Poyer and Hyde snap at Jerry Sullivan

IBTG81

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Allen pees his pants throws an air ball

While we're on the subject of press conferences Allen said in his press conference that the wind took that last pass. Also the defender covering Beasley made a smart play and abandoned his coverage to tip the ball. I'm not going to lay the blame on Allen for that one. I'm going to blame the offensive structure and personnel that put us in an extremely low percentage 4th and 14 situation for the game.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sullivan is a bad journalist because he inserts himself into the story. He just asked McDermott "are you embarrassed that the Pats only passed the ball three times and won?" That's not a proper press conference question. The question is the answer.

I’m so glad we have tough journalist like Sully. Our coaches and players deserved every bit of that. 

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have a hard time putting this on the defense.  They allowed only 14 points. Yeah, yeah, rushing yards. But 14 points is the bottom line. They mostly did their job.

14 pts is a lot in a game where the conditions make it really hard to score. They allowed over 200 rushing yards and allowed the pats to move the ball and keep the Bills offense off of the field when we had the wind

• Like (+1) 1

This almost reminds me of a political debate in todays age. Two different groups of people who don't see how the other could think a certain way. I am NOT a fan of sully by any means, and the question was never going to get a good response, nor was it very professional. However, many Bills fans probably feel the same way tonight. I think the question was fair to be honest. Of course you can hide behind the score and say you only gave up 14 points, but if you watched the game you know that run defense was pathetic. In fact, even if you didnt watch the game, you should know it was pathetic based on the stat line. In those conditions, you have to stop the run and force a team to pass, and that never happened. Pathetic showing despite how many points were given up.

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m so glad we have tough journalist like Sully. Our coaches and players deserved every bit of that. 

This.  All the reporters, not just Sullivan, were asking hard-hitting questions in the pressers.  It’s time for that.  The team has underperformed expectations and repeatedly deflected issues with cliche answers throughout the entire season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, it's the culture and had nothing at all to do with a smarmy leech insulting them while hiding behind a microphone. <_<

Fine, but are they above a question that insinuates insult? They are paid quite a bit to do a job in which they failed this evening. Is that not fair to say?

1 minute ago, DocLawless said:

However, many Bills fans probably feel the same way tonight.

He's supposed to be a reporter not a Bills fan.

And would you walk up to those guys right after that game and tell them they should be embarrassed?

Would you do it from a distance while hiding behind something?

It was utterly pathetic.

Just now, DocLawless said:

Fine, but are they above a question that insinuates insult? They are paid quite a bit to do a job in which they failed this evening. Is that not fair to say?

Paying people doesn't confer some right to insult them from a safe distance.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

14 pts is a lot in a game where the conditions make it really hard to score. They allowed over 200 rushing yards and allowed the pats to move the ball and keep the Bills offense off of the field when we had the wind

No.  The Bills and Pats both had 10 possessions.  The Bills had more offensive snaps.  The Bills defense forced 6 punts.  The Bills defense gave up 4 drives of 25 yards or more, resulting in 1 TD and 2 FG.  They had multiple 3 and out drives.  The offense is the problem.  

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea for as well as the Patriots were running the ball they didn’t score a whole lot of points… Bills offense ***** the bed and their pants again…. I still can’t stand the hard count try to draw them off sides and then Allen pees his pants throws an air ball and wastes a down looking for the Offside flag… just shows a complete lack of confidence in themselves. 

Sullivan’s a dick… but somethings up in the locker room JMO. 

To be fair the last few times have been clear Offside imo 

Just now, Simon said:

And would you walk up to those guys right after that game and tell them they should be embarrassed?

It was utterly pathetic.

You're right, he comes off as a bitter fan like I would, and I did say I didn't think it was professionally worded, but he is technically allowed to ask whatever he wants. I think Hyde would be less frustrated if he didn't think Sully was right IMO

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

Our offense looked worse with the wind to be honest lol…we had outrageous field position quite a few times with the wind and bungled it 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

16 minutes ago, Simon said:

It was utterly pathetic.

Paying people doesn't confer some right to insult them from a safe distance.

It's not like Sullivan asked a hard hitting question about football. Imagine if Hyde's response was "aren't you embarrassed that you write for the Niagara Gazette?"

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

I don’t know why they are so mad at the question. Bill Belichick just called them embarrassing for 60 minutes by running the same play over and over daring them to stop the run. 

They should be ***** embarrassed.

They gave up 14 measly points.

Tell me how it was their fault that the offense could only score 3 points when inside of the red zone 3 different times and 10 points being inside of Patriots territory 6 different times?

For giving up so many rushing yards the Patriots were only in Buffalo territory 3 times all game.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

It was a fair question given the game

And probably why they are so mad.  They ran every play and only scored 6 then a 2pt. conversion on a run! 

Bills weren't getting them to pass no matter what.

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

They gave up 14 measly points.

Tell me how it was their fault that the offense could only score 3 points when inside of the red zone 3 different times and 10 points being inside of Patriots territory 6 different times?

For giving up so many rushing yards the Patriots were only in Buffalo territory 3 times all game.

+1.

6 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Sullivan is a jersey, we all know this, as well as a troll to get a negative response. 

The two "captains" took the bait and basically blamed the offense for the loss.  Not really a good look.  This team is *****

I watch the video could you tell me where he blamed the offense

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

So much negativity I might as well jump in. Sullivan is right, they had their ass handed to them in a unique way. Could not stop an offense running goal line formations. 

But they did stop an offense running goal line formations.  They only scored 1 TD and 2 FGs... We're you expecting a shut out?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Like it or not, the weather caused the Bills offense to misfire.  The fumble was deep in NE* zone...

NE* minimized their risk with only 3 passes and had better backs.  Harris was ground up so much, he's hobbled now.

They won.   It can't be a weekly plan to grind your team down.  Just win in Foxborough.  Better yet, win next week. Bills have the ability to hang a lot on Tampa...

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

I don’t know why they are so mad at the question. Bill Belichick just called them embarrassing for 60 minutes by running the same play over and over daring them to stop the run. 

Didn’t sound like an attempt to shame them or insult them; just an honest question given a historic loss where a rookie Qb threw only   3  passes for under 29 yards. If you feel insulted maybe you should look at the results and wonder how often has a rookie Qb lead a team to victory while only throwing the ball  3 times.   If your pride was so hurt by just a question , perhaps you should have played with a little more passion ON THE FIELD, and not transfer your anger to a reporter trying to do his job well.

You get paid a .ot of $ to Win games and this was  an historic loss. Going to be hearing about it a lot for Years to come. Let’s add it to things like HAIL MURRAY,  MUSIC CITY MIRACLE, 4 SB losses , giving up 5 tds  to single player from the colts, Wide Right, etc.  if you are pissed by  being part of historic performances, try being on the RIGHT / WINNing side of history for a change and see if you still get pissed off being asked about it. You create your own legacy and reputation; you should cherish it more before being pissed when it’s you who tarnished it !

They never get pissed off when asked about the Houston  comeback game, do they?!  It’s a two way street , have to accept questions about playing poorly with the same grace they are so eager to do  after winning! Hyde’s reaction just embarrassed himself more ( and I really usually respect him very much) and he should show class and apologize!  All he has to say was hey , I was still feeling it in that moment, we left ourselves and fans down and it was still painful. Everybody can relate and RESPECT   THAT !  attacking and threatening to remember the question was classless and not like hyde , but it was a mistake on his part.   They set themselves up for ridicule ; accept responsibility and let it go and it would nit continue to live on like it will after that threat! 😊.  Sure was not HUMBLE acting like that! Maybe he was hangry!?  Lol!  

5 hours ago, Simon said:

That's an insulting question.

One of them should have asked if him if he's embarrassed to be an ass.

I don’t like Sully but I also didn’t have a problem with the question.  He had a point.  The defense couldn’t get NE off the field.  I think Hyde was being a bit too sensitive, it was a bad performance 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Lol. The Bickering Bills are back. “What was the score, 14-10?”

In bad conditions they got run all over. The points might not add up but they should be taking some blame. Two weeks ago what was the ***** score when the Colts ran all over ya? 

Edited by BananaB
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, FireChans said:

Minus 1 big run , we did a helluva job. 2 scoring possessions..

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

what’s funny is that if Bass made that FG, we probably win this game 16-14. 

If NaKeal Harry isn’t a Moron and touch that punt pats win 14-3. Also let’s face it the Bills were gifted the FG as well by that horrible personal foul call. (Pushing Allen out of bounds when he leaped in the air.)

Point is both teams could have had more and or less points.

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He's actually a very good writer.

I know he's utterly despised here, but this is a forum of kool aid drinking homers.

He’s actually a terrible writer who’s lost every job he’s had because of it and his ‘brand’ of BS. 

Much like yourself, actually. Go ahead, place your little negative icon here. It’s what fringe fans do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.