - just not at the expense of what I'm beginning to think might be our biggest need - WR 

CB is need 1B I'm just confident we'll get a good one in RD 1 and you can bring in a few vets to hold it down for Tre

3 hours ago, Pete said:

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/cole-beasley-christian-mccaffrey-trade/    

Cole, a 3rd, and a 5th.  Hell yeah I say.  Motor and Christian, F Yeah!  McCafferty would solve our returner issues too.  He can motion outside, and really present matchup problems. 

I don’t even like the thought of offering a 3rd, considering the injury history and the contract...

I’d offer a 4th this year, and a conditional 5th rounder next year...

The Panthers should consider the Bills doing them a favor by taking that ‘albatross’ off their necks...😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

When Seattle fails to get Watson because he ends up in Miami, you do everything you can to get DK....I'll consider Lockett a consolation get.  

Sign Chandler Jones.

Get Gronk.

Keep Harry.  

Trade for Saquan - Edmonds straight up

Sign Wagner (4x36 million)

Draft the best CB and IOLs.

Done.  

Apparently, I missed the memo that being 2 million under the cap actually means we're 50 million under the cap. We can make some moves to free up some money.  But not THAT much.

And there's a lot of you who are going to be really disappointed because Edmunds will be here this year and will most likely be extended to free up space. He will NOT be traded. Beane even acknowledged his detectors and made a point to say he doesn't agree with you.

39 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Again, the Bills could not absorb Mack’s contract. He has a 30 mill cap hit this year. He already restructured it last year and wasn’t going to again. That is part of the deal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Apparently, I missed the memo that being 2 million under the cap actually means we're 50 million under the cap. We can make some moves to free up some money.  But not THAT much.

And there's a lot of you who are going to be really disappointed because Edmunds will be here this year and will most likely be extended to free up space. He will NOT be traded. Beane even acknowledged his detectors and made a point to say he doesn't agree with you.

2 days ago the Saints were 35 million over the cap and now they are 5. And they didn’t cut anybody and re-sign Carl Granderson. I’m not saying Beane will go crazy with restructures etc, but they can do anything if they want. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If the folks breaking down our cap space are correct that we could free up 30 plus million this year before an Edmonds trade then that can all be done.  

Here is the question we're going to very soon have to come to grips with.  

Do we play for '23 and beyond or do some serious splash moves to go all in now.  Maybe both can still be true but I don't know.  

We will still be a SB contender this year but our offseason will look like last years.  

And if we draft Williams at 25 I'd consider it a sign we're doing just that.  Looking long term.  

46 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Im guessing Bills sign Foley Fatukasi if we don't sign Chandler.  That seems more like Beanes under the radar signing.  Supposedly Foley's star is on the rise big time

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If the folks breaking down our cap space are correct that we could free up 30 plus million this year before an Edmonds trade then that can all be done.  

Here is the question we're going to very soon have to come to grips with.  

Do we play for '23 and beyond or do some serious splash moves to go all in now.  Maybe both can still be true but I don't know.  

We will still be a SB contender this year but our offseason will look like last years.  

And if we draft Williams at 25 I'd consider it a sign we're doing just that.  Looking long term.  

You have to go all in in my opinion. Time to strike is now. If we only get 1 Super Bowl, I don’t care. Let’s get one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.