Antonio Brown strips in EZ and retires mid game? Edit: and now feuding with Bucs

Process

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think we should all give Mr Big Chest the benefit of the doubt. 

i don’t really trust Arians tho - he’s already lied about AB and he does tend to go at players 

I could see him being like we have you a 2nd chance now you are not gonna go in

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

More:

he was in such pain that he did jumping jacks after running around the field.  he could have just sat on the bench.  

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

This puts an interesting spin on why Tampa Bay has failed to formally cut him from the team.

They claimed they were "considering their options" or some such. 

Some thought they wanted to keep him off the market so he couldn't be snatched up by a rival like Green Bay this playoff season.

Maybe they are afraid to cut him for fear of legal retribution, knowing they don't exactly have clean hands.

i think they are worried about another team more than anything else, but the legal angle is interesting, but I think he would still have a claim if they simply refuse to play him or release false info about him. 

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

More:

"The staff injected me with what I now know was a powerful and sometimes dangerous painkiller that the NFLPA has warned against using, and I gave it my all for the team.”

-Guy who wouldn't get the vaccine before getting vaccinated but not before trying to get a fake vaccine card.

"It is incredible that people are pushing mental health issues and not a well known ankle injury."

You took your shirt off in New Jersey in January and walked off the field through the end zone in the middle of an NFL football game.  Even if Arians pressured you to play, that isn't normal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

"The staff injected me with what I now know was a powerful and sometimes dangerous painkiller that the NFLPA has warned against using, and I gave it my all for the team.”

-Guy who wouldn't get the vaccine before getting vaccinated but not before trying to get a fake vaccine card.

"It is incredible that people are pushing mental health issues and not a well known ankle injury."

You took your shirt off in New Jersey in January and walked off the field through the end zone in the middle of an NFL football game.  Even if Arians pressured you to play, that isn't normal.

Is he claiming he took an injection without knowing what it was?

Or that he hadn’t had that same injection before? (Probably toradol, and probably yes)

8 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

i don’t really trust Arians tho - he’s already lied about AB and he does tend to go at players 

I could see him being like we have you a 2nd chance now you are not gonna go in

AB has lost all credibility though over the years so now even if this is true, most will be skeptical. He had no trouble running around and jumping in his theatrics to quit the team with this supposedly debilitating ankle injury. 

Per usual the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Arians has no one but himself to blame.

I can't speak for him or anyone else in this fiasco, but I'd guess that he would tell you it was worth it and he will never give AB another thought (and that last will be very close to the truth).

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Beerball said:

If Brown was, as he says in extreme pain then how was he able to dance his way across the EZ?

7 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

he was in such pain that he did jumping jacks after running around the field.  he could have just sat on the bench.  

Because not all ankle injuries are the same.  I don't remember the name but that sports medicine doctor on YouTube gave a thorough explanation of how it's entirely plausible for him to be fine to do jumping jacks and whatnot, but actual on field action would be too painful.  Stuff to do with which tendons are damaged, how different actions flex the foot in different directions, and where the bone spurs on his foot would be.

I'm going to take his word on how things affect athletes over random people on the internet going "pfft, I saw him jog through the endzone so I think he's faking it".

*edit*

Found the link.

https://youtu.be/TSYeQkRPkNQ

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Because not all ankle injuries are the same.  I don't remember the name but that sports medicine doctor on YouTube gave a thorough explanation of how it's entirely plausible for him to be fine to do jumping jacks and whatnot, but actual on field action would be too painful.  Stuff to do with which tendons are damaged, how different actions flex the foot in different directions, and where the bone spurs on his foot would be.

I'm going to take his word on how things affect athletes over random people on the internet going "pfft, I saw him jog through the endzone so I think he's faking it".

*edit*

Found the link.

nah, just nah

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beerball said:

nah, just nah

Nah to what?  Nah to hypocrites advocating for only players on other teams (or just players you don't like) to be forced to get hopped up on painkillers to play through the pain and worsen their injuries?  Or just nah to evidence you might be wrong about something?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Nah to what?  Nah to hypocrites advocating for only players on other teams (or just players you don't like) to be forced to get hopped up on painkillers to play through the pain and worsen their injuries?  Or just nah to evidence you might be wrong about something?

Gonna jump in here.  Nah to a player who has repeatedly lied and acted incredibly selfishly about a matter that would take a big leap of faith to take his side on anyway.  It didn’t help that he was tweeting about where he’d be playing next right away, which implies that he was ready to play.  A selfish tantrum certainly seems on brand for him.  Also what exactly explains his tantrum?  If his ankle was injured then why didn’t he seek medical attention? I didn’t see him go to the medical tent or talk to one of the medical professionals on the sideline?  So his version certainly seems like a lie to justify him taking himself out of the game.  I’d wager that his agent told him to say it to help cover himself for that.  And about him doing those jumping jacks, etc. on his way out, if he didn’t seek medical attention then he wouldn’t know the extent of his injury.  Why would he do that and risk further injury?  And why wasn’t he in pain?  Had he limped to the locker room it’d have a different look.  But what I saw was a guy who wasn’t worried about his ankle have a “look at me” moment while he told his team and teammates to F off during a game. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

*edit*

Found the link.

Informative video.  Thanks for sharing.

42 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

nah as in someone with a list of transgressions and lies as long as Brown's does not deserve the benefit of the doubt

I actually believe ab to an extent with this injury thjng. Having said that, he still could've waited until the end of the game and not made a huge spectical about it. It also woulda helped if when he left the field, he looked hobbled, which he didn't 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Process changed the title to Antonio Brown strips in EZ and retires mid game? Edit: and now feuding with Bucs

If I could write the script for the end of the Bucs season even I would think this is too much to hope for!

I hope the issue gets bigger and bigger, divides the locker room, makes Arians look bad, drags in Arians, Brady, and Brady's voodoo doctor into the mess and becomes THE story as they prepare for the playoffs. 

As long as the Bucs don't go to the Super Bowl this is delicious. The good part is that there is NO WAY AB comes back to the Bucs for this playoff run, which really hurts their chances. 

The Bucs are coming totally unraveled with injuries and drama at just the right time. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This stuff is going to lead to a massive lawsuit for AB and I bet Arians is shown the door.  If AB has a positive MRI has surgery and gets better this is not going well for Arians or TB.  The word is team doc gave AB a local anesthetic shot pre game when AB said he could not play on it.  He tried to play the first half and could not.  

Arians was informed and told AB on the sidelines you are done.  

This is as bad as it gets.  

1 minute ago, Bruce Smith said:

This stuff is going to lead to a massive lawsuit for AB and I bet Arians is shown the door.  If AB has a positive MRI has surgery and gets better this is not going well for Arians or TB.  The word is team doc gave AB a local anesthetic shot pre game when AB said he could not play on it.  He tried to play the first half and could not.  

Yes, and Arians and Tommy Brady brought it on themselves by bringing the guy in. Now it's coach V player. Maybe even Brady V another coach. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I actually believe ab to an extent with this injury thjng. Having said that, he still could've waited until the end of the game and not made a huge spectical about it. It also woulda helped if when he left the field, he looked hobbled, which he didn't 

It’s clear from that text exchange that Brown had some injury and that Arians knew about it.  That said, at this point in the season I think every player is playing through various injuries and it’s a judgement call whether they’re serious enough to impair performance.  The player has a right to seek a second medical opinion and to get additional tests at any time, and the time to do that is during the week, if the player is hearing from the team’s doctors/trainers “you’re good to go” and his experience as a baller says “no, something’s really going on here and I’m not”.

What we don’t know from that text exchange is how often there might have been a similar exchange where AB wound up playing through the game.  I wouldn’t put it past AB to feed and water his own personal Drama Llama about his injuries before every game or possibly to be willing to play through if he gets the right “Purple Heart Award” from his boss.

The thing that really rings false to me is in the statement the lawyer released referencing receiving an injection that “turned out to be a painkiller the NFLPA recommends against that can be dangerous”.  C’mon, man, Toradol has been injected all over the league for years, common enough to have the line of players queuing up to be injected before the game colloquially known as the “T-Train”.  Now Brown didn’t know what it was or the risks before he received it?   Also players have talked about the drawback of Toradol being they literally can’t feel pain.  

I don’t know, it just seems like if Brown were really in incredible pain, he could have told Arians “I’m in pain breaking through the injection, can you send the doc over here?” Or, since he was able to walk (clearly), walked up to the trainer himself and requested evaluation?

I personally think our own Emmanuel Sanders wants to rest himself for the playoffs, and the Bills are rolling with it.  But there’s always a judgement call in these things.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

If I could write the script for the end of the Bucs season even I would think this is too much to hope for!

I hope the issue gets bigger and bigger, divides the locker room, makes Arians look bad, drags in Arians, Brady, and Brady's voodoo doctor into the mess and becomes THE story as they prepare for the playoffs. 

As long as the Bucs don't go to the Super Bowl this is delicious. The good part is that there is NO WAY AB comes back to the Bucs for this playoff run, which really hurts their chances. 

The Bucs are coming totally unraveled with injuries and drama at just the right time. 

Family Guy Cockroach GIF

12 hours ago, Beerball said:

If Brown was, as he says in extreme pain then how was he able to dance his way across the EZ?

Because he was given a local anesthetic ;)

Not strong enough to play on but good enough to make a memorable exit ;) 

29 minutes ago, Bruce Smith said:

I dunno about massive lawsuit, but it surely explains why the Bucs have not yet cut AB - you can not cut an injured player.  

And what looked at first like an AB temper tantrum and clear “conduct detrimental” that would justify cutting AB and him forfeiting his remaining salary and pro-rated signing bonus, now looks like at best, an NFLPA grievance over treatment of an injury, where the coach knew that the player felt he was too injured to play, talked him into playing that morning, and didn’t want to listen when the player said “I tried, I can’t”.

Definitely a muddy picture where you can understand why the team is “yeah, we need to sort this out, Coach, we can’t just cut the guy.”

The NFLPA is now advising against it and I don’t know how this year has gone, but Toradol injections pregame have been a Thing in the NFL for years, as have been draining fluid out of joints and injecting corticosteroids into them

4 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

*edit*

Found the link.

good points, but still, you think AB knows this?  If AB thought his ankle was too bad to play on, no way he would do jumping jacks.  And, also, why do his whole performance.  Just sit on the bench or go into the locker room.  

37 minutes ago, Bruce Smith said:

massive lawsuit for what, exactly?  What are AB's damages here?  

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Now that Antonio Brown is Anti-Tom Brady, I have no choice but to join team AB. No questions at this time.

ahhh, AB trying to not pay people again.  classic AB.  

56 minutes ago, Bruce Smith said:

I'm struggling to decide which of those is LESS likely to happen.

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

If he’s hurt he can drop off his helmet and talk to trainers. Coaches would be notified to stop calling his number and he would be instructed to head in for treatment. 

just hanging out and refusing to go in and then doing that when told if he can’t go in that he has to be out… not how it works even if he’s hurt 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.