Antonio Brown strips in EZ and retires mid game? Edit: and now feuding with Bucs

Process

3 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

I wish he wouldn’t leave and stay and start pulling Dennis Rodman stuff we’re he gets so frustrated he starts taking off his shoes in the middle of games and yelling at his assistant coach’s before games start good stuff.  I guess Brown wants to be known as the worm. 

Rodman is a 5x NBA champion, 2x NBA defensive POY, 2x NBA All-Star, and has numerous other accolades and achievements. He may have been eccentric but he certainly didn't hurt the teams he was playing on. In fact, quite the opposite. He is nothing like Antonio Brown, IMO.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

It could be wrong. But Rappaport reported this AM on GMFB that the Bucs WANTED Antonio Brown to play and he refused. 

Yeah, Arians told him multiple times to enter the game and Brown said his ankle was sore. Didn't look to sore when he was dancing off the field.

53 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

well that'd be an interesting angle.

Doesn't make any sense though...he refused to go into the game more than once.  How can they be freezing him out if they are trying to get him in the game and he won't enter?  

I am sure that is going to be AB's story when it comes out, to try and blame them and make them look underhanded.  But end of the day, I promise you Arian's, the other coaches, and the players on the field don't give 2 craps about how much a guy does or doesn't make.  They are out there to win games, and if the Bucs truly were concerned about paying AB bonuses, they could have just added a game or two to his suspension for his faked VAX card incident as additional team punishment.  

This dude quit on his team and the coaches, there is no spinning that.  

55 minutes ago, vincec said:

Rodman is a 5x NBA champion, 2x NBA defensive POY, 2x NBA All-Star, and has numerous other accolades and achievements. He may have been eccentric but he certainly didn't hurt the teams he was playing on. In fact, quite the opposite. He is nothing like Antonio Brown, IMO.

Watch the playoffs with the Spurs.  He was doing all kinds of distractions.

35 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I'd take anything AB puts out with a grain of salt, but it was an interesting alternate angle.

Yeah me too but if that side of the story is accurate then I hate to say it, but I sort of get the reaction (jumping up & down on the ankle notwithstanding) and think the NFL should look into it.  NFL team "doctors" are an utter joke when it comes to player health.

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, T master said:

Good riddance to bad rubbish this guy is a flake & it was just a matter of time after this i would hope no one allows him back on a NFL team at any time any where !! 

Does any one know the reason of this or did he just lose it just because of who he really is ? They came back to win correct so what was his deal ? 

It won't be long and this guy will do something that will get him arrested and thrown in jail again he's just not wrapped to tight !! 

He appeared to be unhappy because the Tampa Bay Br*dys was not giving him plays to each his incentive bonuses.

46 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I expect that sometime this week he'll apologize to Ariens and the Bucs and they'll take him back, after all he catch football, he score Touchdowns, and that is what's important.

Arians:  "If he screws up AGAIN, then he's gone.  I really, really mean it this time!!"

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Doesn't make any sense though...he refused to go into the game more than once.  How can they be freezing him out if they are trying to get him in the game and he won't enter?  

Not to mention that the $300K he's talking about is nothing compared to how much future money he cost himself.  This was a chance to prove he could play and not be a massive distraction, who in their right mind would take a chance on him now?

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, MJS said:

If you think that you don't know his history. He has been crazy ever since college. He was kicked off his first team.

Brown is just nuts. Getting hit in the head didn't help, I'm sure, but he is just a certifiably crappy person who has been selfish and self-destructive his entire life.

Many shared the same sentiment about Brandon Marshall before he was able to finally get proper diagnosis and care…

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Many shared the same sentiment about Brandon Marshall before he was able to finally get proper diagnosis and care…

Not even remotely similar. Brown should be in jail for sexual assault at least.

He is a crappy person. Excusing his antics doesn't help anyone.

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I'd take anything AB puts out with a grain of salt, but it was an interesting alternate angle.

You need at least a pound of salt, but better to just believe the opposite of what Antonio Brown says. That will get you closer to the truth.

Just now, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Neither does being a judgmental dick

It's judgemental of me to talk badly about a sex offender? That's what Brown is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Am I supposed to feel bad for Antonio Brown because Marshall has also done bad things? What's the point of this connection? I never said Marshall didn't do bad things I said they are not similar. And they're not. Countless players have off the field issues. Are we saying they are all connected to Antonio Brown somehow?

Antonio Brown is a complete pile of garbage. You can say I'm a meanie if you want. I'll accept that.

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

He appeared to be unhappy because the Tampa Bay Br*dys was not giving him plays to each his incentive bonuses.

Got you so keeping in true form he stomped his feet took his ball & went home !! Good Riddance !! 

Just now, MJS said:

Am I supposed to feel bad for Antonio Brown because Marshall has also done bad things? What's the point of this connection? I never said Marshall didn't do bad things I said they are not similar. And they're not. Countless players have off the field issues. Are we saying they are all connected to Antonio Brown somehow?

Antonio Brown is a complete pile of garbage. You can say I'm a meanie if you want. I'll accept that.

You said they were NOTHiNG alike, yet a laundry list of assault charges and erratic on and off field behavior is not comparable to AB? 

My point is you are speaking in absolutes, acting as if you have all the facts, going as far to say Marshall was NOTHING like AB, when you couldn’t have been more wrong.   You are so certain that AB is just a world class pos and not giving any credence to the notion that he may very well be dealing with an undiagnosed/untreated mental health issue.  You clearly aren’t good with facts or details, yet you seem very entrenched in your hate filled stance as if you know the man personally and were witness to all of his heinous actions, and more importantly what motivates those actions.

Meanie? More like juvenile and willfully ignorant…

Let’s hope for the defendants sake you are never called to jury duty.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

You said they were NOTHiNG alike, yet a laundry list of assault charges and erratic on and off field behavior is not comparable to AB? 

My point is you are speaking in absolutes, acting as if you have all the facts, going as far to say Marshall was NOTHING like AB, when you couldn’t have been more wrong.   You are so certain that AB is just a world class pos and not giving any credence to the notion that he may very well be dealing with an undiagnosed/untreated mental health issue.  You clearly aren’t good with facts or details, yet you seem very entrenched in your hate filled stance as if you know the man personally and were witness to all of his heinous actions, and more importantly what motivates those actions.

Meanie? More like juvenile and willfully ignorant…

Let’s hope for the defendants sake you are never called to jury duty.

"You are so certain that AB is just a world class pos and not giving any credence to the notion that he may very well be dealing with an undiagnosed/untreated mental health issue. "

Actually, I'm certain it is both. But having a mental health issue does not excuse his actions at all.

But I get it, these days we excuse everyone's actions because they might have some mental issue. But I'm not going to. I am going to continue to judge people by their actions.

And whatever mental issues he has, there are countless people living with the same thing who don't assault people and who don't destroy everything they come in contact with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, T master said:

Got you so keeping in true form he stomped his feet took his ball & went home !! Good Riddance !! 

Except we now know that Bruce Arians was trying to get him to GO BACK IN THE GAME and he wouldn't do it! 

That led to Arians saying to him "If you won't play, get the heck out of here" or words to that effect...and that is when he took his clothes/pads off, saluted the crowd (or whatever he was doing) and left the field.

3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

And Terry Bradshaw is getting heat for his comments...

https://heavy.com/sports/tampa-bay-buccaneers/terry-bradshaw-antonio-brown-quit-jersey/

I'm not a fan of cancel culture, but if this comment is what it takes to get rid of Terry Bradshaw forever, I'm on board with it.

I just can't stand the guy, and he's a complete idiot to boot.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Except we now know that Bruce Arians was trying to get him to GO BACK IN THE GAME and he wouldn't do it! 

That led to Arians saying to him "If you won't play, get the heck out of here" or words to that effect...and that is when he took his clothes/pads off, saluted the crowd (or whatever he was doing) and left the field.

Then he's a total malcontent perfek .

Again i say good riddance to bad rubbish he doesn't realize at all just how blessed he is to be in the NFL & make the kind of money that he does for playing a game and given his actions as a hole he's shown he's a POS and i for one hope we never have to here from him again !! 

12 minutes ago, T master said:

Then he's a total malcontent perfek .

Again i say good riddance to bad rubbish he doesn't realize at all just how blessed he is to be in the NFL & make the kind of money that he does for playing a game and given his actions as a hole he's shown he's a POS and i for one hope we never have to here from him again !! 

Don't you think there's ample evidence here, over a period of years, to suggest he has some mental health issues?

A lot of people think it goes back to the monster hit he took from Vontaze Burfict.

Watch this video (it's interesting) and see if you don't find some more compassion for AB's situation.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, MJS said:

"You are so certain that AB is just a world class pos and not giving any credence to the notion that he may very well be dealing with an undiagnosed/untreated mental health issue. "

Actually, I'm certain it is both. But having a mental health issue does not excuse his actions at all.

But I get it, these days we excuse everyone's actions because they might have some mental issue. But I'm not going to. I am going to continue to judge people by their actions.

And whatever mental issues he has, there are countless people living with the same thing who don't assault people and who don't destroy everything they come in contact with.

Countless people living with mental health issues that don’t assault people?

Perhaps looks at the drastically higher crime rates in the United States vs other first world nations, particularly violent crime, and tell me again those with mental health issues aren’t walking around assaulting and destroying things. 

Trickle down effect- those who need help don’t get the proper help they need and then others in their lives/path suffer the consequences of that individuals perceived “self destruction”.

However we are so far removed from football, I’m done with this conversation. 

Go Bills!

• Dislike 1

57 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm not a fan of cancel culture, but if this comment is what it takes to get rid of Terry Bradshaw forever, I'm on board with it.

I just can't stand the guy, and he's a complete idiot to boot.

If both are telling the truth, then I presume the Bucs held Brown back because they thought they could dominate the Jets without him and (from Brown's point of view) it'd mean he wouldn't reach the bonus for at least another week. When they called on him he told them where to go.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I think you are wrong here. If someone

has a mental health condition, their actions cant be viewed in the same manner as someone who is right of mind. The courts say it is so and common sense does too. I wouldnt view it as an excuse per se, but a reality (or lack thereof in this case) of their mental condition. 

Clearly i know nothing of AB, im simply playing the hypothetical game here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If both are telling the truth, then I presume the Bucs held Brown back because they thought they could dominate the Jets without him and (from Brown's point of view) it'd mean he wouldn't reach the bonus for at least another week. When they called on him he told them where to go.

Except Brown had already played a bunch - he had 5 targets and 3 catches in the game already for 21 yards - so I am not sure where the narrative that they were holding him out to prevent him getting bonuses comes from.  

If the Bucs wanted to prevent him from reaching the bonuses - playing him in the first half and targeting him more than anyone else makes little sense.  It also makes no sense that Arians would be trying to put him back in - if they wanted to ensure he didn’t reach the bonuses.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

Except Brown had already played a bunch - he had 5 targets and 3 catches in the game already for 21 yards - so I am not sure where the narrative that they were holding him out to prevent him getting bonuses comes from.  

If the Bucs wanted to prevent him from reaching the bonuses - playing him in the first half and targeting him more than anyone else makes little sense.  It also makes no sense that Arians would be trying to put him back in - if they wanted to ensure he didn’t reach the bonuses.

Ah I didn't realise that.

He just completely lost the plot then.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

has a mental health condition, their actions cant be viewed in the same manner as someone who is right of mind. The courts say it is so and common sense does too. I wouldnt view it as an excuse per se, but a reality (or lack thereof in this case) of their mental condition. 

No need to play hypotheticals with AB, he is a piece of ***** that doesn't deserve the millions he has.

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

And that's the problem. Everyone is only assuming. Brown needs to be held accountable for his actions until it is proven that he has some kind of mental disability AND that that mental disability is CAUSING him to lose control and do terrible things.

Until then, he is just a crappy person who cares only about himself.

4 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

...Next thing you know, Brown will be ((((((Streaking)))))) down the middle of the field, during a Bucs playoff game...

That would be pretty entertaining, but only if the cameras actually showed it.

• Like (+1) 1

But, wait... wait...

Didn't Bruce "I eat 5 salisbury steak dinners per day, even though you would never guess" Arians say that AB was totally fine, and that AB was "trying to make himself a better man" (not a direct quote) or some such?

Absolutely, though.  Beane, sign this guy.  Let's get 'er done.  </sarcasm>

2 hours ago, bobobonators said:

What court would say that Antonio Brown was not responsible for his actions yesterday?

And, to be clear, courts don't release people in New York State that have been "found to be mentally incapable of standing trial", they keep them in a secure facility until a court determines they are capable of standing trial. Their actions are not excused.

Edited by Beast

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.