Is Sean McDermott in Bill Belichick's head?

Dr. K

McD wasn't a failure or a POS after that Monday night game and he didn't become a genius after yesterday's game.

He's a great leader and a fine coach, he has his shortcomings like every other HC out there, but I think he is the perfect coach for this team and city.  

Clap along if you feel like it...

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don't think McDermott is but I do think Allen is

Belilchick hasn't figured out what to do against him. Last season he tried pressure - allen torched his defense, yesterday dropped guys in coverage - allen torched his defense

The only thing that has stopped allen vs the pats the past 2 seasons has been the weather in buffalo twice 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

Allen is for sure. 

No on McD, Belichick just outcoached him 3 weeks ago to win a game they shouldn't have won. If anything, this game showed we should have won that game with competent coaching. He did the Pats a huge favor in that game by not unleashing Josh until late. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nobody is in anybody's head.  The Bills are a better team than the Patriots and they won the game.  In the previous game, there were adverse weather conditions and the Bills did not handle them as well as the Pats did, so the Pats won that game.  I'd say that the Pats were better prepared/better coached in the first game, but I that doesn't mean anyone is in anyone else's head.

Of the 10 McD/BB matchups since Sean became HC yesterday was probably the closest we’ve seen to a “fair fight” in that you had two playoff teams late in the season.  Perhaps the late 2019 game fits that bill as well.  BB certainly hasn’t “owned” McD when both have had competent teams.

2017 — Brady vs. Tyrod

2018 — Brady vs. Anderson, Brady vs. Rookie Josh (insignificant last game of season)

2019 — Brady vs. Josh x2, both close games

2020 — Josh vs. Newton x2

2021 — Windstorm, Josh vs. Jones

The real Billy Bellicheat is a .500 career Head Coach, with serial cheating behind his record of "victories", along with favor shown by officials.  It's a joke really his career trajectory is now mirroring that of the dishonorable Chuckles Fairbanks.  It's not just a hot take it's the cold hard facts he's never really won anything, everything is tainted by so many gates, and the more animosity Boston fans had the worse it looked yesterday.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Well I saw a stat from Boston reporter that since 2017 McDermott has all but eliminated passing from patriots.  Something ridiculous like 4TD and 11 INT.  

Yep. The Bills defense has played New England tough since McDermott got here. The games we have lost have mainly been on the offense. But Allen, Diggs and Lil' Dirty all balled out yesterday.

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

He coached angry yesterday and that's the coach we need going forward.  

Its a fine line between ANGRY (emotional) and calculating aggressive coaching.  I am hoping that its the later in McD's case.   On this point, its my understanding that the analytics folks are saying that teams should go for it on 4th down more than they do these days in order to win more.....in that case, we are certainly practicing that with McD's calls these days. (analytic approach emphasized here)  Worked out yesterday anyhow. 

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

or were they ? questionable ?

Methinks not my friend.

I admire the guts..but we were up 5 points on that 4th and 1 call. If Josh doesn’t make that play, The Pats stop us with an opportunity to win the game, late. We would be singing a different tune today. If that would of happened. Glad it didn’t but it was risky as hell. Thank God for Josh making a play because the Pats had it defended pretty well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

I admire the guts..but we were up 5 points on that 4th and 1 call. If Josh doesn’t make that play, The Pats stop us with an opportunity to win the game, late. We would be singing a different tune today. If that would of happened. Glad it didn’t but it was risky as hell. Thank God for Josh making a play because the Pats had it defended pretty well.

McD believed his team would succeed.
analytics be damned lol. 
 But the defense was playing pretty hot just in case pats had to go the whole field. these are not the days of Brady and his offense

Go Bills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.