Even in a loss, Allen is MVP

whorlnut

Allen is the best player on this team. I don’t blame him for the 7-6 record.

If we are being really look at our 7 wins. Go watch the replays if you need to.  With Mitch we are minimum 6-7. The D dominated in those wins and the opponents played awful. Honestly I can’t recall a game we have won that was a game that you would say both teams played well. Hence our record in close games. 

19 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Disagree. What games have we won this year because of him? Not saying I don’t want him but that just is not true this year. He has kept us close but a bad loss does not count any different than a close one. We are 7-6 and our 7 wins were mostly easy ones. 

4 players in NFL history have run for 100 yards and passed for 300. I hope we can agree the Bills do not have a strong run game. He cannot rely on another player to take over a game. He’s not Brady or Rodgers, but he’s our entire Offense. 

The last 2 losses have sucked, but we live and die with his performance. Other QBs have the luxury of a defense respecting the run game. 

I don’t know who to blame anymore, the O line or the run scheme. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He almost wins us the game if he wasn't so close to the sideline

If his ankle was fine that run was probably a TD

That's what is so frustrating this year, just a few minor differences here and there and those L are W. 

Allen is a baller. A sure thing. The franchise QB long looked for.

Now if the Bills can WIN THOSE LAST 4 GAMES!!! They might still turn it around.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, GymShorts84 said:

4 players in NFL history have run for 100 yards and passed for 300. I hope we can agree the Bills do not have a strong run game. He cannot rely on another player to take over a game. He’s not Brady or Rodgers, but he’s our entire Offense. 

The last 2 losses have sucked, but we live and die with his performance. Other QBs have the luxury of a defense respecting the run game. 

The O line, hands down.

It should be fairly easy to build a defense that gives up 33 points a game without using high draft picks and free agency allocations.  It seems hard to build an offense that scores more than 33 points a game without making a meaningful investment. 

7 minutes ago, GymShorts84 said:

Our defense played well the second half today and last week. Would you have taken the D holding TB to 27? I would have expected we need 30 or more to beat them. Early bad play, conservative nonsense cost us. Not on the D or Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

If his ankle was fine that run was probably a TD

That's what is so frustrating this year, just a few minor differences here and there and those L are W. 

Allen is a baller. A sure thing. The franchise QB long looked for.

Now if the Bills can WIN THOSE LAST 4 GAMES!!! They might still turn it around.

i dont think a good foot keeps him in bounds , he ran normally on that play, probably hurt later but the adrenaline kept running good.

14 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

You would be in for a rude awakening how bad this team would be without him.

They would be in contention for a top 5 draft pick.

I’m thinking number one pick, I mean they can not run or pass block, that’s impossible to over come but Allen dose some how, but I don’t like him taking all those hits. We need a running back bad that can make a guy miss and get some yards. Allen does everything 

1 minute ago, 97bills said:

I’m thinking number one pick, I mean they can not run or pass block, that’s impossible to over come but Allen dose some how, but I don’t like him taking all those hits. We need a running back bad that can make a guy miss and get some yards. Allen does everything 

Not that's untrue, but the 1st run by a RB was in the 3rd quarter! On the fake punt! The Bills run game is bad but not THAT bad. 

Just now, 97bills said:

True.

They still have a defence who can beat up on bad teams though.

So I would say probably a 5-6 win team.

But you may be right.

Josh was fantastic in the second half today - basically showing everyone what is ceiling is and more.

The horrible issue is… we haven’t won a close one so far this year. Every close game has been a loss. Seasons cannot be sustained on that; if we’re on offense at the two minute warning we have to make it count. Yes, there were mitigating circumstances today but we still couldn’t get over the line.

Edited by UKBillFan

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Our defense played well the second half today and last week. Would you have taken the D holding TB to 27? I would have expected we need 30 or more to beat them. Early bad play, conservative nonsense cost us. Not on the D or Allen. 

I understand your thoughts. Offense needs to score points in the  1st half but the D gave up 24 points and a lot of yards. I don’t want to accept that a scenario that we needed to score 30, because that seems like a score that guarantees a win, and unreasonable on the road. 

a win would have been a momentum building turning point, the loss still might. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.