Rumored Giants Players Available for Trade

SCBills

I’m on board for Saquon, the guy is one of the best in the game at RB when healthy.  I know that’s a big if, but I’d take a swing if we could.  Ideally it’s a player for player deal maybe sweetened with some late round picks that have little shot of making this team.  Perhaps Moss and a 6th or the likes. I don’t think Moss has a place here and the Giants need to shed the contract, especially one committed to a RB.  They are in a no win situation with him, either they pay big money to a RB who makes no real difference on a losing team, or they get a small return for him.  If he stays and has a big year, you then face the fact you can’t resign him anyway and lose him fit nothing but the hope of a comp pick.  Or he gets hurt again/doesn’t produce and you paid for nothing.  It’s not great either way, I think he will be moved and I don’t think they are going to get much because every team is in that same position.  RB is really undervalued right now, the Giants should not have drafted him, but that’s a whole different issue.  Nobody is going to give up much for a high priced RB on a short term deal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Schoen would love to trade Barkley and free up the cap space for a guy who can't seem to stay healthy, but his 1 year, $7.2M fully guaranteed contract makes him unpalatable to most trade partners.

Barkley wouldn’t fetch more than a 5th rounder, maybe a 4th.  

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Kadarius Toney

Saquon Barkley

James Bradberry 

With Schoen over at NYG, any of these guys interest anyone here?

For me personally, I'd offer a 2nd Rounder for Toney.  Still on a rookie deal, 1st RD Pick last year.  Not the same player as Tyreek Hill in terms of speed, but similar playmaking ability out of the slot.  

Moss and a 4th should do it for Saquan…if he stayed healthy he’d have 1500 yards with Allen in the same backfield 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Toney really on the trade block? He had a solid rookie year. Was hurt for a portion though 

1 hour ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

I wouldn't think they are shopping Toney - rookie contract, need weapons, has shown flashes.  Doesn't make sense for them.  Nothing to lose there.

Barkley/Bradberry - would think they are absolutely looking to rid big contracts or capture value where Barkley is concerned.

Toney is an idiot  I’d give a 4th for him. Maybe a 3rd but I don’t think so. He’s absolutely NOT a culture fit in Buffalo.  Maybe our locker room could put him in his place and having a guy like Diggs to look up to could really help…..but sometimes you can’t help stupid 

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Moss and a 4th should do it for Saquan…if he stayed healthy he’d have 1500 yards with Allen in the same backfield 

No he wouldn’t.  Zero chance of that happening. Motor would still get touches 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Toney is an idiot  I’d give a 4th for him. Maybe a 3rd but I don’t think so. He’s absolutely NOT a culture fit in Buffalo.  Maybe our locker room could put him in his place and having a guy like Diggs to look up to could really help…..but sometimes you can’t help stupid 

Ill take my chances on that

Barkely can go 80 yards on any play that’s not Motors game 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Kadarius Toney

Saquon Barkley

James Bradberry 

For me personally, I'd offer a 2nd Rounder for Toney.  Still on a rookie deal, 1st RD Pick last year.  Not the same player as Tyreek Hill in terms of speed, but similar playmaking ability out of the slot.  

Is there a link reporting these rumored players are on the trade block?

I'd be interested in Saquon but only as a one year rental. Absolutely zero interest in giving a RB a big long term deal, even if he has a great year. 

I'd give them a 6th and then let him walk after next season.

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think a Barkley type is the perfect lets roll the dice type player, where if it hits you look like a genius but if not its gonna look bad

I would be really interested if his cap hit wasn't so large but the cap hit alone is a no go for me

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Where there is smoke, there is sometimes fire.

Other times where there is smoke, there is a dude smoking some funky stuff.

Toney trade block rumor seems more like the latter smoke.

You never know. Given where the Bills drafted last year, you can bet they did their research on him. His "character" was apparently a polarizing issue regarding his future. No one questioned the talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

It will be interesting to see if they tear it completely down like we did. 
Toney is on a rookie deal, but Beane also cut or traded some guys on rookie deals as well. I found the Jonathan Williams release puzzling I remember. 
Im not sold they will reset the roster and cap over there. If I had my choice I’d rather have Golloday for like a 4th. He’s often injured but already signed up a couple more years. He’s one of my favorite players but I could understand why a lot of people wouldn’t want him. Leanord Williams next to Oliver sounds fun too but highly unlikely given his monster salary I think he has. Fun topic at least 

20 hours ago, mannc said:

You mean like when Indy was shopping their recent first-rounder, Jerry Hughes? 

No.  I said after their first year and I also mentioned scheme changes.  Hughes had been in Indy for three seasons when he was traded.  Indy also had coaching changes and changed from a 4-3 to a 3-4 between the time he was drafted and traded.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Maybe, when he's on the field or healthy enough. Seems like he's been injured a bit and not sure if any of the injuries could affect his play.

Oh agreed that’s why I’d give them a conditional 2023 4th that could move to a third if Saquan plays say 12 games he’s to much of an injury risk to give anymore then that.

And a 4th can easily be recovered 

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Kadarius Toney

Saquon Barkley

James Bradberry 

Only name on the list I would entertain is Toney but will never happen so no reason to even entertain that. 

52 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Ill take my chances on that

Barkely can go 80 yards on any play that’s not Motors game 

If he is not Hurt yet again maybe. 

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Oh agreed that’s why I’d give them a conditional 2023 4th that could move to a third if Saquan plays say 12 games he’s to much of an injury risk to give anymore then that.

And a 4th can easily be recovered 

Also never know what Giants asking price would be. But yeah, if so his health will definitely play a factor for any team negotiating with them

57 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

You never know. Given where the Bills drafted last year, you can bet they did their research on him. His "character" was apparently a polarizing issue regarding his future. No one questioned the talent. 

I’m certainly not a fly on the wall.

Would love to have Toney, just do not see him being shopped as likely. 

Toney makes the most sense but also has the highest value. Barkley isn't as bad as people think, maybe get them both with some sort of package deal. 

Sadly we don't have alot of draft capital that we can just give away. 

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

That what you are thinking Giants would want for him? A 4th?

Absolutely not, no way you touch him for less than a 2nd imo.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Kadarius Toney

Saquon Barkley

James Bradberry 

Barkley is almost a lock to be traded IMHO (even though some posters here said I was crazy and that he isnt going anywhere) and I think Bradberry likely could be out of there this year too.  I also think they will try and move Golladay, but they will have a harder time finding suitors for him and his contract. 

Toney on the other hand, I really doubt he goes anywhere.  2nd year player, kid can be electric, and he is cheap in terms of cap space.  He wasn't able to stay on the field, so who knows, maybe they just want to clean house and get value for him now (he would actually have by far the most trade value of these 3 in terms of compensation back between youth, explosiveness, and attractive contract situation) and invest in other parts of the team first like the trenches.  But, still seems a lot less likely than the other 2.

Not really interested in any of them with their present situations.

Toney scares me as why would he be on the block after 1 year aside from major red flags.

Barkley’s contract is too big and he’s constantly hurt. He hasn’t even looked great since last year pre-injury.

Bradberry I’d take if he’s released by the Giants. Keep his cap hit sub 9mil though seeing as he’d be CB2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.