Antonio Brown strips in EZ and retires mid game? Edit: and now feuding with Bucs

Process

14 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

This guy has a long history of sociopathic behavior and narcissism!   He is a criminal. Always has behaved as one.  Cte is doubtful to cause all the long standing crimes he has been responsible for.  Usually you have some time of normal behavior history prior to CTE.  It’s the opposite for brown who never should have been allowed back on the field after the FELONY of forging and selling vax cards.  Arians and Brady wanting him back says something about their character as well.   This guy will end up in jail or unfortunately commit suicide or harm someone else.  Yet they enable him by allowing him to continue to return to play.  Let’s hope we never see him on the field again and he is forced to get help.  There is no help apparently for organizations, and people like the coach and qb who fought to get this sociopath on the team because he can catch a football.  

He's always been a diva.  CTE can cause erratic behavior.  Marry the 2 and this is what you get.

I'm not saying that CTE is soley responsible for his actions. 

1 minute ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Lol that's a bogus felony

The law is a bogus felony!   Maybe you are just kidding or being sarcastic.   Look , why don’t you lie on your tax return and send in a known group of forged documents to support your return !  See how the law treats you.  Those cards are federal documents now.  I can’t send in a fake medical license to continue to practice medicine.  Well , I can if I want to be fined heavily and lose my career.  People are losimg careers over that now.  I am NOT  justifying it , but it is what it is , the LAW!    I THINK  that’s really what you mean and I get it.  But I am just pointing out it’s the LAW NOW and that it won’t be treated as bogus if you or I break it !   That’s my point. People are losing jobs and being made examples of ( again , I think this is crazy ,,BUT the law is written).

More importantly, are you thinking somehow Antonio browns behavior is ok , normal?  He should  have never been allowed back just based on all the prior cases / offenses against him like sexually attacking women or exposing himself in front of them etc.     No one can defend that creep imo, and when teams / organizations keep enabling a sick person, it usually does not end well for them or their victims. Ignoring forging thise cards now is like ignoring the MINOR stealing from stores ; it has led to worse things and ignoring more of Browns illegal behavior will not make it better or go away.   

11 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

He's always been a diva.  CTE can cause erratic behavior.  Marry the 2 and this is what you get.

I'm not saying that CTE is soley responsible for his actions. 

Forgery , stealing , sexual assault is not being a DIVA.     Of course we won’t know if he has any CTE until his autopsy. But his behavior is similar to thousands of criminals who have never played football.  I’m just saying he has a long history , documented in his family history , of Aberrant behavior and certainly by signing him the Bucs are also signing off on him not having significant CTE now.   If there was any suspicion or evidence of it , he would never clear the physicals because if a team signed him knowing that , they would be legally responsible for all medical care costs the remainder of his life plus other damages for allowing him to continue to endanger himself.   Some people are sociopaths without ever setting foot on a football field.  

Sorry , I just feel strongly about all the people this guy has hurt and then a football organization enables it yet again.  That disgusts me.  Also, if you are concerned about him having CTE, shouldn’t you be even more upset that they are exposing him to exacerbating it?   My whole point was just he should not be playing football in the NFL , and he continues to do illegal things. Playing more for the Bucs won’t make him better in any fashion, neither will ignoring written laws. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, Internet folks' remote diagnoses of mental illness and/or CTE are really just hot takes. Actual mental health professionals are not supposed to offer diagnoses of people based upon news articles and media reports. Having said that, I am very open to the idea that he has mental health issues. But, isn't it possible to BOTH be a jerk/criminal and ALSO have mental health issues? I vote "all of the above" on AB.

I'd take AB over Gore or just about anybody in these weird boxing matches that are becoming popular. We know it's inevitable. He's about 5+ years younger than most of the the ex-athletes competing and Deron Williams handled Gore pretty easily.

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I don’t think that is correct.  I googled it and everything seems to start in 2017.  Feel free to post a link or something specific if I’m missing something. 

I can personally say in his early years in Pittsburgh he seemed like a great guy. My cousin is more than obsessed with the Steelers and AB always went out of his way to go above and beyond for the fans back then. He even recorded a the message for my cousins Voicemail, so when all the off the wall behavior started it definitely caught me off guard.  
Could be on to something with the Burfict hit having triggered some sort of negative CTE response… or maybe the guy just grew an ego and the fame/$$$ all went to his head.  I mean he’s pressed the self

destruct button how many times now? I think this time he finally did it, as far as his playing career goes.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I honestly don't think he has CTE. I just think he is a total ***** whackjob. He might go on a murderous rampage or become a serial rapist. Most of them guys don't have CTE. Most don't have the talent AB did, so they just started earlier. This guy is a total nut job and needs to be watched. Maybe Tommy will look over him. 

• Like (+1) 1

When you take a step back and view this whole thing through the lens of AB being a giant douche canoe rather than a poor brain damaged human being, it kind of starts to look like he planned this a bit, which I know sounds crazy, but we're talking about a crazy person here.

He immediately uploaded new music hours after the "meltdown"? Had some viral cab driver with a big social media presence just waiting for him who's also streaming vids for clout? I don't know, it all seems a little bit set up considering the tik-tok age that we're in. Almost as if AB has a multi-million dollar offer to box a Paul brother or something in his back pocket.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, UConn James said:

Yeah, at least Vontae left quietly and with some dignity.

Vontae's exit almost seems courteous and responsibly-handled by comparison to Brown's exit - never thought I'd see the day that something would top Vontae Davis' departure.

Edited by ChasBB
improve grammar
  • Like (+1) 2

Not sure if this was posted.  But, agree with this take:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-antonio-browns-disturbing-fall-from-grace-a-cause-for-concern-plus-more-from-week-17/

"My initial reaction was to mutter a "Slap Shot" joke under my breath, with Antonio Brown choosing to end his season – and career for that matter – by ripping his clothes off like in the final scene of that classic 1970s movie as the Charlestown Chiefs are in the midst of an all-out brawl during their mythical Federal Hockey League title game. But then I caught myself.

There is nothing particularly funny in watching this individual, who has destroyed his own potential Hall of Fame career so many times -- often due to the horrible way in which he is willing to treat certain individuals -- put forth one last awkward cry for help in the most public way possible. Watching him storm from the sidelines, upset about being benched at a time when his finances are in poor shape and he is chasing more incentives, and begin a macabre dance of disrobing and chucking things into the stands before sauntering, shirtless, off the field and seemingly out of the stadium, is as jarring as it is sad.

No athlete could dream of his playing career ending that way. It wasn't defiant or iconoclastic. It was sadly pathetic and continues a disturbing trend of behavior from someone who was once on a path to doing things only men like Jerry Rice had accomplished on a football field before. And one could argue that it was karma of sorts for the Bucs, who were willing to take on this object of score despite all of the allegations of sexual assault and abhorrent decisions, all in the name of chasing another Lombardi Trophy. You could say that they got what they had coming for welcoming him back after being caught using a fake vaccination card.

All of that is fair. I wouldn't disagree.

But it wouldn't make the specter of this fall from grace, this plummet from someone who once seemed headed for a very different sort of history, any less jolting. For this to be his final act ever in an NFL uniform, in all likelihood, is perversely somewhat fitting but it doesn't make it any less of a cause for serious concern about Brown's awareness and faculties and mental health. A diagnosis of some sort would not excuse any of his many mistakes, but it might further explain them.

Tom Brady seemed genuinely concerned and worried for his teammate after the game. No one seemed particularly angry, at least in part because of how at risk this individual might be. He is clearly now beyond more chances in the NFL, but one hopes he is able to get another chance or two to turn his life around and make amends with those he has wronged and to find something else to provide whatever value playing football about as well as any wide receiver ever has to get him to this point. Ideally, this is the last time we hear about Antonio Brown and erratic behavior. And hopefully some member of the Bucs organization is a part of whatever turnaround is possible for him."

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Vontae's exit almost seems courteous and responsibly-handled by comparison to Brown - never thought I'd see the day something would top Vontae Davis' departure.

Vontae wasn't trying to draw attention to himself with it, the most he did was use the notoriety from it to do an ad later.

• Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

For sure. His actions ever since the Burfict hit in playoffs

If you think that you don't know his history. He has been crazy ever since college. He was kicked off his first team.

Brown is just nuts. Getting hit in the head didn't help, I'm sure, but he is just a certifiably crappy person who has been selfish and self-destructive his entire life.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Vontae wasn't trying to draw attention to himself with it, the most he did was use the notoriety from it to do an ad later.

Very true.  Quote from ESPN article ...

"Most people, when I did what I did, they thought I was literally going insane or something," he says. "But I was actually fine. I was totally fine.

"And I'm totally fine today."

Source: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27636876/nfl-veteran-vontae-davis-quit-nfl-midgame-here-happened-next

Edited by ChasBB
edit link

50 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I honestly don't think he has CTE. I just think he is a total ***** whackjob. He might go on a murderous rampage or become a serial rapist. Most of them guys don't have CTE. Most don't have the talent AB did, so they just started earlier. This guy is a total nut job and needs to be watched. Maybe Tommy will look over him. 

Interesting that you say that about Brady today. In the post game presser Tommy looks very concerned and wants us all to be compassionate and be sure he gets all the help he needs in this difficult time!  What BS!   Where was the concern last year when he was wrecking his career with the Raiders?  All you were concerned with then Tommy was recruiting him for your SB run!  Where was your concern Tommy when he was caught forging and selling forged vaccine cards just this past month!?   That’s a felony Tommy , but you were so concerned that you had him back on the team throwing passes to him. 

It’s this type of fake personality , fake caring , fake concern for a human being who was already in trouble but that didn’t stop you from wanting him on your team to help achieve your goals Tommy, and you continued to enable him. Just like giving money to a crack addict , throwing this guy money to catch footballs is still enabling mental pathology, yet where was this sad face concern before he embarrassed the whole organization today?   I don’t want to see Brady with his fake concern and putting on his sad face for the press when he was a main reason Brown was still seeing a football field !   Add this crap to the list of reasons I dislike Brady as a personality.  Don’t know who is worse , Brady or Rodgers with his extreme arrogance !  It’s funny.  Was watching John Finas YouTube podcast aboit last weeks victory and at the end Rodgers name came up and he was being compared to someone else whose name I don’t remember when Fina said “ Rodgers was several times less likable “!   If you watch John Fina , that says a lot because he almost never is critical about anyone  as a person.   I was surprised that Fina said that , but not surprised it was Rodgers who finally got to Fina!  

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Interesting that you say that about Brady today. In the post game presser Tommy looks very concerned and wants us all to be compassionate and be sure he gets all the help he needs in this difficult time!  What BS!   Where was the concern last year when he was wrecking his career with the Raiders?  All you were concerned with then Tommy was recruiting him for your SB run!  Where was your concern Tommy when he was caught forging and selling forged vaccine cards just this past month!?   That’s a felony Tommy , but you were so concerned that you had him back on the team throwing passes to him. 

It’s this type of fake personality , fake caring , fake concern for a human being who was already in trouble but that didn’t stop you from wanting him on your team to help achieve your goals Tommy, and you continued to enable him. Just like giving money to a crack addict , throwing this guy money to catch footballs is still enabling mental pathology, yet where was this sad face concern before he embarrassed the whole organization today?   I don’t want to see Brady with his fake concern and putting on his sad face for the press when he was a main reason Brown was still seeing a football field !   Add this crap to the list of reasons I dislike Brady as a personality.  Don’t know who is worse , Brady or Rodgers with his extreme arrogance !  It’s funny.  Was watching John Finas YouTube podcast aboit last weeks victory and at the end Rodgers name came up and he was being compared to someone else whose name I don’t remember when Fina said “ Rodgers was several times less likable “!   If you watch John Fina , that says a lot because he almost never is critical about anyone  as a person.   I was surprised that Fina said that , but not surprised it was Rodgers who finally got to Fina!  

He recruited and begged BB and Kraft to bringing Antonio to NE. He went as far and letting him live in his home with his wife and kids. He then did it again in Tampa. Tom must know more than anyone else does. Something smells fishy.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

He recruited and begged BB and Kraft to bringing Antonio to NE. He went as far and letting him live in his home with his wife and kids. He then did it again in Tampa. Tom must know more than anyone else does. Something smells fishy.

I don’t know Tom , but I would say it speaks to his superficial evaluation of personal traits.  He had to know about the past reports but chose to ignore them and actually with his naïveté, put his own family at risk.  That’s a form of narcissism as Brady is basically acting like he can “ fix” Brown when professionals with years of training had already commented on the likelihood of Brown having personality disorder traits and actions compatible with possible sociopathy.  Great athletes like Brady don’t live in the type of real world that most of us do. They live very protected lives and are worshipped from college on as athletes , so of course their narcissism is fed and they believe they can do what countless others can’t.   Unfortunately, throwing a football does not transfer to diagnostic skills in psychiatry!  The only fishy thing is Tom being “ concerned” and caring so passionately  for him as “ we all love him deeply” !  

I don’t think Brady is covering anything up because I don’t believe he actually understands the depth of pathology Brown has exhibited and is capable of. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

I don’t know Tom , but I would say it speaks to his superficial evaluation of personal traits.  He had to know about the past reports but chose to ignore them and actually with his naïveté, put his own family at risk.  That’s a form of narcissism as Brady is basically acting like he can “ fix” Brown when professionals with years of training had already commented on the likelihood of Brown having personality disorder traits and actions compatible with possible sociopathy.  Great athletes like Brady don’t live in the type of real world that most of us do. They live very protected lives and are worshipped from college on as athletes , so of course their narcissism is fed and they believe they can do what countless others can’t.   Unfortunately, throwing a football does not transfer to diagnostic skills in psychiatry!  The only fishy thing is Tom being “ concerned” and caring so passionately  for him as “ we all love him deeply” !  

I don’t think Brady is covering anything up because I don’t believe he actually understands the depth of pathology Brown has exhibited and is capable of. 

As we all already know, Tom will do absolutely anything to win. His time is running out quickly.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I remember it was said Brady let Brown live at his home with he and his family for a month or 2. Think it was last season. That may have been an interesting time in that household..lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

How many teams and team mates has he bailed on with his selfish tantrums. He ain't the only game in town but he us the worst team mate

I recall that he got upset when his Steelers teammates voted Juju Smith-Shuster as team MVP and he disappeared.

Just now, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

I wish he wouldn’t leave and stay and start pulling Dennis Rodman stuff we’re he gets so frustrated he starts taking off his shoes in the middle of games and yelling at his assistant coach’s before games start good stuff.  I guess Brown wants to be known as the worm. 

Maybe he will start to aggravate Brady and call him 60 times within 2 hrs on a regular basis and Brady gets frustrated and distracted to the point he plays like ***** while getting knocked out in 1st round

Good riddance to bad rubbish this guy is a flake & it was just a matter of time after this i would hope no one allows him back on a NFL team at any time any where !! 

Does any one know the reason of this or did he just lose it just because of who he really is ? They came back to win correct so what was his deal ? 

It won't be long and this guy will do something that will get him arrested and thrown in jail again he's just not wrapped to tight !! 

Edited by T master

Excusing this as crazy or nuts IMO is giving the guy a pass. What he is, is an absolute narcissist. The world revolves around him and it's not that he doesn't realize the consequences of his actions, it's that he genuinely doesn't care about them. The NFL has enabled him at every turn. His actions in LV were 100% about him getting his guaranteed money voided. Here, he was due $300,000 in bonuses and didn't think he was getting enough chances to earn them so he threw a fit while his team was down 14 points with a quarter and change left. This is why he doesn't pay his employees and treats people around him like dirt, because it makes him upset when they ask him not to be a deadbeat and he thinks that inconvenience of him being made to feel bad is worth more than money owed to people. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Maybe he will start to aggravate Brady and call him 60 times within 2 hrs on a regular basis and Brady gets frustrated and distracted to the point he plays like ***** while getting knocked out in 1st round

No no you want him to act Dennis Rodman when Rodman played for the Spurs in 93-94 and that will cause Rodger to  Crying in interviews that he had to do something to Tampa bay.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.