Excluding JA, predict which player will have the biggest impact - Colts at Bills

BillsFan619

I’m going back-and-forth between two players. They’re both on the defense.

On one hand, while Jonathan Taylor will get his yards, we still need to contain him. That said, I also agree with some people who have posted on the forum that the focus should be more stopping the passing game and letting Jonathan Taylor get his yards.

i’m leaning towards containing Jonathan Taylor. If I’m not mistaken, I heard a stat this week that the Colts are undefeated when Taylor gets over 100 yards. So, I’m picking AJ Klein as my impact player over Tre White.

Who ya got?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Klein

He could be huge. Run stop and rush passer. Plays the Lorenzo Alexander role. Colts don’t have many playmakers outside Taylor and Pittman. Wentz is a sneaky good scrambler too. Let Klein stare into the backfield and hunt the ball. 
On offense, I think we see another week of Diggs benefiting from play-action and Josh being under center. 

10 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I hope it's Edmunds, Oliver or Milano. We can't let Taylor do what Henry did to us. Star needs to play well.

I don't think Henry was that bad on us what he had 146 yards rushing with 76 of them on one run where you can make a point that three of our guys were getting held.  So Taylor doesn't scare me until he does.

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The right side of the Bills OL 

For this I don't understand the Bills philosophy...they preach next man up...but then when one of our O-line men are out they switch up the whole line no matter how long you have been in the game the mental part is important and the muscle memory is too.  When you practice one way all training camp and get in a grove then the coaches tell you to switch spots it hasn't been working for the Bills.  So my idea is...if the Bills really are set on the phrase "next man up" then leave the four that played last week as is (Dawkins, Boettger, Morris, Williams) and put either Bates or Doyle in at RT and give them some help with the TE or RB to help with blocking if need be.  I mean Doyle is our Swing Tackle is he not so let him play.  If the Bills did this I wouldn't be so worried about the Right side of the line.  If they keep switching guys around on the line then I have a problem....I really think that is what messed Ford up, not that I am a fan of his, but I never thought he got a fare shake.  I know some positions you can mix and match players but the O-line is not one of them.  

As for my "biggest impact" player this week....

Defense is going to be Oliver I don't think you will see it on the stat sheet but I think he will cause JT to adjust and run into our coverage....and I think Oliver will get in the back field on passing downs doing the same thing cause a couple of turnovers. I also think Harry will play a big part in this as well if Star can go.

Offense i think it is going to be Davis, I think he is due for a big game. I also hope our RB's can hold on to the ball this week Singletary and Matt both coughed it up last week which scares me since the Colts defense causes a lot of TO as well.  

Its Cody Ford/ Bobby Hart/ Tommy Doyle/ Bates.  Who ever starts on the right side of the line will be a big factor in the outcome Sunday.  If they are average we will be alright.  If they are terrible we will be in for some trouble.  Allen has played Houdini before but not ideal. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I just dont understand why they wont give Ryan Bates a shot at OG

Cause he’s the back up center.  I don’t think it would be wise to risk him to injury at another position while Feliciano is out also.  That would really complicate things of Morse who’s concussion prone goes down. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Cause he’s the back up center.  I don’t think it would be wise to risk him to injury at another position while Feliciano is out also.  That would really complicate things of Morse who’s concussion prone goes down. 

We have other guys that can play center (Boagtner I think) the guy they brought up from the practice squad last week for sure

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.