Worst Home Weather Season?

corta765

This is not a post to complain about our weather as much as just the fact I can't remember a season with so many games regularly played in legitimately crappy conditions. Figure:

Steelers: Fine day 

Washington: Beautiful Day

Texas: Downpour

Dolphins: Overcast some rain

Colts: Cold downpour

Patriots: Gale force winds with snow 

Panthers: Snow

Falcons: Heavy Snow & Cold

Jets: Snow possible Sleet/Rain

Does anyone remember a season that had as many bad weather weeks?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

This is not a post to complain about our weather as much as just the fact I can't remember a season with so many games regularly played in legitimately crappy conditions. Figure:

Yes pretty much every year in Buffalo since they've had a pro football franchise.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Tom Jolls would have worked a 'salubrious' into that somewhere. 🤨

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The winds vs Washington were consistently 20 mph with gusts over 30

Remember the kickoff McKenzie misread because the wind absolutely knocked it down and WFT recovered it 

• Like (+1) 3

I was at the Bills Raiders playoff game  - coldest in franchise history.  I was also at the Bills Arizona Cardinals game that was hit with insane winds. Those were the two worst home weather games I can recall until this year's New England home game.  Bills Colts with Peterman at QB, KB at WR, and Shady scoring in OT has to be up there as well.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Literally every year

46 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Bro...if you thought the Falcons game was heavy snow, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Those were flurries.

If you want to see heavy snow, be in Buffalo Wednesday night into Thursday when we get 12-18 inches.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Literally every year

This is kind of a dumb response as I have went to games for a decade now and many good weather games happened in November/December. I could care less if it is cold as we are up north, but this year has been unseasonably heavy with strong weather be it wind, rain, or snow.

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Bro...if you thought the Falcons game was heavy snow, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Those were flurries.

If you want to see heavy snow, be in Buffalo Wednesday night into Thursday when we get 12-18 inches.

It was a consistent factor in the game, the had the guys cleaning the field etc.. I have lived here my entire life I get it is not a foot of snow, but it still was a legit condition that had an impact.

52 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

2019 was worse. You know, the year JA was awful throwing deep suddenly, and then 2020 mostly perfect weather and really solid deep game.

2019 the Ravens home game was a perfect day just cold and that was December. Broncos in November also was really nice. 2019 outside of the Eagles rain/wind game was actually a really nice year games wise.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

No.  The weather this season has sucked.  

42 minutes ago, TH3 said:

I had seasons 91-93 - went to every game and the PO games - 20 games - can't remember a single bad weather game among them. 

Cardinals game?  Epically bad.   Jets/Raiders in 92/93?  Effing COLD.   Bills falcons 92? Downpour. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

The winds vs Washington were consistently 20 mph with gusts over 30

Remember the kickoff McKenzie misread because the wind absolutely knocked it down and WFT recovered it 

The Steelers game was 30-40 mph winds as well. Neither the Washington game (as you pointed out) or the Steelers opener were "fine days".

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

No.  The weather this season has sucked.  

Cardinals game?  Epically bad.   Jets/Raiders in 92/93?  Effing COLD.   Bills falcons 92? Downpour. 

Cardinals game was when the punter was hitting 10 and 12 yard punts into the wind that either went directly out of bounds or got caught up in the wind and went backwards

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha we can go back and check the weather and I feel like this is gonna be very incorrect 😂 most years I’m thinking man does the nfl control the weather how does it never rain on sundays lol

In the last 20 years, I would say we’ve had probably….3-4 snow games?  Windy and/or rain make maybe 3-4 more?

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Cardinals game was when the punter was hitting 10 and 12 yard punts into the wind that either went directly out of bounds or got caught up in the wind and went backwards

Second worst weather I recall.  07 giants was the absolute pits. 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s been a worse than normal weather year for Bills home games and it definitely hurt the offensive numbers, but the team’s (and Josh’s) worst performance of the year was on a picture perfect day in Jacksonville. Go figure.

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Was that the Giants game we went up 14-0 real quick and Naaman Roosevelt had a long TD on a slant and then lost by like 30?

29 minutes ago, mannc said:

It’s been a worse than normal weather year for Bills home games and it definitely hurt the offensive numbers, but the team’s (and Josh’s) worst performance of the year was on a picture perfect day in Jacksonville. Go figure.

Lol yea it’s definitely way more offensive line dependent than weather dependent.  Falcons game is a bit of an outlier with good offensive line performance and a bad performance from the qb as 2 of those picks really were the right decision and looked reasonably well thrown we just got unlucky with a tipped pass and clueless refs 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 man's bad is another man's good. As a fan some if the most memorable games was barrel fires, beer in a snow bank, carrying cardboard for your feet, a few extra shots of JD, heated socks, new torque, hot sausage on bbq, chili, long underwear, extra sweaters. This was the thing that made Bills fans special, like Green Bay. 

Let it snow, let it blow

I've been to almost all the games this year.  One thing I can't get over is how underdressed some fans are.  I look like a mummy going into the stadium.  I see guys wearing sweatshirts and tennis shoes.   

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

My one and only game I attended was WFT.  *pats self on back*

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, driddles said:

I don't remember a worse all around year for weather in 18 years of having seasons.  

This is the kind of comment that is interesting to me, because people sitting at every game, in every season, are the ones who are going to remember the weather most. 

A bunch of season ticket holders at all the games have said this about this season--terrible weather.

We are just noticing bad conditions more because we have a modern, quality team, great QB, group of good receivers. Exaggerates our focus maybe. 

We have evolved beyond “ground and pound” (aka our passing game sucks)

Oct 9, 2001 

Cleveland a 6-3 over Buffalo.

T Edwards/ M Lynch

We had a good running back !!??  it was miserable weather, and worst game ever.

“In-Josh-We-Trust 2022”

Edited by Since1981

14 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

1 man's bad is another man's good. As a fan some if the most memorable games was barrel fires, beer in a snow bank, carrying cardboard for your feet, a few extra shots of JD, heated socks, new torque, hot sausage on bbq, chili, long underwear, extra sweaters. This was the thing that made Bills fans special, like Green Bay. 

Let it snow, let it blow

My point isn't as much the weather in terms of complaint as just in general its been unusually active compared to the years I have gone in the past. I love a nice 35 degree day with a touch of snow. Works for me and I am comfy.

15 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Coldest game I have been to was 2016 Steelers. It was like 3 degrees at 8 am with -2 wind chill and the beer was freezing playing pong in the cups. It was to the point the coolers with ice were warmer then the outdoors. Add it a nice blustery snow it was pretty narly.

Worst weather I have been at was either the Colts game this year were it just wouldn't stop raining throughout with the wind or the Pats in 2016 at home which was a washout also. I thankfully avoided the Pats night game this year (wife went lucky her haha) and she was also at the Giants game in 07.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.