Shaq Lawson possibly returning to Buffalo

FireChans

8 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't know about a high amount, but he very well could get in the rotation considering he knows how things are done, other than maybe some of those small change ups.

High percentage is subjective.  So in this case, I put between 5%-60% of snaps.  I don't so I can't be wrong because I'm a cheater.

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Why??? What a waste of a signing

cuz its literally the lowest amount you can pay a player.  His deal is up and he had 1 sack this season so he's very unlikely to be coveted on the open market.  If he doesn't play its free money for him, if he does play and plays well he might get another good payday.  

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Why??? What a waste of a signing

I mean we will see but not sure it can possibly hurt. The bills rotate on the DL, he knows the system, provides depth for the playoff run, has played the Pats twice the year, and should be very motivated. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he asked for his release so he could get on to help a playoff team. It’s most likely PS with chance to be elevated for gameday. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Not sure why some fans are laughing at this. Super low risk and high reward. Played really good his last season here. Our defense may need to carry us if daboll goes wack in the playoffs 

Yeh it makes sense longer term too when you consider how many Dlinemen are unlikely to be back next year.

If true, love the signing. Was reportedly VERY popular in the locker room, brings a good energy and vibe. Talented at setting the edge and can even rush the passer from the inside as he did his last 2 years here.  Likely very low cost.

If we play the Titans (and even the Pats this week) I want him out there ahead of AJE for sure.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Normally you would be right...you still might be right but he is familiar with this defense.  Obada might not be ready to go.

I don't know, I get that he's familiar but still he's been gone a couple years might take him a week to get on track.

• Agree 1

I'm still not sure why this move even needed to be made given the pass rushes resurgence in recent weeks.

Yes Lawson had a career year here in 2019, but he has a grand total of 5 sacks (including just one this year) since leaving Buffalo and playing for multiple teams (which is still somewhat a red flag too).

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Normally you would be right...you still might be right but he is familiar with this defense.  Obada might not be ready to go.

I think Obada did not play last week too.  It was mainly. Addison, Rosseau, Hughes, Basham and Epenesa.   I think the Bills have been dressing 5 DEs for games. It was a 3-way tie between Epenesa, Obada and Boogie on who will get in.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

I'll admit that Addison has been much better than expected this year especially for a guy that most fans on this forum didn't even think would make the team this year and be cut/traded.

He very well may be back next year if the price is right.

Addison has been better than I expected - assuming it was due to lower reps

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.