Week 11 Colts Week

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I hope you're right about Sunday ... but I think you're wrong about him. 

I am worried about this game, but because I am worried about Taylor. Especially with Star potentially out I worry he can keep Indy ahead of the sticks all day and our defense really relies on forcing the mistake that puts you behind the sticks. Jonathan Taylor is special. 

• Like (+1) 1

So do we know for sure that Star is out? Was it said that he actually had covid or was just a contact? maybe i missed that part.

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Your kidding yourself if you believe that.

Just like how the Chiefs ended our season last year, we did the same to the Colts and quite frankly they should have won the game compared to the Bills who were pretty much done at halftime against the Chiefs.

They will be very motivated to beat the Bills for that reason alone, in addition to the fact they know the AFC is wide open at 5-5 they are poised to make run like many other teams right now.

LOLOL. of course.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am worried about this game, but because I am worried about Taylor. Especially with Star potentially out I worry he can keep Indy ahead of the sticks all day and our defense really relies on forcing the mistake that puts you behind the sticks. Jonathan Taylor is special. 

I get that, but the last time Wentz played in Buffalo, he played really well. It wasn't that long ago!

Edited by dave mcbride

16 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Just like how the Chiefs ended our season last year, we did the same to the Colts and quite frankly they should have won the game compared to the Bills who were pretty much done at halftime against the Chiefs.

They will be very motivated to beat the Bills for that reason alone, in addition to the fact they know the AFC is wide open at 5-5 they are poised to make run like many other teams right now.

I agree with CincyBillsFan, last years game will have little to no impact for this game.

These are pro teams looking to get into the playoffs.

48 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Last years playoff game will have zero impact on this game.  Both Indy & the Bills should be motivated to win now that we're in the playoff hunt stretch.

And I fear an accurate, patient QB like Rivers more then I do Wentz. Sure, it will be a tough game but I see the Bills taking it by 7 - 10 points.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think those Colts players/Reich etc aren't foaming at the mouth for this game and have that loss in the back of their mind. Basically same exact roster expect for Wentz, therefor imo last years playoff game will have an impact on this game.

Now however the Bills handle it is a different story. Don't know if Star will be available but we will for sure need him against Colts rushing attack

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Scooping the Yolo man.  
Outrageous I tell ya!!!

The Colts and Wentz.  
hmmmm. I hear he’s playing well 

maybe a Statement win at SF?

Cold weather guy

Get R Done Buffalo 🦬 

I mean no disrespect to our Lord & Savior @YoloinOhio .   I was up all night, saw and read all the post game comments/videos/interviews, put the Jet game behind me and turned my attention to Indy. 
Still wish I could do the same with the Jag game..🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I realize the Jaguars game skewered many of this fan bases view of this team and I see many seem to think the Colts are some kind of amazing force despite their 5 losses.

Simply put if the Bills play like their capable of this game won’t be close Colts aren’t dynamic and play a very steady methodical kinda game and rely on you making mistakes.  

Many teams have stumbled so far this season. But the November Wind is a Pirate. This is separation time. I think this game makes and breaks the season for either team by its outcome.

3 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Not exactly about the Colts game but looking at the current standings - Who do you root for in the Pats-Titans game in two weeks? I'm thinking you have to root for the Pats right if we're to have any shot at the bye week in the playoffs.

I just can’t root for NE*. EVER!

5 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

They match perfectly as our kryptonite. 
Big bodied receiver in Pittman who can catch everything thrown his way. 
Taylor running up the gut, Hines as the receiving back. 
Buckner manhandling the interior O line (the biggest issue in my opinion the pressure up the gut) 

Everyones favorite linebacker to compare edmunds to. 
It’s definitely gonna be to quote wrestlings Jim Ross a “slobberknocker” 

Agreed. I felt like we were outplayed and escaped with that win in the playoffs last year. I hate the match-up.

Bills will have to play mistake-free football, and force Wentz into some bad mistakes. Can't have our RB's fumbling the ball, and those bad penalties and sacks. 

Also, I think the Colts mostly play cover 2, with that 2-man shell. It's exactly the type of defense that we have a hard time with-- going to have to run the ball and do quick hitters. Take all the underneath stuff. 

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I get that, but the last time Wentz played in Buffalo, he played really well. It wasn't that long ago!

Again behind an absolutely dominant rushing attack and throwing for fewer than 200 yards. If we give up 170 yards rushing to their running backs Indy will beat us. If Carson has to throw on our defense to move the ball, Bills win. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Again behind an absolutely dominant rushing attack and throwing for fewer than 200 yards. If we give up 170 yards rushing to their running backs Indy will beat us. If Carson has to throw on our defense to move the ball, Bills win. 

His passing numbers do not tell you anything about how well he played. He made a bunch of big plays at crucial moments.

3 hours ago, Process said:

Colts are definitely being overrated a bit here. Their defense is good at forcing turnovers but is otherwise terrible. 

If the Bills are on their game we should win comfortably. 

Reading this thread reminds me of the end of last year when everyone was terrified of playing the Ravens in the playoffs.

Agreed. The national perception on the Colts seems to be more optimistic than Indy's own fan site/beat reporters. You have to respect every opponent and Jonathan Taylor is a true difference maker, but the Bills should win this game. The article below from the Indy version of Buffalo Rumblings points out a lot of inconsistency in their recent play...

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/11/14/22781998/knee-jerk-reactions-colts-survive-putrid-offensive-second-half-to-beat-jags-23-17

Indy is a better team than some we have faced lately, but that goes both ways. In the Colt's five wins in 2021, they have beaten Jacoby Brissett, Davis Mills, Jimmy G, Mike White/Josh Johnson, and Trevor Lawrence. If our offensive line plays like it did on Sunday against a strong Jets defensive line, Josh Allen and the passing offense should find a lot of success. 

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I mean no disrespect to our Lord & Savior @YoloinOhio .   I was up all night, saw and read all the post game comments/videos/interviews, put the Jet game behind me and turned my attention to Indy. 
Still wish I could do the same with the Jag game..🤦‍♂️

Yeah that was a tough kidney punch lol. Shows the "any given Sunday" quote is a real thing. I know how much confidence that not only the players, but also most fans have in this coaching staff when it comes to keeping the team focused and never over looking any team and all that, I feel like with the OL struggling at times and then add in the injuries on the OL , with Knox being out along with Josh just having one of those bad games (yes refs too), all that was tough on them

In other words, I don't think for one second Bills "over looked" the Jags or that McD and co. didn't have them ready.

I try to avoid getting too serious on a single game, but this game realllyyy feels like a massive swing game season wise. There is a lot at stake as this is an AFC conference game which we share with NE also. A win and your a 7-3 going into the toughest stretch with NOLA, NE, TB which buys you some leash if you go 1-2 in those games and gives you the tie breaker vs IND.

If you lose IND is 6-5 and one game back, the Pats are potentially tied standings wise with, you have another AFC conference loss which god forbid they don't win division and now its a battle wildcard wise, and the generally energy/mood reallyy will hit a tough point.

I personally think IND in a certain way is a paper tiger in terms of their wins masking talent being out or not as high as you think, BUT they are well coach and seem to have found a decent identity at this point with their run game and Wentz not messing up too bad. So I guess what I am saying is I have BUF winning a really tight game vs IND 27-21, but they are a Wentz turnover or two from this being 40-17 also. I do not think IND has much room to mess up without the Bills making the game out of reach quickly.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So do we know for sure that Star is out? Was it said that he actually had covid or was just a contact? maybe i missed that part.

LOLOL. of course.

this ***** is the absolute worse.  the same people who told us for years that there are no moral victories, are now the same ones saying we should never have won the game.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

Yup.  I think 13-4 is what it will take to clinch the #1 seed without relying on tiebreakers, which means Tennessee needs to lose three games.  Their schedule looks horribly easy on paper, however...

Hate to quote myself but [LAMP] the post above was #30K!  That's a lot of bad football I've been posting about for years.  Geez.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Bills strength of victory .316% lowest in NFL

Schedule is about to get real

Here we go Buffalo!

It's cliche but we are going to find out exactly who the Bills are in the next four weeks.

And still think the Jags loss could ultimately haunt this team and cost them the division/seeding/etc.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Reich just mentioned earlier today that Nelson is fine, but did not have an update on Leonard. Saw he got banged up at the end of the Jags game yesterday.

Something to monitor as the week progresses...

Nelson might play as he did yesterday but doubt he will be healthy. He played with an injured ankle for the remainder of the game and didn’t look like himself 

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not really that was the Philip Rivers last chance time, this is totally different now. 

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They also kept their starters in the game when it was well out of reach and continued to chuck it down field. 

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This was a little puzzling to me and almost seemed like they were blatantly trying to pad stats against such a garbage defense???

I'd guess it had much more to do with helping the offense regain their confidence and form than it did with padding stats. McDermott does NOT seem like the stat padding type.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I'd guess it had much more to do with helping the offense regain their confidence and form than it did with padding stats. McDermott does NOT seem like the stat padding type.

True but it was a big time risk keeping Allen and other starters out there so long with the game well in hand to begin the 4th quarter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They also kept their starters in the game when it was well out of reach and continued to chuck it down field. 

Yeah, I figured it was because there was still quite a bit of time on the clock in the 4th quarter, but yeah, starters stayed out longer than I thought they would

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.