Antonio Brown strips in EZ and retires mid game? Edit: and now feuding with Bucs

Process

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If people have talent left in the tank, there will always be another team. Look at Gordon. 

I said as much earlier in this thread (I think).  It is amazing at what you can get away with as an athlete if you are good enough.  Not sure his performance vs. pain in the ass factor works to his favor now though. 

This feels like a new low.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Between the social media influencer driver that picked him up and the release of his rap song, this is all starting to feel like a big publicity stunt rather than a mental health episode.

I don't think those are mutually exclusive....plus he basically burned a bunch of money he could of gotten if he played just a little bit longer.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Between the social media influencer driver that picked him up and the release of his rap song, this is all starting to feel like a big publicity stunt rather than a mental health episode.

He will probably end up boxing Jake Paul.

• Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't think those are mutually exclusive....plus he basically burned a bunch of money he could of gotten if he played just a little bit longer.

It would not surprise me at all if he seriously believes this stunt will end up jump starting his rap career. People like him tend to get very bad advice from yes men that are trying to latch on to his influence. Beasley released his rap album after one of his Twitter rants. It's how some of these men think you get rich and famous, start a controversy and make a career out of the attention.

I'm just saying everyone is assuming it's a mental health episode, I think he knows exactly what he is doing. Pure narcissism combined with years of nobody telling him no. This is the end result.

• Agree 1

Maybe this is now old news, but I just learned that Bruce Arians tried to get AB back into the game on TWO different occasions, and AB wouldn't go in.

Arians then told him if he didn't want to go into the game then "get out of here" or words to that effect.

That's when he took off the jersey and pads and started to leave.

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

In my opinion, these two things are usually linked.

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I bet a lot of big stunts stem from mental health deficiencies 

even if walking out was planned it doesn’t mean it was of sane mind 

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It would not surprise me at all if he seriously believes this stunt will end up jump starting his rap career. People like him tend to get very bad advice from yes men that are trying to latch on to his influence. Beasley released his rap album after one of his Twitter rants. It's how some of these men think you get rich and famous, start a controversy and make a career out of the attention.

I'm just saying everyone is assuming it's a mental health episode, I think he knows exactly what he is doing. Pure narcissism combined with years of nobody telling him no. This is the end result.

would you call someone narcissistic on that scale to be of good mental health? 

3 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

Oh man, I forgot about that nutjob 😂

I read an article about Kanye a while back and I think it probably applies pretty closely to AB. To sum it up basically despite everyone thinking that Kanye was done/finished after the latest stupid ass thing he did it never mattered because when he did what made him famous making music he was still just really good at that. So people would still buy his music and go to see his shows.

• Agree 1

For those attributing this to CTE or the Burfict hit, here is a link with background on his earlier life. Of course the stepfather is not to be taken at his word but still... he wasn't "OK before the hit".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/09/13/antonio-brown-nfl-wrs-troubling-past-shines-light-current-woes/2298810001/

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I read an article about Kanye a while back and I think it probably applies pretty closely to AB. To sum it up basically despite everyone thinking that Kanye was done/finished after the latest stupid ass thing he did it never mattered because when he did what made him famous making music he was still just really good at that. So people would still buy his music and go to see his shows.

Except Kanye can be good at his forever. AB is essentially at his expiration date 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

For those attributing this to CTE or the Burfict hit, here is a link with background on his earlier life. Of course the stepfather is not to be taken at his word but still... he wasn't "OK before the hit".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/09/13/antonio-brown-nfl-wrs-troubling-past-shines-light-current-woes/2298810001/

so  not on speaking terms ??😉

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Also, Kanye has mostly said dumb things or acted irrationally. He has not attracted the kind of legal troubles AB has.

6 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I don't care what anyone says, he's got CTE.  

This guy has a long history of sociopathic behavior and narcissism!   He is a criminal. Always has behaved as one.  Cte is doubtful to cause all the long standing crimes he has been responsible for.  Usually you have some time of normal behavior history prior to CTE.  It’s the opposite for brown who never should have been allowed back on the field after the FELONY of forging and selling vax cards.  Arians and Brady wanting him back says something about their character as well.   This guy will end up in jail or unfortunately commit suicide or harm someone else.  Yet they enable him by allowing him to continue to return to play.  Let’s hope we never see him on the field again and he is forced to get help.  There is no help apparently for organizations, and people like the coach and qb who fought to get this sociopath on the team because he can catch a football.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrPJax said:

This guy has a long history of sociopathic behavior and narcissism!   He is a criminal. Always has behaved as one.  Cte is doubtful to cause all the long standing crimes he has been responsible for.  Usually you have some time of normal behavior history prior to CTE.  It’s the opposite for brown who never should have been allowed back on the field after the FELONY of forging and selling vax cards.  Arians and Brady wanting him back says something about their character as well.   This guy will end up in jail or unfortunately commit suicide or harm someone else.  Yet they enable him by allowing him to continue to return to play.  Let’s hope we never see him on the field again and he is forced to get help.  There is no help apparently for organizations, and people like the coach and qb who fought to get this sociopath on the team because he can catch a football.  

Lol that's a bogus felony

• Eyeroll 2

57 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Every narcissist is mentally ill now? Nah, some people are just a******s.

Health, and mental health in particular, is pretty wild man. It often exists in more than a binary. Like, there are degrees of unwell. A spectrum even! 

and get this- being unwell doesn’t mean actions are acceptable. 

so it’s ok to think brown is likely a bit outside the norm with his mental well being. 

someone with his track record can be unwell, be an a*****, receive a deserve consequence, and still find compassion. 

not every mental health issue is a train wreck. Plenty are more akin to high cholesterol or a sprained ankle. AB is pretty far beyond those tiers though. He deserves consequences, and hopefully also finds help. Otherwise how long til we find out he’s dead or in jail for a loooong time? Because he’s ill and spiraling and needs something to intervene before he loses more. That’s not just being an ass, even if yes he is an ass too.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If people have talent left in the tank, there will always be another team. Look at Gordon. 

Yeah but people tend to be sympathetic to people with drug problems.  Don't recall Gordon causing issues with team he was one, other than reliability.  Brown has caused too many issues, most self created.

Brown also will be 34 year old by the start of next season, Gordon is only 30 now and many times when he was given a 3rd or 4th chance he was even younger at the time so was more worth it for a team to take a chance and sign him. 

The odds too of Brown not doing something stupid to warrant another suspension between now and next season is likely low.  Wouldn't be shocked if someone signs him, but doubt it will be anything involving big $$ and will be surprised if he lasts even half a season.

40 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I believe Ryan Clark told people that AB would be basically a problem if he ever got famous (I don’t remember the exact words).

I believe he said this in AB’s second year….he saw the signs and projection has been correct.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-steelers-star-crushes-antonio-brown-with-2012-story-give-him-money-youre-going-to-create-a-monster/amp/

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.