Jerry Jones starting to melt down

CorkScrewHill

1) He is clearly ticked about the end of the season and the continued playoff win drought.

Takes a shot at Amari Cooper ..(likely to be a free agent soon)

2) Responding to complaints about JerryWorld "“I wish to hell all I had to worry about was a ball hitting the screen or a little sun getting in there,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan. “Conditions and elements have been a part of football since it was [played] the first time. No. That’s about 10,000 on my list of things to worry about. And, no, we’re not going to do anything with it. It goes both ways. Both teams had a chance to get in the sun, both teams had a chance to get out of the sun. Relative to the elements that I see other people play, it’s nothing relative to — somebody said something about a ball hitting the screen. Do you know how many punts we’ve had out there that never hit that screen? It’s ridiculous. Well, I do the very same thing. When I’ve had my ass kicked or people mad at me, then I’m going to pick something out that I’m going to pick on them."

Does not endorse McCarthy when asked whether mcCarthy will remain coach

He likes Prescott though and apparently the GM named Jerry Jones seems to be good in his eyes. Feels the team was built to be outstanding.

I think his point he was trying to make about his team / coaching staff can be applied to him "Well, I do the very same thing. When I’ve had my ass kicked or people mad at me, then I’m going to pick something out that I’m going to pick on them". He has always overpaid for shiny objects.  I suspect this will be popcorn worthy watching

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The first problem for the Cowboys is that they think they have the best QB, the best running back, and the best receivers.  They don't.  They have very good players but they pay them as if they were the best players at their positions.  

The second problem for the Cowboys is hiring a great coach.  But no great coach is willing to put up with Jerry Jones being Jerry Jones.  

I will always root against any team that has the nerve to call itself "America's Team."  

• Like (+1) 18
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I think it’s great to see how desperate rich people become when they can’t just buy something they desperately want - in Jerry’s case, another Super Bowl ring.

And in case you’ve never been to JerryWorld, it is not a fan friendly experience.  Everything starting with the parking is so outrageously overpriced and the place is so big you end up watching the game on the big screen unless you have tix on the lower deck.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.sportscasting.com/dak-prescott-tony-romo-share-playoff-record-have-dallas-cowboys-fans-tears/

interesting stat. dak and romo only took cowboys to playoffs 3 out of 6 times (1-3 record means lost twice two diff seasons and won one and lost the next playoff game the 3rd season.....never were they really good ( put up #s against most of NFL, cant win against good teams).

28 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Love hearing fans and an owner talking about the adversity of playing in the sun. 

In last week’s playoff game, his own player couldn’t see a pass being thriwn to him because the sun was in his eyes.  I’m sure Jerry influenced the stadium design also. Good job, Jerry!

• Haha (+1) 1

Dak can not be called a winner,  in 4 playoff games he's 1-3. He's got work to do to earn that title.

I'm surprised he's going after Cooper in that manner and complementary of Lamb... both Cooper and Lamb have the same 65% catch rate of their targets, and Cooper only received 104 targets,  if they actuality the him the ball the same 120 times they did Lamb he actuality would have hit 1000 yards.  To say he isn't catching the ball is wrong, and to say he's not bringing in enough I mean you aren't throwing him the rock too begin with. 104 targets is low for a WR of his caliber. 

Furthermore, Cooper outplayed Lamb in the playoffs!! Cooper brought in 6 of 10 targets for 64 and a TD... on the other hand Lamb brought in only 1 catch on 5 targets for 21 yards!! He didn't show up! In what world do you throw your producer under the bus for a guy that didn't produce? 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

The first problem for the Cowboys is that they think they have the best QB, the best running back, and the best receivers.  They don't.  They have very good players but they pay them as if they were the best players at their positions.  

The second problem for the Cowboys is hiring a great coach.  But no great coach is willing to put up with Jerry Jones being Jerry Jones.  

I will always root against any team that has the nerve to call itself "America's Team."  

yeah, Redskins, Cowboys, Phins will always suffer with the "overactive owner / fan" problem.   not going away either.   

19 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Dak can not be called a winner,  in 4 playoff games he's 1-3. He's got work to do to earn that title.

I'm surprised he's going after Cooper in that manner and complementary of Lamb... both Cooper and Lamb have the same 65% catch rate of their targets, and Cooper only received 104 targets,  if they actuality the him the ball the same 120 times they did Lamb he actuality would have hit 1000 yards.  To say he isn't catching the ball is wrong, and to say he's not bringing in enough I mean you aren't throwing him the rock too begin with. 104 targets is low for a WR of his caliber. 

Furthermore, Cooper outplayed Lamb in the playoffs!! Cooper brought in 6 of 10 targets for 64 and a TD... on the other hand Lamb brought in only 1 catch on 5 targets for 21 yards!! He didn't show up! In what world do you throw your producer under the bus for a guy that didn't produce? 

a quick take/answer might be simple, Jerra is  incredibly loyal to U Oklahoma, the whole old SW Conference ; Lamb went to Oklahoma.   Plus, my understanding is that Cooper (  who went to Alabama, arch rival of Jerra's alma mater Arkansas) acts like a pampered, super strange dude/diva type, which I assume would drive old school Jurra nuts.  Just my opinion.  

I find him getting pissy about people having complaints about the stadium to be hilarious.  He acts as if the size/height of the screen, and the east/west orientation of the field aren't things that are literally under his control when building the stadium.  Those were both absolutely vanity decisions.  The giant screen is an obvious one, and I bet he just likes sitting in his owner's box and watch the sunrise/sunset shine down on the field, like a sign from heaven that the Cowboys are God's team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

a quick take/answer might be simple, Jerra is  incredibly loyal to U Oklahoma, the whole old SW Conference ; Lamb went to Oklahoma.   Plus, my understanding is that Cooper (  who went to Alabama, arch rival of Jerra's alma mater Arkansas) acts like a pampered, super strange dude/diva type, which I assume would drive old school Jurra nuts.  Just my opinion.  

Oh don't get me wrong I understand there's criticism to be had of Cooper but what he's saying about him and the timing is absurd. He's favoring a guy that laid a dud over one of his only producers after a playoff loss. And what he said about not making catches doesn't make any sense either. 

Edited by ArtVandalay

2 hours ago, BillsMailman said:

He needs to be the owner and give up the GM to someone who actually knows what they’re doing. He clearly doesn’t know what he’s doing

Us smucks get to play Madden on a console/tv....he is a billionaire and gets to play it for real....he isn't giving up control until he is in a wheelchair drooling and getting his butt wiped by a nurse ;)

I have never been a fan of that team.....but their cheerleaders are awesome ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsMailman said:

He needs to be the owner and give up the GM to someone who actually knows what they’re doing. He clearly doesn’t know what he’s doing

Remember when we had football people running our team for the better part of 17 years and continuously missed the playoffs? Say what you want about Jerry but he’s had more success than a lot of folks who “came up through the ranks”. 

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

It’s clearly coaching. Fire McCarthy and hire an actual good coach and they could be great

They were the same before McCarthy and they will be the same after he is gone.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, aristocrat said:

Also a bad coach. They need a modern nfl coach. McCarthy pretended to know analytics to get the job 

The players they have invested big money in are flashy, individual stats guys who don't execute when it really matters. I don't see that changing no matter who the coach is. But yes, they probably need a better coach.

4 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

1) He is clearly ticked about the end of the season and the continued playoff win drought.

2) Responding to complaints about JerryWorld "“I wish to hell all I had to worry about was a ball hitting the screen or a little sun getting in there,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan. “Conditions and elements have been a part of football since it was [played] the first time. No. That’s about 10,000 on my list of things to worry about. And, no, we’re not going to do anything with it. It goes both ways. Both teams had a chance to get in the sun, both teams had a chance to get out of the sun. Relative to the elements that I see other people play, it’s nothing relative to — somebody said something about a ball hitting the screen. Do you know how many punts we’ve had out there that never hit that screen? It’s ridiculous. Well, I do the very same thing. When I’ve had my ass kicked or people mad at me, then I’m going to pick something out that I’m going to pick on them."

He likes Prescott though and apparently the GM named Jerry Jones seems to be good in his eyes. Feels the team was built to be outstanding.

I think his point he was trying to make about his team / coaching staff can be applied to him "Well, I do the very same thing. When I’ve had my ass kicked or people mad at me, then I’m going to pick something out that I’m going to pick on them". He has always overpaid for shiny objects.  I suspect this will be popcorn worthy watching

Amari is a UFA in 2025. Huh

Funny stuff... the owner, GM of the team is not happy with the way the team finished the season...

The man is his own worst enemy. First thing he needs to do is step down as GM and hire someone smarter then himself. Although, he would never admit there is anybody out there like that. So, basically he is so stupid he doesn't get that there are men who are actually brilliant at building an NFL team...like Buffalo Bills own Brandon Beane!

There are also great NFL head coaches... and he doesn't have one. The lack of discipline from the current team is astounding. That's coaching! That final play in running up the middle was downright foolish, that's coaching.

I'm enjoying this mess of a Dallas Cowboys franchise. The man had a brilliant HC in Jimmy Johnson and had a power struggle on who built that SB winning team. Jones was convinced he could do as well or better at building a team. 

Yes, the Cowboys have been to the playoffs since 1996... 10 times in fact! Yet haven't won a single playoff game since that team that Jimmy Johnson built fell apart.

As a Bills fan... gotta love it! 

Edited by Nihilarian
  • Agree 4

4 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

What about their nice hot names OC not USING Lamb at all during this game? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.