I love some of you… but I hate this site right now

NewEra

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Lol, won't be long there will be a new thread with title reading, " It's Saturday and 1 day from a whole week and I'm still hurting"

Followed by 6 more titled:

"Guys, I figured it out! The coaches blew our one shot for a Superbowl!"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

I mean it hurts more because they're so good, when your team sucks losing doesn't hurt as much because they weren't going to do anything anyway. People are clearly overreacting, say what you will about the decision-making during regulation that should have kept us out of OT but in the end our team was good enough that if a coin flips the other way, we're probably SB favorites.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

NewEra you make it seem like it is easy to get back to the SB. We are lamenting the lost opportunity because it is really hard. Yes Allen is a top 3 QB. But so was Marino. So was Elway. So was Brees. All kinds of things can happen in a season. We are hurting because they had a great shot to win it all. People have been posting about 10-15 year windows to win the SB. That is incredibly unlikely.  It more likely the Bills go the way of Seattle when the real effects of Allen's extension kick in. 

The coaching staff and Beane blew a great opportunity when Allen was still relatively affordable. That all comes to a halt in a couple years.  

They should have been win at all costs this year just like LA.  Hopefully Beane will adjust.

The pain will lessen, but not for many weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 8

The fact that we lost due to multiple choices by someone who is going to remain in charge makes it much harder to stomach. We could draft a speed WR or replace Edmunds or draft another pass rusher to give us hope if it were one of those issues. But Josh played a nearly perfect game and the leader going forward erased it with his incompetence. 

There’s no guarantee we will ever get back to the AFCCG. Ask a fan of a team that has won a Super Bowl(s) if a loss like this hurts any less. Ask a saints fan if the no PI call still bothers them.  We have even more right to be upset considering this would’ve been the first.

So lose me with the lecture less than a week since, in my opinion, the worst loss in Buffalo sports history(due to the fact it was multiple choices instead of a missed kick or “execution”) and get used to it because this isn’t going anyway anytime soon. That’s what happens when a coach screws up this bad on such a big stage. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

NewEra you make it seem like it is easy to get back to the SB. We are lamenting the lost opportunity because it is really hard. Yes Allen is a top 3 QB. But so was Marino. So was Elway. So was Brees. All kinds of things can happen in a season. We are hurting because they had a great shot to win it all. People have been posting about 10-15 year windows to win the SB. That is incredibly unlikely.  It more likely the Bills go the way of Seattle when the real effects of Allen's extension kick in. 

The coaching staff and Beane blew a great opportunity when Allen was still relatively affordable. That all comes to a halt in a couple years.  

They should have been win at all costs this year just like LA.  Hopefully Beane will adjust.

I make it seem like it’s easy to get back to the super bowl.  If that’s what you got out of this post, than you’re one of the reasons this site sucks right now.  Yup, that’s it.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:Act like you’ve been there before…..because most of you have.  I know it was a tough loss, but get it together tbd.

We havent been here before, there was no salary cap & the free agency was much different in the late 80s/early 90s. The way Allen plays we, our window is a big hit way from our window closing. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

The fact that we lost due to multiple choices by someone who is going to remain in charge makes it much harder to stomach. We could draft a speed WR or replace Edmunds or draft another pass rusher to give us hope if it were one of those issues. But Josh played a nearly perfect game and the leader going forward erased it with his incompetence. 

There’s no guarantee we will ever get back to the AFCCG. Ask a fan of a team that has won a Super Bowl(s) if a loss like this hurts any less. Ask a saints fan if the no PI call still bothers them.  We have even more right to be upset considering this would’ve been the first.

So lose me with the lecture less than a week since, in my opinion, the worst loss in Buffalo sports history(due to the fact it was multiple choices instead of a missed kick or “execution”) and get used to it because this isn’t going anyway anytime soon. That’s what happens when a coach screws up this bad on such a big stage. 

Sorry if I touched a nerve. If you read this and see this as a lecture, good.  It’s meant for you. I ain’t lying. 

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

We havent been here before, there was no salary cap & the free agency was much different in the late 80s/early 90s. The way Allen plays we, our window is a big hit way from our window closing. 

You haven’t been here before. I promise you, I have. 

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I come here for many reasons.  I enjoy discussing our favorite team and the league that it plays in.  I enjoy reading different perspectives than my own (even though they’re all wrong if not aligned with mine, obv). I enjoy learning about prospects, schemes and football 101.  I enjoy discussing the draft.  I enjoy reading the same nonsense from the same idiots on a daily basis.   It makes me feel better about myself knowing that I’m not that stupid (regardless of what you might think 🤔).

This loss to the chiefs was unusually painful.  Worse than any loss I can remember, as a fan or as a participant. Pain.   I haven’t watched or listened to one second of sports talk/social media since.  Every time a buddy texts me about something sports related, my reply is the same: too soon.  

That said, I can’t seem to stay away from tbd.  I’ve been coming here for just short of 20 years now and I enjoy it more often ever (thanks to 17, most of you guys pretty much suck).  Until this week.  This week has been pathetic.  Maybe I’ve been pathetic too, being unable to swallow anything sports related, but some of the takes this week….. good ****ing lord.  We have a great team that should have won the SB of not for 

a bad coaching decision/s. Yet all I see is doom and gloom/nonsense spewing 🤮.  Yes it sucks that we lost, but don’t over think it. We’re a championship caliber team. We didn’t lose because Motor isn’t good enough.  We didn’t lose because Beane didn’t draft Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith (like I wanted them to).  We didn’t lose because our players aren’t fast enough. We didn’t lose because Tremaine edmunds sucks.  We didn’t lose because we don’t have a premier pass rusher. We didn’t lose because Cole Beasley didn’t get vaccinated.  Stop.  We lost because of a bad coaching decision/failed communications within our STs.  Not sure which, but that’s why we lost.  We had the game 95% won and then 13 seconds happened.  We’ll never know why we lost or what we could’ve done to ensure a win.  I know it’s a message board and this is what we do…..but it’s not enjoyable right now, for me anyways.  Act like you’ve been there before…..because most of you have.  I know it was a tough loss, but get it together tbd.

certainly I agree with some of this but getting to a Super Bowl and then winning it is not easy. Yes Allen is great and yes we are championship caliber but that doesn’t mean crap. If this season taught us anything, it is that momentum and staying relatively healthy means a lot. We were incredibly lucky with the exception of great Tre White to stay injury free.  Whose to say that happens next year. Also we were really peaking the last half of the season, again that can change too. We were a team that was capable of losing to J-ville when not clicking. I guess what people are so frustrated about is knowing that in terms of opponents and paths to the Lombardi, it may never be as straight as it was going into last Sunday. There are no guarantees.  Damn, just one before I die. Go Bills. 

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

But, because of all the ways you say the game is different, our window can stay open a bit longer.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sorry if I touched a nerve. If you read this and see this as a lecture, good.  It’s meant for you. I ain’t lying. 

whatever it’s called it’s worthless. This place is for talking football and you’re getting upset that people are discussing the minutiae of one of the biggest games ever. 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Also, I notice you didn’t refute any of my points.

• Eyeroll 2

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

This!

I simply can't watch the NFL network this week, or ESPN.

The Bills were mostly injury free and Josh Allen was playing on "unicorn" level above everyone else.

This coaching staff screwed it up this season in many ways. From the offense scoring 6 points against a 30th ranked defense of the 2-6 Jacksonville Jaguars. (This game still haunts me almost as much as the 13 seconds.) To allowing the Patriots to win IN Buffalo 10-14 on MNF. 

That supposed vaunted Buffalo #1 defense that held the Colts to a mere 41 points and allowed a RB to go 32 for 185, 4 TDs. Oh, but if we stack the box we should be able to keep the same players on the field...

Nobody on that Buffalo coaching staff thought that KC would be able to move close enough to get a FG in 13 seconds...they learned. You would think that they would know from playing Tom Brady so many times. Not covering Kelce, Hill but covering the sidelines...

Josh Allen and Buffalo Bills fans deserved better...as KC fans rejoice in the 13 seconds.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

No salary cap?

The salary cap tore the early 90's team apart.    The Will Wolford escalator clause BS.   Ballard and Odomes.    If they had been playing by pre-free agency rules with no salary cap the Bills might have gone to 6-7 straight SB's. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, mjfbillsfan said:

certainly I agree with some of this but getting to a Super Bowl and then winning it is not easy. Yes Allen is great and yes we are championship caliber but that doesn’t mean crap. If this season taught us anything, it is that momentum and staying relatively healthy means a lot. We were incredibly lucky with the exception of great Tre White to stay injury free.  Whose to say that happens next year. Also we were really peaking the last half of the season, again that can change too. We were a team that was capable of losing to J-ville when not clicking. I guess what people are so frustrated about is knowing that in terms of opponents and paths to the Lombardi, it may never be as straight as it was going into last Sunday. There are no guarantees.  Damn, just one before I die. Go Bills. 

Who’s to say we won’t win 4 Super Bowls in a row?  Who’s to say josh allen won’t go down as the greatest qb ever?  He might.  He’s that good.  Be happy about him…… or be a sad, negative Debbie downer that just wants to look at the sad side of things. I promise you, that will accomplish nothing. Ever.  Zilch. Ask @ScottLaw.  No one will ever give you anything of substance for ****ing on your team.  You won’t feel better about yourself. You won’t feel better about the bills.  You won’t feel better about your family. You’ll just be someone that most people prefer not to associate…..minus the other crappers.  Does wonders for your mental state. 🙄 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Who’s to say we won’t win 4 Super Bowls in a row?  Who’s to say josh allen won’t go down as the greatest qb ever?  He might.  He’s that good.  Be happy about him…… or be a sad, negative Debbie downer that just wants to look at the sad side of things. I promise you, that will accomplish nothing. Ever.  Zilch. Ask @ScottLaw.  No one will ever give you anything of substance for ****ing on your team.  You won’t feel better about yourself. You won’t feel better about the bills.  You won’t feel better about your family. You’ll just be someone that most people prefer not to associate…..minus the other crappers.  Does wonders for your mental state. 🙄 

Dude, no one is crapping on anything but lets be real.  We blew an amazing opportunity due mainly to coaching. An opportunity that as we have learned since the Bills first came into league in 1960 (granted AFL and we have those “championships”) do not come around frequently.  I hope this team comes out so fired up at beginning of year and runs the table and with JA17 anything is possible.  But NFL seasons are brutal like a WNY winter and unpredictable.  

16 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

This!

I simply can't watch the NFL network this week, or ESPN.

The Bills were mostly injury free and Josh Allen was playing on "unicorn" level above everyone else.

This coaching staff screwed it up this season in many ways. From the offense scoring 6 points against a 30th ranked defense of the 2-6 Jacksonville Jaguars. (This game still haunts me almost as much as the 13 seconds.) To allowing the Patriots to win IN Buffalo 10-14 on MNF. 

That supposed vaunted Buffalo #1 defense that held the Colts to a mere 41 points and allowed a RB to go 32 for 185, 4 TDs. Oh, but if we stack the box we should be able to keep the same players on the field...

Nobody on that Buffalo coaching staff thought that KC would be able to move close enough to get a FG in 13 seconds...they learned. You would think that they would know from playing Tom Brady so many times. Not covering Kelce, Hill but covering the sidelines...

Josh Allen and Buffalo Bills fans deserved better...as KC fans rejoice in the 13 seconds.

Zomg….the coaching staff ruined my life!!!!  ZOMG!!!!!!!!!  Lol.  Not surprised the least bit. 

We weren’t the supposed #1 d.  We WERE the number one d.  Playing in a league that now caters to the O and **** on the D.  KC is a great team, led by a great qb and a great play caller and 2 future hall of fame playmakers…..while we were without our best defender.  That’s what sometimes happens.  😢 

3 minutes ago, mjfbillsfan said:

Dude, no one is crapping on anything but lets be real.  We blew an amazing opportunity due mainly to coaching. An opportunity that as we have learned since the Bills first came into league in 1960 (granted AFL and we have those “championships”) do not come around frequently.  I hope this team comes out so fired up at beginning of year and runs the table and with JA17 anything is possible.  But NFL seasons are brutal like a WNY winter and unpredictable.  

No one is crapping on anything????  Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by VH1

Edited by NewEra

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Zomg….the coaching staff ruined my life!!!!  ZOMG!!!!!!!!!  Lol.  Not surprised the least bit. 

We weren’t the supposed #1 d.  We WERE the number one d.  Playing in a league that now caters to the O and **** on the D.  KC is a great team, led by a great qb and a great play caller and 2 future hall of fame playmakers…..while we were without our best defender.  That’s what sometimes happens.  😢 

No one is crapping on anything????  Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by VH1

huh?  WTF are you talking about?  People are upset and rightfully so. it seems like we had our best shot in decades to win it all and unpredictable nature of NFL, cap numbers, cool aching changes makes it that much more challenging to get back to a position we were in but if anyone can will it, it is JA17. I also think another year for Diggs and Josh to gel and Gabe as #2 should be awesome. I really hope Rossaue (sp?) and Basham come on strong too. Go Bills. 

Sorry New Era, can't agree. What makes this site so amazing is all the differing opinions. The doom & gloomers are welcome and appreciated. The enthusiastic optimists are also equally welcomed for their positive attitude.  The goof balls might irritate us but they can also make us laugh. How boring would life be if we all reacted to last Sunday in the exact way. We all vent in different ways. I personally know in my heart Josh and his teammates will someday bring a Lombardi to Buffalo.  Windows are funny things. They can open then close then open again. Everyone just be yourselves......

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 2

I think folks like NewEra (one of my favorite posters here btw so don't take this the wrong way) are in a little bit of denial how catastrophic a loss this was.  Be a voice of reason that's fine we all are handling this differently and to balance things out we need some calm.  Optimism.  Whatever.  

But the reactions that might be overreactions in the first day, 2 days, or week (s) after a loss like that should be viewed thru that lens.  It just happened what do we expect?  All good let's get to the draft all is well!  No.  The biggest overreactions are going to be right now.  Let them vent.  I'm sure most in a month or 3 months will be ready to move on, but most like me, that lived thru the SB years, experienced them with my father, and now get to share this team with my sons who love them (my biggest success as an expat Dad lol getting my kids to be fans during the EJ Manuel era), have for weeks sensed this could be the year and we were going to experience it together theyre at that sweet spot age of entering fan hood and fans for life..  And just like that....the opportunity was gone.  

To watch what happened and what happened in my living room with the family and extended family - from the euphoria and the joy on everyone's faces and feeling that for millions of fans rooting for us (and they almost all are) to have that end the way it did and then see everyone's sadness and shock......looking at me to try and explain it all I just could feel my soul leave my body.  I'm devastated.  I'm better then I was Monday but this is the worst loss in my lifetime.  I got choked up listening to the caller on WGR I think it was Tuesday morning break down he had to hang up bc he couldn't hold back the tears when he was expressing the exact feelings I had.   

Look I agree there will be overreactions when it comes to coaches and GMs right now (doesn't mean they're wrong btw we just know that right now firing people just can't be done) - let them all vent.  In light of what happened there are no bad takes I'm finding a lot them therapeutic to know there are many out there that feel how I do right now.  Sound off.  We are human.  And honestly I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary for a normal loss let alone this one.   I guess I'm used to it there was a period of time some fans thought Reich should be starting over Kelly.  

Remember these folks emotions you may find over the top right now belong to the same people that make the unique atmosphere on game days in Buffalo the way it is.  I don't want us to ever change. 

We're the best fans in the world and when we do win it be humble - because the whole country will be rooting for us.  Be gracious and just be Buffalo.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

SB 27.  We lost 52-17.  Didn't bother getting off the bus in our third straight SB appearance.  But yeah, losing to the chiefs is worse and we're doomed because...

This game reminds me of the Bills/Browns divisional playoff game in ‘89.  Back and forth, Bills lose at the end.   But they were talented and next year Super Bowl XXV.   Bills can add some elements but they are in great shape to make another run.

• Like (+1) 1

Things seemed line up for us. First the Chargers and the Colts - two bad mismatches for us IMO - get kicked out in week seventeen. Then the Titans get turned over by the Bengals, alongside the two most experienced and respected QBs getting ditched in the Divisional Round. This was followed by us taking the lead against the Chiefs with just 13 seconds on the clock.

We were within touching distance of the Championship game and a real possibility of making the SB. We screwed it up badly and if you think this is bad it’ll continue to haunt people at least until we win it. Will that happen under this era? Who knows - it’s clear we are excellent at claiming defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Okay everyone, get in key and sing this with me: a one, a two, and . . .

Ob-la-di, ob-la-da
Life goes on, bra
La-la, how the life goes on
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da
Life goes on, bra
La-la, how the life goes on

That was good, let's take it from the top again: 1 , 2 , and . . .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

35 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Things seemed line up for us. First the Chargers and the Colts - two bad mismatches for us IMO - get kicked out in week seventeen. Then the Titans get turned over by the Bengals, alongside the two most experienced and respected QBs getting ditched in the Divisional Round. This was followed by us taking the lead against the Chiefs with just 13 seconds on the clock.

We were within touching distance of the Championship game and a real possibility of making the SB. We screwed it up badly and if you think this is bad it’ll continue to haunt people at least until we win it. Will that happen under this era? Who knows - it’s clear we are excellent at claiming defeat from the jaws of victory.

I really think the next game against the Bengals at home would have been a victory.

That leaves a single game, winner take all, to be SB champion.

That's what our coaching staff pissed away in KC! 

If they get us a SB in the next few years, it will be forgotten long term.

If not...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

I come here for many reasons.  I enjoy discussing our favorite team and the league that it plays in.  I enjoy reading different perspectives than my own (even though they’re all wrong if not aligned with mine, obv). I enjoy learning about prospects, schemes and football 101.  I enjoy discussing the draft.  I enjoy reading the same nonsense from the same idiots on a daily basis.   It makes me feel better about myself knowing that I’m not that stupid (regardless of what you might think 🤔).

This loss to the chiefs was unusually painful.  Worse than any loss I can remember, as a fan or as a participant. Pain.   I haven’t watched or listened to one second of sports talk/social media since.  Every time a buddy texts me about something sports related, my reply is the same: too soon.  

That said, I can’t seem to stay away from tbd.  I’ve been coming here for just short of 20 years now and I enjoy it more often ever (thanks to 17, most of you guys pretty much suck).  Until this week.  This week has been pathetic.  Maybe I’ve been pathetic too, being unable to swallow anything sports related, but some of the takes this week….. good ****ing lord.  We have a great team that should have won the SB of not for 

a bad coaching decision/s. Yet all I see is doom and gloom/nonsense spewing 🤮.  Yes it sucks that we lost, but don’t over think it. We’re a championship caliber team. We didn’t lose because Motor isn’t good enough.  We didn’t lose because Beane didn’t draft Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith (like I wanted them to).  We didn’t lose because our players aren’t fast enough. We didn’t lose because Tremaine edmunds sucks.  We didn’t lose because we don’t have a premier pass rusher. We didn’t lose because Cole Beasley didn’t get vaccinated.  Stop.  We lost because of a bad coaching decision/failed communications within our STs.  Not sure which, but that’s why we lost.  We had the game 95% won and then 13 seconds happened.  We’ll never know why we lost or what we could’ve done to ensure a win.  I know it’s a message board and this is what we do…..but it’s not enjoyable right now, for me anyways.  Act like you’ve been there before…..because most of you have.  I know it was a tough loss, but get it together tbd.

This was so well said! I honestly feel the same way at times… most of the time, I have to step back and stay away… because people are flat out crazy on here. I’ve read someone’s comment saying “McDermott has to go” ?!?!?! Are you kidding me? 

I’m one that literally understands football as well and it’s probably a hand full of us on here. I don’t care about Bass kicking it for a touchback, I don’t want to change the overtime rule, this game shouldn’t have went into overtime! If you understand football, you would know this. 
The offense & Defense just couldn’t get on the same page throughout the game. Before the game I said “If our D can just get 2-3 stops…we should win this game” well we got 4 … 2 punts & 2 FG’s before the game tying one. 3 of those times we were faced with 3rd & 2 …& Dabol decides to run Running plays to pick up the 1st and failed!!! 1 to Motor, 1 with Josh roll out & 1 was a McKenzie jet sweep 🙄🙄

those were the times I said we’re going to need a miracle because our OC is being complacent again! Going down 9 pts was the best thing because it forced Dabol to be aggressive… (Kinda of glad he’s gone…but was it him or was he just following orders? Time will tell but I think it was him). 

Then after our offensive screw ups because your not going to stop the Chiefs all game. We get into that epic shootout! 
13 seconds McDermott & Frazier decided to come out in a PREVENT DEFENSE!!! Giving the Chiefs of all people 25-30 yards to play with…our coaching staff put our D in a bad spot. Can’t make a play when your 25 yards away. 
it doesn’t matter who we draft or acquire in the off-season…this type of bad thinking in the crucial moments in the game was concerning. No you don’t fire McDermott…not even Frazier because I think they’ll learn from this. 

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I really think the next game against the Bengals at home would have been a victory.

That leaves a single game, winner take all, to be SB champion.

That's what our coaching staff pissed away in KC! 

If they get us a SB in the next few years, it will be forgotten long term.

If not...

Yea…I’m kinda here as well.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I just wanna say that I love all of you even if I don’t agree with some of you a lot of the time you were my family from other mothers

John, well said.    We have our own opinions, but the true Bills fans (as not everyone is really a Bills fan, but a troll) are good guys (unisex so applies to our female Bills fanatics too).

I’m hurting just like the rest of you over that ending, and the overtime talk on the national radio stuff is at least noticed.  If you guys listen to NFLR, they have admitted this was one of not the best playoff game ever.  They also, and these guys aren’t necessarily Bills fans are saying, to not let the best player on the field, yeah Allen have a crack at the ball in overtime is a sin.  Mortal, not veniel (Catholic reference).

Yes, we win that game and we’re in the SB.  We would’ve beat the Bengals.  Now the Rams and 49ers are a tough matchup for us because both have a good running game, but I believe we could’ve hoisted our first Lombardy.  I’m not old enough for the AFL Championships, but my dad told me how special it was those years at the pile.

My solace is I know in my heart we have a championship team, an excellent coach and GM.  The best QB this team has ever seen as he’s better than Kelly (look at my name on this board as to how much I love Jimbo), and a WR (Diggs) that may rival one of my absolute favorite WR’s in “Over the Middle”.

We are in it for the next decade and maybe longer.  JA will only be 35-36 in ten years.  That’s young for these rules.  He’s sliding more now, not stupid like Cam, and barring some catastrophic injury should be our guy until I’m a Chand., (get off my lawn) retired.  You know I luv ya Chandman.

We’re a winner!  The pain will subside.  Five years from now we’ll have 1 or more SB championships, and have made the playoffs, 9 of 10 years.  Everyone will say we are a perennial playoff team.

Even Brady got a lot of breaks to get to all those Super Bowls. This one will hurt. Remember the Saints 3 years ago, so much for them returning to the big game.

Scorp83 was bang on.  It's one thing for mistakes throughout the game however when you screw up 13 seconds like no team has ever done before that's another.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

John, well said.    We have our own opinions, but the true Bills fans (as not everyone is really a Bills fan, but a troll) are good guys (unisex so applies to our female Bills fanatics too).

I’m hurting just like the rest of you over that ending, and the overtime talk on the national radio stuff is at least noticed.  If you guys listen to NFLR, they have admitted this was one of not the best playoff game ever.  They also, and these guys aren’t necessarily Bills fans are saying, to not let the best player on the field, yeah Allen have a crack at the ball in overtime is a sin.  Mortal, not veniel (Catholic reference).

Yes, we win that game and we’re in the SB.  We would’ve beat the Bengals.  Now the Rams and 49ers are a tough matchup for us because both have a good running game, but I believe we could’ve hoisted our first Lombardy.  I’m not old enough for the AFL Championships, but my dad told me how special it was those years at the pile.

My solace is I know in my heart we have a championship team, an excellent coach and GM.  The best QB this team has ever seen as he’s better than Kelly (look at my name on this board as to how much I love Jimbo), and a WR (Diggs) that may rival one of my absolute favorite WR’s in “Over the Middle”.

We are in it for the next decade and maybe longer.  JA will only be 35-36 in ten years.  That’s young for these rules.  He’s sliding more now, not stupid like Cam, and barring some catastrophic injury should be our guy until I’m a Chand., (get off my lawn) retired.  You know I luv ya Chandman.

We’re a winner!  The pain will subside.  Five years from now we’ll have 1 or more SB championships, and have made the playoffs, 9 of 10 years.  Everyone will say we are a perennial playoff team.

Super Bowl windows are a lot more complicated than simply having Josh Allen on the team.

And the window stays open for a lot shorter time than Josh's playing career.

Marino went to the SB in his second season and figured he'd be there frequently!  Never got there again in a 16 season career.

You just can't piss away solid gold opportunities the way we did in KC!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Great post brother,  i agree 110% and the pain is deep.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

We lost because of a bad coaching decision/failed communications within our STs.  Not sure which, but that’s why we lost.  We had the game 95% won and then 13 seconds happened.  We’ll never know why we lost or what we could’ve done to ensure a win.

Which is it?   We lost because of a bad coaching decision or we'll never know why?  It was more than the kickoff, the prevent D said here KC take easy chunks of yards with 2 timeouts.   Isn't Sean a defensive coach?    We lost because of incompetent coaching, it isnt some mystery.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

This was so well said! I honestly feel the same way at times… most of the time, I have to step back and stay away… because people are flat out crazy on here. I’ve read someone’s comment saying “McDermott has to go” ?!?!?! Are you kidding me? 

I’m one that literally understands football as well and it’s probably a hand full of us on here. I don’t care about Bass kicking it for a touchback, I don’t want to change the overtime rule, this game shouldn’t have went into overtime! If you understand football, you would know this. 
The offense & Defense just couldn’t get on the same page throughout the game. Before the game I said “If our D can just get 2-3 stops…we should win this game” well we got 4 … 2 punts & 2 FG’s before the game tying one. 3 of those times we were faced with 3rd & 2 …& Dabol decides to run Running plays to pick up the 1st and failed!!! 1 to Motor, 1 with Josh roll out & 1 was a McKenzie jet sweep 🙄🙄

those were the times I said we’re going to need a miracle because our OC is being complacent again! Going down 9 pts was the best thing because it forced Dabol to be aggressive… (Kinda of glad he’s gone…but was it him or was he just following orders? Time will tell but I think it was him). 

Then after our offensive screw ups because your not going to stop the Chiefs all game. We get into that epic shootout! 
13 seconds McDermott & Frazier decided to come out in a PREVENT DEFENSE!!! Giving the Chiefs of all people 25-30 yards to play with…our coaching staff put our D in a bad spot. Can’t make a play when your 25 yards away. 
it doesn’t matter who we draft or acquire in the off-season…this type of bad thinking in the crucial moments in the game was concerning. No you don’t fire McDermott…not even Frazier because I think they’ll learn from this. 

Yea…I’m kinda here as well.

I agree with you on Daboll and wasting opportunities trying to run,  I also question if he was was influenced by Sean on choosing to run in this game? We have seen Daboll call games where they don't run at all and pass close to 50 times. Once the Chiefs lost their starting safety and best DB the game plan needed to flip and you attack the middle of the field like we saw after they fell behind by 9 points.

The ending was terrible but even Tony Romo and Jim Nance mentioned that they thought the Bills were playing too conservative. Again how much does the conservative play calling by both coordinators connect back to the HC because I have heard people on this site say Frazier is conservative only because Sean wants its that way.  

Edited by Niagara Dude
spelling
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.