1/2/22 Falcons at Bills

eball

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

We shall see.  Im not as down on Sanders as others are here.  I know he dropped a couple passes but the dude is still a really good receiver.

Possibly not sure I buy that though.

I like Sanders too. I think a lot of people, maybe the coaches included, feel like a rest may allow us to see the first 6 game version of Sanders. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Does the phrase "sunk cost" have meaning to you?

If the guy is a "stupid signing" (as you say) because he's not playing well, how will "let him earn" by playing him help the Bills?

image.png.8083a791a75b741cc9e67c08e71a6eb5.png

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If the guy is a "stupid signing" (as you say) because he's not playing well, how will "let him earn" by playing him help the Bills?

I think his implication here is that in a very winnable game, let Butler take the lumps at DT and spare some reps for guys who will be more likely needed down the stretch. 

Just a guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Don’t let WGR’s Brian Koziol see this.  He took far too much delight in firing off vitriol-filled tweets over Beasley and Davis missing time. 

Very different situation/stakes.

Bills were a SB favorite this summer when these choices were being made.............they made their choice.........and ended up missing the most important/pivotal game of the regular season.

The Falcons have a 2% chance of making the playoffs right now.

Not surprising if their players are being careless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I think his implication here is that in a very winnable game, let Butler take the lumps at DT and spare some reps for guys who will be more likely needed down the stretch. 

Just a guess. 

So another variant of "we don't really need to go all out and put our best guys on the field to win against the Falcons"?  I guess that could be the correct interpretation.

If so I disagree.  The Bills have lost too many winnable games for that to seem like a good strategy when the last 2 games are "must wins"

The Falcons are 7-2 in 1 score games this season

The Bills are 0-5 in 1 score games this season

Either it's bad luck, or bad attitude "looking past" teams we really should be able to beat.   We better take no chances here.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was pointing to the absurdity of that signing.

Of course you don't play him tomorrow if the Bills have already given up on him and want to evaluate a PS player.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I really like Ankou. Butler is useless 

I agree.  He's well traveled but had a couple of good years as a depth DT in Jax to start his career.

I'm hoping he is the kind of guy that can get signed to come to camp and compete for a cheap DT spot.

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So another variant of "we don't really need to go all out and put our best guys on the field to win against the Falcons"?  I guess that could be the correct interpretation.

If so I disagree.  The Bills have lost too many winnable games for that to seem like a good strategy when the last 2 games are "must wins"

Either it's bad luck, or bad attitude "looking past" teams we really should be able to beat.   We better take no chances here.

I certainly agree with this and presume the coaches do as well.  I expect no let up in this game.  Nothing is clinched, nothing is certain, and there are no “gimmes” in the NFL.  Out and out domination is the only correct response by the Bills in this game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

At times?

Ankou looks hungry out there. He’s getting meaningful snaps in meaningful games on a playoff team and clearly is doing all he can to make the most of it. Vernon Butler is present. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

https://www.audacy.com/929thegame/sports/atlanta-falcons/keys-to-falcons-victory-on-sunday

Exploiting the Bills' weaknesses is the key to a Falcons victory

Bradley Gelber, writer for The Bills Wire, joined Nick and Brian today and pointed out the two weaknesses that have caused trouble for the Bills all year. When asked if the lack of a consistent running game was the main issue for the Bills, Gebler said, “That and stopping the run on the other side of the ball.”

Excluding Josh Allen, the Bills have only one player on their roster with more than 300 rushing yards on the season. On the defensive side, the Bills allow about 115 rushing yards per game on the season, but have allowed almost 146 over the last three games.

Bradley Gebler went on to say, “If you look at any of the games they lost. Tennessee ran all over them. New England ran all over them. They’ve just had games where they are incapable of stopping the run.”

Any Given Sunday, but the Falcons have been 31st in rush yards gained, 25th in rush attempts on offense, and 25th in rush yards against.

Establishing the run, something the Falcons have struggled with, and holding up in the secondary, also something the Falcons have struggled with, against a one-dimensional Bills’ offense will be the keys to getting a win on Sunday and keeping the Falcons’ playoffs hope alive.

3 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Let Vernon Butler earn some of his $5.8M cap hit on Sunday.

What a stupid signing Beane made with Butler.  $15M over 2 years.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

IMO Ankou has been outplaying Butler, who tends to look as though he's phoning it in at times

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/vernon-butler/10664

Vernon Butler ranked 130th out of 130 DTs 😂 ~$6 million cap hit 

Let's just consider this year's $6mil a retirement gift from Beane and retire Butler. I don't ever want to see him on the field in a Bills jersey again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.audacy.com/929thegame/sports/atlanta-falcons/keys-to-falcons-victory-on-sunday

Any Given Sunday, but the Falcons have been 31st in rush yards gained, 25th in rush attempts on offense, and 25th in rush yards against.

Bradley Gelber is a dork. 

Agreed.  We were 6-1 last year in one score games so it definitely could be an attitude thing.  If every game from here on out is a playoff game like Josh said then you put your best roster out there to win that week.  Playing it on the safe side with injuries or resting veterans shouldn't be an option.  The Jaguars game hopefully taught this coaching staff a valuable lesson.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

correct me if I am wrong, but the Bills have struggled against the run in a few games this year against gap

heavy run offenses with elite line play. 

i believe the Falcons run more of an athletic outside zone running game, which is something the Bills’ defense is really designed to slow down. 

i don’t see Atlanta having anywhere near the success running as teams like the colts and pats have had against us (I don’t count the titans game, because outside of 1 long run, the run D was okay). 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Yes Falcons.  Please make the Seattle mistake and come in here prepared to stop the run and run the football.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unfortunately they won't be playing Mike White, Zach Wilson, Brissett, Tua, Heinicke, Siemian, or Mills in the SB.  

15 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m pretty sure it’s bills beat falcons

Rams beat Ravens. Nothing there is that crazy. Both are most likely considerably favored 

That is just for a playoff spot not the division championship and a home playoff game

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

The playoff machine on 538 says we make the playoffs as long as we beat the Jets even if we lose to the Falcons?  Is that accurate or did I click the wrong button?

I think it’s correct.  Because of all of the tiebreakers the Jets game is “the” game to make the playoffs, but winning both guarantees the AFC East and a home playoff game.

34 minutes ago, eball said:

I think it’s correct.  Because of all of the tiebreakers the Jets game is “the” game to make the playoffs, but winning both guarantees the AFC East and a home playoff game.

This board will be apoplectic if the Bills lose against the Falcons but the one silver lining is we won't have to face the Colts in the Wild Card round.  Plus, we're better on the road.  I'm all for winning the division but nobody is calling the Bucs a failure last year for not winning the NFC South.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

This board will be apoplectic if the Bills lose against the Falcons but the one silver lining is we won't have to face the Colts in the Wild Card round.  Plus, we're better on the road.  I'm all for winning the division but nobody is calling the Bucs a failure last year for not winning the NFC South.

I may be in the minority but I want to face the Colts again.

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.