Weather Forecast for Monday

Awwufelloff

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Celsius, Italian Dude

No, it just means the probability of high wind events is lower so it'll just be 17-22g25-30 instead of 55 to 60

But yeah, looks like bands of Lake Effect snow and whether/where they hit, who knows?

Welp, I'll be sitting there in whatever mother nature dishes out. I just hope everything calms down by the end of the game. Don't need a 4 hour ride back to the Roc. I park in lot 1, so I take 20A to either  Strykersville or Warsaw and head north to the Thruway from there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Welp, I'll be sitting there in whatever mother nature dishes out. I just hope everything calms down by the end of the game. Don't need a 4 hour ride back to the Roc. I park in lot 1, so I take 20A to either  Strykersville or Warsaw and head north to the Thruway from there.

I know that area well and you are going out of your way, practically all the way to Letchworth. You are much better taking 20a to Rt. 77 and head north through Bennington, Darien Center, Corfu... and catch the 90 in Pembroke. That is a hassle free stretch of road that basically just goes south to north.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They will be in their base nickel D imo. Jones *AHEM* MJ10 🙄 has been good at diagnosing the blitz pre -snap based on the other team’s personnel packages. That won’t be an option this week for him. The Bills always “look” the same personnel wise pre -snap. He won’t have the pre-snap “tell”. 

But yet he is one of the worst QBs in the league when he does gets blitzed

19 minutes ago, TBBills said:

So the winds will die down before the game starts?

NOAA forecasts winds of 21-30mph for OP on Monday night with gusts as high as 45mph.

Potential for a minor accumulation of LES(inch or two maybe) as well but dry air behind the frontal passage will prevent anything significant.

11 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

The high wind warning is only til 8 pm Monday night. Does that mean the wind just stops?? Hell to the F no. Still gonna be windy AF during game time. The snow is anybody's guess. 

Usually the wind calms down a little before the expiration of the warning.  I suspect the NWS manages expectations that way.   Good news is these guys probably had a nice practice in the stadium in the wind yesterday.   It was WINDY near the stadium in OP. 

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Usually the wind calms down a little before the expiration of the warning.  I suspect the NWS manages expectations that way.   Good news is these guys probably had a nice practice in the stadium in the wind yesterday.   It was WINDY near the stadium in OP. 

Forecast on NOAA site for Monday Night is for 21-30mph winds with 45 mph gusts. Hourly, the wind speed goes from 24mph at kickoff to 21 mph by end of game...it's going to be windy.

Edited by Big Turk

The second phase of this wind event will be post-frontal winds Monday afternoon and evening. The track of the deepening surface low is quite favorable (maybe a little too far northwest of our area), but the strength of the post-frontal wind fields is marginal. Latest guidance shows 40-50 knots at 850 mb, which will support at least advisory level gusts (50 mph) but is marginal to 60 mph. Some model runs have also shown a wave of low pressure developing along the front, which can diminish post-frontal wind fields. There is no doubt Monday will be windy, but given the uncertainty in magnitude have left the High Wind Watch up for the Niagara Frontier to Monroe County. Also, winds on Monday will be more widespread, as opposed to downslope winds which are more localized. Because of this, maintained most wind headlines through at least early Monday evening.

4 minutes ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

The second phase of this wind event will be post-frontal winds Monday afternoon and evening. The track of the deepening surface low is quite favorable (maybe a little too far northwest of our area), but the strength of the post-frontal wind fields is marginal. Latest guidance shows 40-50 knots at 850 mb, which will support at least advisory level gusts (50 mph) but is marginal to 60 mph. Some model runs have also shown a wave of low pressure developing along the front, which can diminish post-frontal wind fields. There is no doubt Monday will be windy, but given the uncertainty in magnitude have left the High Wind Watch up for the Niagara Frontier to Monroe County. Also, winds on Monday will be more widespread, as opposed to downslope winds which are more localized. Because of this, maintained most wind headlines through at least early Monday evening.

Favorable for what?

5 minutes ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

The deepening surface lows track

Like i've said many times on this site, I cant force Reading Comprehension, but help guide instead

So "favorable" refers to a concept from a previous post, and not anything at all in that post.  And you're implying there's a reading comprehension issue?  Got it.

35 minutes ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

Did someone hijack your account from the guy that started it?

2 hours ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

To quote Judge Chamberlain Haller-- "u on drugs?"

WGRZ channel 2 guy says only 1/2 inch of snow for the game, OR LESS.  Says won't be particularly rainy or snowy game; will be WINDY GAME.

Tailgating all afternoon long should be terrible with rain and high winds.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/weather/some-snow-wind-possible-for-the-bills-vs-patriots-game/71-35bc3a62-72f4-49dd-95bf-eda05c9c3c31

You would think by now, Daboll, Josh and the offense understand how to play in the wind in that stadium. Ya can’t waste too many downs throwing 20+ yard patterns in those conditions either into the wind or against it.   All it does is waste a down or risk a pick.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

You would think by now, Daboll, Josh and the offense understand how to play in the wind in that stadium. Ya can’t waste too many downs throwing 20+ yard patterns in those conditions either into the wind or against it.   All it does is waste a down or risk a pick.

Not sure Daboll has figured much of anything out at this point.

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Typical Buffalo weather. We are built to beat NE.  Easy game incoming. 

Is this sarcasm or full on denial?

We are not built for bad weather, and we're definitely not built for beating this NE team... I'm so confused about how you think playing against a disciplined, strong running, tough & opportunistic defensive team, especially in bad weather, is an "easy game."

Oh, and this team is run by a HOF HC who is prepping them. No QB has beat Belichick 3 times in a row, so it's not like there's history favoring us either. 

Yeah, the Bills definitely can win. But man, this false bravado & crazy talk just puts out bad juju to jinx us! Yes, I'm superstitious as hell 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I trust Josh’s arm more than Jones.

I trust Jones will have on a throwing glove, and I bet Josh won’t have one going with the hand warmer. 

My concern is that arm strength will not be the deciding factor. In that weather running the ball and stopping the run is even more critical. I’m not sure how well we stack up there. This works against us. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Can't wait to see tomorrow's KBUF TAF. Current one still has gusts at 50+ mph through the end of the forecast (7pm local), just before game time. No precip.

KBUF 052347Z 0600/0624 10012KT P6SM BKN050 WS020/18040KT
  FM060200 15014G22KT 6SM -RA BKN035 WS020/18050KT
  FM060600 18020G34KT 6SM -RA BR SCT025 OVC035 WS015/19050KT
  FM060900 19022G32KT P6SM OVC035
  FM061200 19016G26KT 6SM -SHRA BR OVC025
  FM061600 23020G36KT P6SM VCSH SCT015 OVC025
  FM061900 25025G46KT P6SM BKN035

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

My concern is that arm strength will not be the deciding factor. In that weather running the ball and stopping the run is even more critical. I’m not sure how well we stack up there. This works against us. 

It doesn't sound like it's going to be THAT different from the Ravens game, especially as the game goes on.

Allen did connect 23 times in that game, and threw for over 200 yards.  It wasn't great, and we didn't score much - but it hurt the more "run oriented" Ravens much more, with their great kicker missing 2 medium-range FG's.

Just now, Buffalo619 said:

We are confident. Being scared about playing an opponent is not our culture.  We swept them this year and we expect to do it again this year. This negative, low self esteem BS may work for the Sabres but our Bills are winners. Expect to win because we will. 

I feel like there's a difference between "confidence" and calling ANY opponent in the NFL an "easy game," let alone the Patriots...

Especially, you know, when you showed you can lose 6-9 against the Jaguars. 

Questioning that comment has nothing to do with "being scared."

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.