Week 11 Colts Week

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

You won't go to the uniform reveal thread. Click on the uniform gridiron database link and scroll ahead to week 13. Bills rocking the all white throwbacks vs the Pats on MNF.

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

You won't go to the uniform reveal thread. Click on the uniform gridiron database link and scroll ahead to week 13. Bills rocking the all white throwbacks vs the Pats on MNF.

Thanks.  I did not realize that site had uniforms for games that far out.  Will check it out.  For the  Pats game, I approve!  

• Like (+1) 1

Just rewatching the 2020 game and a few thoughts:

We should be proud won this game. Some folks speak about this game like we got like lucky, but we were in a knife fight and stuck in there, and came out on top.

Josh Allen too is remembered as playing bad when he was electric and made a ton of crazy plays.

The Colts were motivated. This was the playoffs, this was Rivers last tour. He wanted it bad.

Rivers release was ungodly quick. We got decent pressure and he was so wired in. 

This is an underrated game in the lore of this team. Bills fans should not talk about this like some strange embarrassing incident. We're tough. We hung in there and played tough the next week too. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

What a relief.

Great that they will wear throwbacks twice this season. Would be even better if the Patriots* wore their throwbacks for that game too.

9 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I hate the throwbacks…especially at night.

Give me the blues over white.

I have said my peace.

Also ranch over blue cheese.

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

42 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

We should be proud won this game. Some folks speak about this game like we got like lucky, but we were in a knife fight and stuck in there, and came out on top.

Josh Allen too is remembered as playing bad when he was electric and made a ton of crazy plays.

The Colts were motivated. This was the playoffs, this was Rivers last tour. He wanted it bad.

Rivers release was ungodly quick. We got decent pressure and he was so wired in. 

This is an underrated game in the lore of this team. Bills fans should not talk about this like some strange embarrassing incident. We're tough. We hung in there and played tough the next week too. 

Huh? No one thought Allen played bad, he is the reason we won. He played lights out.

Daboll and the game plan were terrible (shocking). Colts secondary was awful and their weakness on D, and if I remember correctly Daboll kept calling ridiculous QB runs all game.

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Huh? No one thought Allen played bad, he is the reason we won. He played lights out.

Daboll and the game plan were terrible (shocking). Colts secondary was awful and their weakness on D, and if I remember correctly Daboll kept calling ridiculous QB runs all game.

Sometimes I also wonder how much of that 'bad gameplan' stuff is just the other side being very effective at gameplanning against our offense. If your secondary is weak, you lean on your defensive line and linebackers, but keep the further back from the LOS to keep the ball in front, present a favorable front for running and short passes and discourage throws to your backfield.

I think Daboll is a good OC, and Allen is a great QB but you also have to acknowledge Eberfluss and Reich on the other side. They did everything they could to give us looks that would shine light away from their weakness and we generally always took the bait.

Edited by uninja

4 minutes ago, eball said:

By whom?  Anyone and everyone pretty much said he was the best player on the field and the only reason the Bills won.

Sometime around Steelers/first Miami game someone was saying he hadn't played well for 4 or 5 games counting the playoff games. I would never discount people having terrible takes.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I hate the throwbacks…especially at night.

Give me the blues over white.

I have said my peace.

Also ranch over blue cheese.

I would love the throwbacks more if we wore them with a blue jersey instead of all-white.

• Like (+1) 1

I had to run to the store and heard Josh press conference on WGR.  Didn't hear the full question but it was something about stretching the field against the Jets.  Allen said something to the effect of " We just have to execute what Daboll sees.  Whether that is a 30 yard pass downfield or a 3 yard pass in front of the line. "  

This is the second comment from or about Daboll where its all about executing the game plan.  I really hope that plan is flexible.  It's not always about execution.  Sometimes game plans simply don't work.  Also the way Allen made its sound is they throw where Daboll says to throw.  I am probably not using the right words to express what I mean here so I hope its understood what I mean.

Edited by Scott7975

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Did he forget about Derrick Henry?

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

They are both great RB's but given the choice I would rather face Taylor. Tackling Henry is like trying to tackle Godzilla.

Considering Hyde made a difficult open-field tackle where Henry flattened him but he hung on long enough for the rest of the team to get there...Imma go with:

"he said what he said"

Henry broke a long run against us.  Otherwise, Bills contained him to 70 yds on 21 carries.  His major effect was that they were too busy worrying about Henry to do enough covering the pass.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I had to run to the store and heard Josh press conference on WGR.  Didn't hear the full question but it was something about stretching the field against the Jets.  Allen said something to the effect of " We just have to execute what Daboll sees.  Whether that is a 30 yard pass downfield or a 3 yard pass in front of the line. "  

This is the second comment from or about Daboll where its all about executing the game plan.  I really hope that plan is flexible.  It's not always about execution.  Sometimes game plans simply don't work.  Also the way Allen made its sound is they throw where Daboll says to throw.  I am probably not using the right words to express what I mean here so I hope its understood what I mean.

This is a great example of fans just trying to get themselves worked up over nothing.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

They are both great RB's but given the choice I would rather face Taylor. Tackling Henry is like trying to tackle Godzilla.

He’s played and had to defend both so it’s his opinion… but he didn’t say who was better, just that Taylor is the hardest runner they will face. Like if the colts say Beasley is the cleanest route runner they will play all year, they aren’t saying he’s a better WR than AJ Brown. 

• Like (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s played and had to defend both so it’s his opinion… but he didn’t say who was better, just that Taylor is the hardest runner they will face. Like if the colts say Beasley is the cleanest route runner they will play all year, they aren’t saying he’s a better WR than AJ Brown. 

Taylor definitely has more twitch. He's 225 and super explosive. Doesnt surprise me one bit if somebody says he's the hardest runner. Henry seems to have a bit more glide to him whereas Taylor is all explosion. I'm sure its not pleasant to try and stop.

There seems to be this thought that the Bills need to sell out against the run.  I think that is the opposite approach that the Bills should be taking.  The Bills defense going back a few years now biggest weakness is when offenses are able to get the Bills off balance with a run/play action pass attack over the middle.   The way I see it is that in order for the Bills to win against these sort of teams is by playing good complimentary football.  

The base nickel defense unlike other years has shown they can do an effective job stopping the run.  With the way this defense is setup and playing, I'd take my chances with teams attempting to nickel and dime their way down the field.  I think this defense is too good to allow teams to do that consistently.  When the defense begins to play poorly is when they try to over commit to the run and allow the play action to run roughshod over them.

Stick to the way they have been playing defense, preach stopping the run, playing good gap integrity with sound tackling but play the base defense that they have been and not look to overcommit to stop the run.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Magox said:

There seems to be this thought that the Bills need to sell out against the run.  I think that is the opposite approach that the Bills should be taking.  The Bills defense going back a few years now biggest weakness is when offenses are able to get the Bills off balance with a run/play action pass attack over the middle.   The way I see it is that in order for the Bills to win against these sort of teams is by playing good complimentary football.  

The base nickel defense unlike other years has shown they can do an effective job stopping the run.  With the way this defense is setup and playing, I'd take my chances with teams attempting to nickel and dime their way down the field.  I think this defense is too good to allow teams to do that consistently.  When the defense begins to play poorly is when they try to over commit to the run and allow the play action to run roughshod over them.

Stick to the way they have been playing defense, preach stopping the run, playing good gap integrity with sound tackling but play the base defense that they have been and not look to overcommit to stop the run.

I agree. If I am not mistaken, they have some receivers that can get deep. Keep them contained and force that short pass game while playing good gap integrity,  and we win this game easily. Really glad we have the best safety tandem in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Like you I am shocked at the number of people who say Allen  played poorly in this game.  We see this mostly on 2BD by some posters.  As soon as I see a post claiming Allen didn't play all that well in the Colts game I dismiss that poster as a football illiterate who is simply trolling.

The fact is that Allen played fantastic and that it was one of, if not the best, performance by a QB in the playoffs last season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The fact is that Allen played fantastic and that it was one of, if not the best, performance by a QB in the playoffs last season. 

For real, he had over 300 yards passing, completed over 70% of his passes, was our leading rusher and scored a rushing TD as well. He also made some absolutely batshit sideline throws on that drive right before the half where I think even he was flabbergasted he completed those passes to Davis.

I mean ffs, what more do you want?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.