Weather Forecast for Monday

Awwufelloff

14 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I saw the European model.  Not good.  That’s the “good amount of lake snow” setup.  I love the snow, but hopefully we don’t get it this Monday.  Or, we get it when we’re up by four touchdowns.  Go Bills. 

it's the wind that will be the problem

Yeah - snow is not a big deal for QB's.  The wind is a different story.

Allen has a clear advantage over Jones in that case, if you're just comparing the 2.  But we're not just comparing the 2 - the Patriots are MUCH more built for that kind of game. Their entire season has been running to set up the pass. And they have a great run game.

Could be a distinct disadvantage, but we just have to roll w/ it. No controlling it or changing anything.  

I feel like they need to take these late season & playoff games into more consideration when constructing the team, quite honestly. I love what Beane has done & I'm sure he has thought of this, but here we are.  If it's really windy, it hurts this team (just like the Ravens game in the playoffs).

33 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I just want to see Mac Jones to throw a ball that the wind turns right around back at him. 

I was at game in the early 90's, against the Cardinals IIRC, where they punted and the ball went straight up, went backwards on it's way down landing behind the line of scrimmage... it was comical.

• Haha (+1) 1

A couple days ago the forecast was 28 degrees with 10mph winds. Lol. 

This might be the game that convinces everyone that a dome is a necessity.

53 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I just want to see Mac Jones to throw a ball that the wind turns right around back at him. 

Mac Jones dinks and dunks. Allen believes he can throw through anything. Allen will be affected more. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A couple days ago the forecast was 28 degrees with 10mph winds. Lol. 

This might be the game that convinces everyone that a dome is a necessity.

Mac Jones drinks and dunks. Allen believes he can throw through anything. Allen will be affected more. 

Regardless of how intoxicated Mac Jones is when playing basketball, I think Allen is built better for the weather. 

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Regardless of how intoxicated Mac Jones is when playing basketball, I think Allen is built better for the weather. 

Allen can be built better, but he struggles in bad weather. He doesn't know how to play in bad weather. Plus he's always been a fumbler. Allen needs to use short passes.

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I beg you— please build a dome or a retractable roof or a huge wall. The wind is the problem.  It’s going to

make this game unwatchable. I guarantee you neither QB has more than 150 yards passing. 

I'm hoping the wind calms by 830 pm. 

I don't understand why some fans are hoping for open air stadium. It makes no sense to me. A closed roof stadium would be incredibly loud and give us a huge advantage. The Bills rarely even practice outside anymore due to conditions. Let's think.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

People love to watch football games.   The rest of your post is irrelevant to football's popularity.

Put a dome on it and then instead of looking back fondly on an occasional fun/bad football game played in weather conditions that altered the outcome............maybe you can look back on many more games where your elite QB carved up opposing defenses in a climate controlled conditions in front of his home crowd............while at the same time allowing the team to compete on a more level playing field financially and for player acquisition and retention.    

You need to watch pro football in the snow?    Watch the CFL playoffs.   Hamilton is one win away from reaching the Grey Cup and the game is being hosted in Hamilton this year.   Never gonna' be a dome over Tim Horton's Field.

I was making a point that many people enjoy watching a snow game, whether from their couch or live. Nowhere did I say it had anything to do with the popularity of football. Also never said I wanted every game to be played in the snow. 🙋‍♂️

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

I was making a point that many people enjoy watching a snow game, whether from their couch or live. Nowhere did I say it had anything to do with the popularity of football. Also never said I wanted every game to be played in the snow. 🙋‍♂️

Snow games are fun, wind games are not. Bad part about Buffalo is its normally wind and precipitation. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Snow games are fun, wind games are not. Bad part about Buffalo is its normally wind and precipitation. 

I just saw that now they are calling for winds up to 60 mph for Monday Night. Should make things very interesting.

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Allen can be built better, but he struggles in bad weather. He doesn't know how to play in bad weather. Plus he's always been a fumbler. Allen needs to use short passes.

I'm hoping the wind calms by 830 pm. 

Not disagreeing necessarily, but why do you say he struggles in bad weather? 

It is hard to say who will benefit more from this forecast.  The easy answer might be NE with the supposed better run game, but not so fast.  If throwing conditions are indeed difficult, give me the guy with the strongest arm every time.  If I am the Bills, I load up against the run on early downs and dare Jones to beat me with his arm.  His game is based on timing and accuracy.  The cold, wind, and precipitation will be a major disadvantage for him.  The Bills will still have a pass or run threat, including Allen running.  

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, FLFan said:

It is hard to say who will benefit more from this forecast.  The easy answer might be NE with the supposed better run game, but not so fast.  If throwing conditions are indeed difficult, give me the guy with the strongest arm every time.  If I am the Bills, I load up against the run on early downs and dare Jones to beat me with his arm.  His game is based on timing and accuracy.  The cold, wind, and precipitation will be a major disadvantage for him.  The Bills will still have a pass or run threat, including Allen running.  

That's actually a great point. Even though Allen has struggled in wet windy conditions he's still going to try and throw it all over the field. Patriots still have to cover the entire field. Bills can load up without worrying Mac Jones will beat them over the top.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.