Rashaad Penny would fit nicely with the Bills’ offense.

Tipster19

I posted about him some time back and it wasn’t received well. I’m wondering if opinions have changed based his last few games. I don’t think his ability was in question, maybe I’m wrong about that, but more about him staying healthy. While that is probably still the concern but having him, Singletary and Moss would be quite the trio imo. Playing in Seattle’s weather is a bonus and it would also save a draft pick as well. He’s a UFA after the season and I hope Buffalo makes a play for him.

• Disagree 6
  • Agree 3

Looks like the ability he was missing was availability. He has been a revelation in Seattle’s backfield since getting healthy in the second half of the season. They don’t have a ton of money under the cap as it is, but if that projected cap goes up a little bit, I think there will definitely push to re-sign him.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

6 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Looks like the ability he was missing was availability. He has been a revelation in Seattle’s backfield since getting healthy in the second half of the season. They don’t have a ton of money under the cap as it is, but if that projected cap goes up a little bit, I think there will definitely push to re-sign him.

He is the type of running back we should be looking at while we are using our premium pics to fix our offense of line

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7

He was my rb crush his draft year.  Shady was on his last legs. I thought he could’ve fell to rd 2, maybe 3.  Then seattle swooped in and drafted him much higher than I had him graded.  If he didn’t have this explosion at the end of the season, it would’ve been nice to make a run at him.  His price tag is probably higher than what Beane will want to part with

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Last thing I want is a guy who cant stay on the field.

Yeah.

And there's a pretty good chance someone will pay big money for him. We won't have much under the cap, and what we have will need to be used at probably IOL, DL and maybe TE and WR.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I posted about him some time back and it wasn’t received well. I’m wondering if opinions have changed based his last few games. I don’t think his ability was in question, maybe I’m wrong about that, but more about him staying healthy. While that is probably still the concern but having him, Singletary and Moss would be quite the trio imo. Playing in Seattle’s weather is a bonus and it would also save a draft pick as well. He’s a UFA after the season and I hope Buffalo makes a play for him.

Nope - want nothing to do with him myself.  He has talent, but can’t stay healthy and adds little to the backfield the majority of the time. 

I would rather see Cordarrelle Patterson by far than Penny.  Patterson is on a 3 million contract - can play RB and WR and can run some of those gadget plays and he has been remarkably healthy across his career playing all 16 games most years and 15 games a couple of times.

Let Penny get overpaid by some team for limited production and a guy that will miss between 5-8 games a season.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Nope - want nothing to do with him myself.  He has talent, but can’t stay healthy and adds little to the backfield the majority of the time. 

I would rather see Cordarrelle Patterson by far than Penny.  Patterson is on a 3 million contract - can play RB and WR and can run some of those gadget plays and he has been remarkably healthy across his career playing all 16 games most years and 15 games a couple of times.

Let Penny get overpaid by some team for limited production and a guy that will miss between 5-8 games a season.

YES...get Patterson on this team ASAP. Great fit in our offense (speed, versatility, durability, and YAC) and I think Diggs has already been trying to recruit him.

For a guy who has bounced around and played well on a few bad teams (most recently Chicago and Atlanta), you'd think he'd be getting to the point of his career where Patterson would want to play for a contender as well. A win-win for everyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Doesn’t Seattle play in a domed stadium?

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

YES...get Patterson on this team ASAP. Great fit in our offense (speed, versatility, durability, and YAC) and I think Diggs has already been trying to recruit him.

For a guy who has bounced around and played well on a few bad teams (most recently Chicago and Atlanta), you'd think he'd be getting to the point of his career where Patterson would want to play for a contender as well. A win-win for everyone. 

I like this idea for the Bills. Not only does Patterson give position flexibility (RB, WR) but he becomes the kick returner, though he doesn't return punts. Outside of the 1 year with Patriots, he's never played on a contending team so that may be attractive to him. 

If the Bills let Beasley and Sanders go, Diggs-Davis-McKenzie-Patterson-Stevenson-'22 draft pick (2nd or 3rd round) would potentially be a nice group, apologies to the Jake Kumerow fan club.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Bills could bring in Penny as a Beasley replacement and call the package Penny Slots.

The Bills could put Penny in to defend late game Hail Mary attempts and hope for a Penny Pinch.

The Bills could pair Penny with a bruising fullback and call that package In for a Penny in for a Pound.

Maybe bring in James Conner as well and we can call the backfield JC Penny.

Ultimately I'm just not sure bringing in Penny makes much Cents.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

We have a starting RB. Fix the line. 

Buffalo Bills Football GIF by West Herr

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Looks and sounds like opinions have not changed much on Penny.  Most still seem to think he is not worth it.

i dont get the Patterson love.   hes been kicked around the league so much that i find it hard to believe hes worth it.    also,  hes getting up there in age i believe.    mbe hes a good fit here,  dunno,  i dont see him as an every down RB tho.    fix the line.

0% interest from me. 

Singletary is fine as our RB1. Obviously we are a pass first team but he can produce when given the ball. Still 1 more year left on his rookie contract.

Moss has struggled this year but does have 2 years left on his rookie contract. 

If we're ready to give up on Moss as RB2 we should just spend another mid round pick on a new RB. There's no point in going after a guy like Penny unless he's willing to sign for league minimum. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

The Bills could bring in Penny as a Beasley replacement and call the package Penny Slots.

The Bills could put Penny in to defend late game Hail Mary attempts and hope for a Penny Pinch.

The Bills could pair Penny with a bruising fullback and call that package In for a Penny in for a Pound.

Maybe bring in James Conner as well and we can call the backfield JC Penny.

Ultimately I'm just not sure bringing in Penny makes much Cents.

Hollywood is on line 2.  They want to talk to you about developing a script for 'Airplane 3'.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

for all the "he can't stay healthy" posters: RB's get injured a lot.  Even D. Cook gets injured a lot.  It's part of the position.  We need a great addition to Singletary, who, guess what, will get injured likely with a hamstring, etc. if he is used correctly.  We need another back, and Penny would be a great addition (also, Mathison from Minn, whenever he is a FA, or C. Patterson, etc.).  

2 hours ago, gjv001 said:

Penny is a good back, but he fails in the category " the best ability is availability".  We are fortunate that this years crop of RB's in the draft is deep. 

fine drafting one also.  But we need another.  Singletary gets hurt and it's back to Daboll passing and running JA all game.  We have no capable backup RB.  

9 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Not sure you will get Patterson that cheap, or if he would want to give up what has essentially been a starting RB role to come here as a gadget guy, would love it if he would though.  He’s been intriguing his whole career, happy to see him finally putting it together. 

16 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Not sure you will get Patterson that cheap, or if he would want to give up what has essentially been a starting RB role to come here as a gadget guy, would love it if he would though.  He’s been intriguing his whole career, happy to see him finally putting it together. 

He has been around the league and played a ton of positions.  Right now he is on a 3 million dollar contract and we know that Diggs was feeding him info about Buffalo with the wing tray.

You may be right, but I think getting late in his career with a shot as a big supporting cast member on a potential Super Bowl level team - I think you can work some things out.

I think the Bills could offer him a ton of potential positions - including helping to stabilize the return game and still give him enough playing time to make it worth while and he offers something we know the Bills staff love - flexibility.

I think the options are there if he wants it.

I wouldn't be looking at name guys at RB. Beane either needs to draft one middle to late rounds or find some gem in FA that hasn't had an opportunity yet. Spend resources on the O-line. We are a pass first offense with a QB who takes longer than average to throw the ball. Put guys around him that will allow him to maximize that and minimize the need for him to run the ball as much.

17 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I agree and I think his talents would be on full display with Allen beside him . He can be an absolute steal for us. 

2 hours ago, billieve420 said:

I wouldn't be looking at name guys at RB. Beane either needs to draft one middle to late rounds or find some gem in FA that hasn't had an opportunity yet. Spend resources on the O-line. We are a pass first offense with a QB who takes longer than average to throw the ball. Put guys around him that will allow him to maximize that and minimize the need for him to run the ball as much.

I don’t think Penny would cost much to sign he’s unproven and injury prone. I believe he’ll sign a 1yr prove it deal and a team like The Bills would be the type of team he would love to play with

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.