Antonio Brown strips in EZ and retires mid game? Edit: and now feuding with Bucs

Process

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

this should lay to rest any idea that AB was "injured" and couldn't play or whatever he and his crazy agent are saying.

Anyone who feels at all bad for this guy is a stone cold sucker and AB would call you that as well...

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

His ankle didn’t look too bad as he trotted off the field that day

Yeah, that’s what I thought too as I heard he was blaming it on that. All that jumping around and pumping the crowd up, did not even seem to be favoring his ankle to me. 

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

This is journalism. I just hope the NYT doesn't get their filthy hands on WFAN or Carton and Roberts.

Ah yes, carrying it into another thread, no torch here. 

Strange show though. 

• Eyeroll 1

IF he goes anywhere it will be KC or the Rams. 

I'm not so sure he's "mentally ill" and not just a selfish drama magnet, of which there are many in the world who just don't have millions of dollars and the platform of an NFL player.

I'll bet a lot of us know someone very similar to him who just doesn't have the means or money to get this type of attention. 

7 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

Yeah, that’s what I thought too as I heard he was blaming it on that. All that jumping around and pumping the crowd up, did not even seem to be favoring his ankle to me. 

Ah yes, carrying it into another thread, no torch here. 

Strange show though. 

Ah yes, making this thread personal just like the last one.  But of course, you have no agenda. 

Go look up what the phrase carrying a torch means.

39 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

IF he goes anywhere it will be KC or the Rams. 

I'm not so sure he's "mentally ill" and not just a selfish drama magnet, of which there are many in the world who just don't have millions of dollars and the platform of an NFL player.

I'll bet a lot of us know someone very similar to him who just doesn't have the means or money to get this type of attention. 

I'd be shocked if he doesn't have a diagnosable mental health disorder.

My guess is he has borderline personality disorder.  Read about it.

He exhibits almost all of the symptomatology to the hilt.

He needs to be diagnosed and prescribed the appropriate medication and he would be living in a different world as a different person.

It's actually shocking to me no one has made that happen by now.

What are these NFL teams doing?  How dumb are they?

14 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He needs to be diagnosed and prescribed the appropriate medication and he would be living in a different world as a different person.

It's certainly possible. Perhaps a lot more people than we realize are suffering from mental health issues that just never get diagnosed. I'm sure that's also true. 

When is someone truly mentally ill, and when are they just an a-hole? Or is almost everyone who acts impulsively, destroys every relationship they are involved with (friendships and romantic relationships) and leaves a trail of emotional, career, and financial wreckage behind them everywhere they go actually mentally ill? 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

So if everyone is to be believed we can piece together exactly what happened. Brown had an ankle injury that the team knew about.  He was more than willing to play with the injury if it meant he would get enough catches to get his $2 million bonus. But when he wasn’t getting targeted at the rate he thought would get him to his bonus he complained at halftime. Then he refused to go back into the game when directed to do so by his coach.  Then Arians told him to get the F out of there, which led to Browns’ tantrum exit.

As Brown did not seek medical treatment during the game it’s safe to assume that he did not further injure his ankle during the game.   He did decide that playing on the injury was not worth it if he was not going to get his bonus.  That led to his refusal to play.

tl:dr: Brown was only good with playing on his injured ankle if he was gonna get his $2M bonus.

That seems like as reasonable a take as any, but it almost sounds too logical, calculated, and rational for AB

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That seems like as reasonable a take as any, but it almost sounds too logical, calculated, and rational for AB

Agreed - especially when pieced with the new info from the night before.

I think you have to remove any rational thought.

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

Agreed - especially when pieced with the new info from the night before.

I think you have to remove any rational thought.

I think AB has to always be a “legend in his own mind” and sulks if his ego isn’t stroked the right way.  I also think he’s paranoid and when he wasn’t getting targeted as much as he wanted, it was a plot to deprive him of his rightful due and not Brady taking what he could get.

I would also bet money that this isn’t the first or the third or the 10th time Arians has had to manage AB and his ego during a game and he’d had enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Sometimes specific symptoms might be managed with medications; however, there are no medications to specifically treat Borderline Personality Disorders. Like all personality disorders, it is a fairly fixed framework within which people view themselves, others, and the world around them that is rooted more in developmental factors than structural or genetic factors (such as Bipolar Disorder). 

I have no idea what is at the core of Antonio Brown's behavior and, without indepth interviewing and testing, nobody does. If his issues are primarily in the personality disorder arena, my guess would be it is squarely in the Cluster B range and centering around pathological narcissism with some histrionic borderline, and antisocial traits (and, just another guess, probably some related traits involving paranoia and psychopathy).

Unfortunately, there are no medications to fix that.

Structural / chemical issues are another story...

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Sometimes specific symptoms might be managed with medications; however, there are no medications to specifically treat Borderline Personality Disorders. Like all personality disorders, it is a fairly fixed framework within which people view themselves, others, and the world around them that is rooted more in developmental factors than structural or genetic factors (such as Bipolar Disorder). 

I have no idea what is at the core of Antonio Brown's behavior and, without indepth interviewing and testing, nobody does. If his issues are primarily in the personality disorder arena, my guess would be it is squarely in the Cluster B range and centering around pathological narcissism with some histrionic borderline, and antisocial traits (and, just another guess, probably some related traits involving paranoia and psychopathy).

Unfortunately, there are no medications to fix that.

Structural / chemical issues are another story...

Arians behavior before and during the game seems to be in the Cluster F range. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Arians behavior before and during the game seems to be in the Cluster F range. 

Well, I wasn't present during their interactions so I don't have the necessary information to condemn or absolve either one regarding responsibility for what happened.

Edited by billsfan1959

32 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Well, I wasn't present during their interactions so I don't have the necessary information to condemn or absolve either one regarding responsibility for what happened.

Arians said in a press conference that he kicked Brown off the team during the game. Brown didn't quit. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Arians said in a press conference that he kicked Brown off the team during the game. Brown didn't quit. 

That may be. That wasn't my point. I was responding to your post in which you indicated that you believe Arians' behavior before and during the game was f***** up, with no mention of Brown's behavior. My point was that I wasn't there so I have no idea if Arians' behavior was in the right, in the wrong, or somewhere in between. The same with Brown.

In other words, I don't have ALL of the information at this time to know. 

Edited by billsfan1959

I can’t believe it’s even up for debate. Arians kicked AB off the sideline because of his behavior.  He wanted more targets  to get a cash bonus.  Any coach worth a damm would have done the same.  

The story of how much of distraction he has become is out there.  Look at his behavior before the game, during the game, after the game - the guy is crazy.   Any team that signs him is asking for trouble. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

I can’t believe it’s even up for debate. Arians kicked AB off the sideline because of his behavior.  He wanted more targets  to get a cash bonus.  Any coach worth a damm would have done the same.  

The story of how much of distraction he has become is out there.  Look at his behavior before the game, during the game, after the game - the guy is crazy.   Any team that signs him is asking for trouble. 

A professional coach benches the player. Does not publically embarass the player.  It is not really a discussion point. 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

A professional coach benches the player. Does not publically embarass the player.  It is not really a discussion point. 

Ha Ha.  It appears you  haven’t been around too many coaches.  In this case a professional coach benches a professional player that earns and deserves their respect, otherwise they  get told to “get the F out”.   Especially when they are acting selfish at halftime of an important game, and right after you talked to him in the locker room.  No coach is going to take that crap on the sideline.  

The coach did not publicly embarrass him, AB did that all by himself.   Besides, AB is not embarrassed by it, he would have to be thinking clearly  for that to happen.  Clearly he isn’t.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

How did Arians publicly embarrass him during the game? By telling him to get out? The public didn’t know that detail until after the fact. What Ariana did was confined to the sideline and not made for public consumption. 

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Said player embarrassed the team with his vaccination FELONY and other things.  Along with his demands to be paid the bonus guarantees etc.  think Arians didn’t know he snuck some skank into the room-bet he did!   AB is an AH so quit defending any of his actions. 

On 1/6/2022 at 6:35 PM, Just Jack said:

The absolute best thing that could come from all of this would be if AB blew the lid off about the "supplements" TBs "trainer" has been providing all these years

12 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Of all his indiscretions and misstep. I'm not gonna hold this one against him. 

This indiscretion was pretty bad when you consider it another Covid violation.   Athletes can get beautiful women.  That is not hard to do.  He demonstrates a complete lack of self control and childlike selfish behavior. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.