Allen is better

george c

1 minute ago, Process said:

That had to be the worst half of his career. He was so bad. 

Sensitive Bills fans need to be ready to see Burrow considered better than Allen all off-season. People, and the media, are constantly looking for a reason to knock Allen down a peg. And they got it. 

Josh is better than Burrow (take Chase away and see how good he is) but the Bengals have the better defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The bizarre thing is, Josh Allen went out a hero last week.  Pretty unusual when your team loses.  But he’s only remembered for his amazingness in that game while Mahomes is remembered for stinking up Arrowhead in his final game.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2

Just now, Process said:

Josh is better than Burrow and Herbert, and it's not even close, we know that. But the media is gonna run with this.

Well, if Burrow gets a ring this year, I can't blame them. But in their last games, Josh left the field an epic winner and the Rat had another epic meltdown, that can not be denied. Josh is still in the top 2 no matter what.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, george c said:

That Grim Reaper thing lasted about a week for Mahomes. LOL. 

What a total choke job.

Friends, we have the honor of having the most dangerous QB in the NFL today.

Lets get this defense straightened out. 

THE DEFENSE??!!!??? HAHAHAHA

oh yeah, that's what cost us the game... the defense. 

• Disagree 1

Comparing Allen to Burrow, I think Burrow’s accuracy and processor are a little better, but Allen is more physically imposing. His skillset makes him harder to defend if everything in the secondary is covered up (or the OL doesn’t block). 

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Josh Allen is the best player in the NFL, period.  Beane needs to assemble a team and a coaching staff that will allow him to shine.

He is shining.  the downfall is that our D hasn’t matched up to KC in the playoffs 2 straight years 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Mahomes had a lousy 2nd half by his standards.

Probably still the best QB in the game right now.

When Josh has a QB ring too, the debate will be more interesting.

Allen needs to start to puts up some Awards and Accolades and Rings to make it even a debate.

Mahomes is…

Super Bowl Champ,  Super Bowl MVP, League MVP, Offensive Player of the Year, SI Sportsman of the Year.  NFL Record All-Time Passer Rating.

And he’s 3-1 against Allen.

so there is a lot of way to go.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Yeah well for anybody who convinced themselves that the OT rules are broken because the Chiefs offense can't be stopped if they win the toss, the Bengals defense just ***** that argument down.

But the team that wins the coin toss still has a 10-2 record this year.  That's a problem.

14 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

THE DEFENSE??!!!??? HAHAHAHA

oh yeah, that's what cost us the game... the defense. 

Huh?  The Bills' defense let up 36 points in regulation.  The Bengals allowed 24.  The loss of Tre was huge.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Comparing Allen to Burrow, I think Burrow’s accuracy and processor are a little better, but Allen is more physically imposing. His skillset makes him harder to defend if everything in the secondary is covered up (or the OL doesn’t block). 

Agree. Burrow is more of a pure passer and in my opinion reads a defense quicker. He's also got mobility. That said, Josh is just so much more athletic. It's dramatic enough to make up for any advantages Burrows has. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, george c said:

What a total choke job.

Patrick Mahomes in the second half 5/21 23% completion percentage 55 yards 1 int

• Vomit 1
  • Shocked 2

2 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Allen is the best thing to ever happen to the NFL. He’s the greatest player ever. Not even close anymore 

Well,  Josh Allen is officially #1 I believe now in NFL history for highest Quarterback rating (106.6) for the postseason games played,  as he was in second place behind Mahomes at 107.2 prior to today's Mahomes meltdown. So, Josh passes Mahomes today I believe. They have not updated the ratings yet, but Josh for sure now is the Postseason rating king. This fact far surpasses my Buffalo Bills Pre-Season Champs t-shirt.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just like the Bills seemingly stopped playing and lost all sense of urgency when they went up 3 with 13 seconds left, the Chiefs sleepwalked in the second half after going up 21-3 and lost their urgency. Gotta keep playing until the game ends, I have no doubt the Bills defense would’ve looked different last week if they were up by less than 3 with 13 seconds left.

14 hours ago, BillsDude said:

Well,  Josh Allen is officially #1 I believe now in NFL history for highest Quarterback rating (106.6) for the postseason games played,  as he was in second place behind Mahomes at 107.2 prior to today's Mahomes meltdown. So, Josh passes Mahomes today I believe. They have not updated the ratings yet, but Josh for sure now is the Postseason rating king. This fact far surpasses my Buffalo Bills Pre-Season Champs t-shirt.

Who cares really,  unless the Bills get the other side of the ball fixed then he could be left out and fall short.  The offseason should be all about improving our defence and everything should be on the table to do that.  I don't need the 85 Bears but a team that attacks and make plays like we saw Cincy do today

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Patrick Mahomes in the second half 5/21 23% completion percentage 55 yards 1 int

Ouch. I new he was struggling in the second half, but those numbers are worse than I thought. He also had the pick in OT, too. 

If Allen had that second half performance, he'd be getting excoriated by the pundits. 

34 minutes ago, Process said:

That had to be the worst half of his career. He was so bad. 

Sensitive Bills fans need to be ready to see Burrow considered better than Allen all off-season. People, and the media, are constantly looking for a reason (doesn't have to be legitimate) to knock Allen down a peg. And they got it. 

It's laughable. Burrow is nowhere close to Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, george c said:

What a total choke job.

I didn't even need to check who gave you negative reactions. So predictable.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Process said:

Sensitive Bills fans need to be ready to see Burrow considered better than Allen all off-season. People, and the media, are constantly looking for a reason (doesn't have to be legitimate) to knock Allen down a peg. And they got it. 

That's true. It felt like the last hurdle for him was the consistency hurdle. But with the back to back record setting playoffs games it seems like he cleared that one now. Not sure what they will come up with now.

Interesting how three historically struggling old AFC teams have each found the perfect quarterback for their city to lead them into the future. KC, Cinci, and Bills. I suspect that fans of each team would not want to trade for any other QB. It’s time for teams like Pitt, and NE to take a back seat for a decade.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Who honestly gives a flying**** how the media spins in 

If you have 52 chromosomes it's clear who the most dynamic player in the NFL is 

And his name is Josh Allen

If you have 52 chromosomes, you'd better see a doctor. 

• Haha (+1) 9

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.