Even in a loss, Allen is MVP

whorlnut

Disagree. What games have we won this year because of him? Not saying I don’t want him but that just is not true this year. He has kept us close but a bad loss does not count any different than a close one. We are 7-6 and our 7 wins were mostly easy ones. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 26

1 minute ago, metbill said:

No he isn't, he couldn't get it done. Not just his fault but they are not good enough to compete.

Oh. I didn’t know you turned off the game after the first half. There was a second half. It was really good. You might’ve liked it. Actually, since you’re obviously not interested in watching second half football, you would’ve hated it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Disagree. What games have we won this year because of him? Not saying I don’t want him but that just is not true this year. He has kept us close but a bad loss does not count any different than a close one. We are 7-6 and our 7 wins were mostly easy ones. 

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

If the award was truly the most valuable player he would be a candidate. But it is really given to the most valuable player on a team that wins.

As it should be. Allen was very close today to being the MVP front runner. A TD on their last possession in regulation would have done that no doubt. But now his chances are toast. He's lost the head to head against the MVP favorite. He won't be able to make up that ground even if the Bills win out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, zevo said:

another loss by the slimmest of margins at some point the script has to flip

Yep.

I'm telling you. Whatever Vegas comes out with for the over/under on the Bills next year, absolutely hammer the over. Assume Bills finish the year 10-7. They would probably set it at 10 or 10.5

I haven't seen the schedule for next season but 11 would seem like a lock with all these 1 score losses mounting this year. If it is set at 9.5 that would be stealing money. 

Paging Brandon Beane:

You have failed this kid. The kid is special. Do a better job of putting stuff around him. 

1. You need better right across the OLine;

2. You are limiting the personnel groupings the O can use when you only have one tight end worthy of being in the league on the roster;

3. You need desperately to get younger and more athletic at receiver. You need to stop being enamoured with old vet guys who "know the game" and "are smart".

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Paging Brandon Beane:

You have failed this kid. The kid is special. Do a better job of putting stuff around him. 

2. You are limiting the personnel groupings the O can use when you only have one tight end worthy of being in the league on the roster;

3. You need desperately to get younger and more athletic at receiver. You need to stop being enamoured with old vet guys who "know the game" and "are smart".

Beane did get us Allen at least. I'm willing to let him right the ship for more Oline help going forward. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Paging Brandon Beane:

To be fair though those savvy vets were great as Josh was developing. I still love our new RT he's rough around the edges but is a rookie, got to improve the interior and get a plan for replacing Morse. Another TE is definitely up there on the list.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

To be fair though those savvy vets were great as Josh was developing. I still love our new RT he's rough around the edges but is a rookie, got to improve the interior and get a plan for replacing Morse. Another TE is definitely up there on the list.

Yes but this offseason he signed another. Josh was already developed. Would that money not have been better spent at guard? Or on a younger, speedier, receiver? 

Beane has to do a better job building around Josh.

6 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

At this point you have to wonder if McDermott is holding Allen back. 4th and 3 in a bit spot and McDermott basically says...nope don't trust you to make a play. 

Mcd is a huge problem moving forward

• Like (+1) 3

I love Josh, and I agree with OP... problem is once again he was a no show in the first half. Seems to me that coaching is afraid to let him do his thing. They're coaching him scared... They don't want him to get hurt, so they don't let him run. 

8 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

At this point you have to wonder if McDermott is holding Allen back. 4th and 3 in a bit spot and McDermott basically says...nope don't trust you to make a play. 

Coaches of their respective teams would have gone for it with Lamar, mahomes, burrow, Herbert, and possibly Baker, I don't know why we don't go for it with Josh

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes but this offseason he signed another. Josh was already developed. Would that money not have been better spent at guard? Or on a younger, speedier, receiver? 

Beane has to do a better job building around Josh.

True there was a cap crunch that probably made that more difficult and Sanders was still an improvement on Brown last year. Also random tangent of things from this game but Davis is really starting to show up again.

Just now, BruceVilanch said:

Coaches of their respective teams would have gone for it with Lamar, mahomes, burrow, Herbert, and possibly Baker, I don't know why we don't go for it with Josh

Because aside from Lamar's HC...all the other QBs you mention have HCs that come from the offensive side of the ball. More aggressive...understand more the flow of offense.

Heck the Colts with Wentz and the Titans with Tannehill would go for it there too. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.