Week 11 Colts Week

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Keep digging.    I like it.  

And yes,  White was my favorite CB in college football.........that's why I brought him up out of the blue in that December post.   

But keep in mind..........there was trepidation about his fit as a man coverage CB........he wasn't a first round prospect for everyone.    

And with talented man coverage CB's Gilmore and Darby on the roster.........why would anyone think that December that the Bills CB's would be playing mostly the type  of zone coverage that McDermott would later bring with him.    That's why I was willing to think about him as a safety even though I thought he could be a "terrific" corner.     Remember........very poor safety play was a big problem for that 2016 defense.........it was a crying need.  (I was also on the sign Micah Hyde train later that offseason......also a lonely 1 car vessel on TSW).

The transition to McDermott's defense heightened White's value to the Bills.    In this defense his elite intelligence and awareness and run support were able to be accentuated.         

Look, I’m not saying you’re wrong… just don’t misrepresent what you actually said. That’s the whole point. 

You’re behaving like it was some well known fact that you were championing Tre White… it wasn’t… you mentioned him 1 time prior to the Bills selecting him. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

Look, I’m not saying you’re wrong… just don’t misrepresent what you actually said. That’s the whole point. 

No, you're saying I'm wrong............and not acknowledging context etc..   

So your brief research hasn't yielded what you think to be proof............what benefit is it to me to only say how much I liked White after the draft when he hasn't even put the pads on?

If I didn't think it was the right pick I would have said so.

At the time I was being EXCORIATED by people on here for being critical of many of the offseason decisions.     People were still sore at me for saying that Shaq was an underwhelming choice and that Reggie Ragnuts was a garbage pick.    I don't change my takes for anyone's approval.

When you find that post you're looking for..........be sure to start an apology thread..........because this is important.😘

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

It's not that I want to ask; I have to ask, and I hate myself for it.

What is getting tubed by an eagle?

Whoa man,  i don’t make mistakes, Just gnarly accidents... Sorry if i wrote that wrong

Surfing slang - The rapture a surfer feels in a big tube is intense, an exaltation of mind and feelings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

52 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

You’re behaving like it was some well known fact that you were championing Tre White… it wasn’t… you mentioned him 1 time prior to the Bills selecting him. 

Don't hassle the man with logic here.  Just book your seat for the seminar!

• Haha (+1) 6

54 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No, you're saying I'm wrong............and not acknowledging context etc..   

So your brief research hasn't yielded what you think to be proof............what benefit is it to me to only say how much I liked White after the draft when he hasn't even put the pads on?

If I didn't think it was the right pick I would have said so.

At the time I was being EXCORIATED by people on here for being critical of many of the offseason decisions.     People were still sore at me for saying that Shaq was an underwhelming choice and that Reggie Ragnuts was a garbage pick.    I don't change my takes for anyone's approval.

When you find that post you're looking for..........be sure to start an apology thread..........because this is important.😘

You made 1 comment about Tre White prior to the draft, you mentioned 2011 5th round pick Johnny White more than you mentioned Tre’Davious White.

The 1 comment you made was nothing close to a comment with conviction about Tre White being the top corner in the draft. You said he would be a RD2 or RD3 pick… does that mean you didn’t have any CB rated as RD1 picks in 2017?

Then you didn’t discuss the player for about 5 months… until all of a sudden with only one prior instance of discussing Tre’Davious White on the message board, you say he’s your favorite corner. 

For you to make the comment upthread that you were the only person to have Tre White rated as the #1 CB on this message board would have required you to have definitively said something of the sort leading up to the draft. 

You’re completely misrepresenting your support for Tre’Davious White. You mentioned him 1 time and are pretending like you were screaming it from the rooftops leading up to the draft. 

37 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

Buffalo doesn't have Skittles?

With the way he takes care of his "chicken", Marshawn could have a giant vat of skittles delivered and waiting for him everywhere he goes.

Meanwhile, to talk a little football here:

Good: our 'lil Dirty has been climbing the ranks of the KR/PR this season:

Bad:  Look who is one of the most penalized players in the NFL right now 😬

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

You made 1 comment about Tre White prior to the draft, you mentioned 2011 5th round pick Johnny White more than you mentioned Tre’Davious White.

The 1 comment you made was nothing close to a comment with conviction about Tre White being the top corner in the draft. You said he would be a RD2 or RD3 pick… does that mean you didn’t have any CB rated as RD1 picks in 2017?

Then you didn’t discuss the player for about 5 months… until all of a sudden with only one prior instance of discussing Tre’Davious White on the message board, you say he’s your favorite corner. 

For you to make the comment upthread that you were the only person to have Tre White rated as the #1 CB on this message board would have required you to have definitively said something of the sort leading up to the draft. 

You’re completely misrepresenting your support for Tre’Davious White. You mentioned him 1 time and are pretending like you were screaming it from the rooftops leading up to the draft. 

It’s not that badobillz isn’t smart That football stuff he is he’s just a major jerk about it

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah that sounds about right for December prior to that draft.    It wasn't a draft full of dynamic CB talent.    As we got thru the draft process he stood out as the best of the bunch, IMO.   He played a premium position where you want that 5th year option and fit the new system extremely well.    Did I think he would be Jalen Ramsey?   No.  And he hasn't been.   Speed was always the question with him.   Can I see him being a 30 year old safety in this system?........yep.   Hope he is a Bill for life.  So thanks for the refresher.   Hope you weren't disappointed to see me doing as I said.........talking up a player who was mostly invisible to Bills fans during the draft process.:thumbsup: 

Not true - that was a great DB class. Lattimore, Humphrey and White have all emerged from it to be top 10 corners, Shaquille Griffin was in the class, I liked Sideny Jones as well in college although post that pretty gruesome injury he has not performed to his potential in the NFL. White has been the best of the bunch though, no doubt. I had Lattimore #1 and White and Humphrey tied #2, Jones #4 and Adoree Jackson (who has been a bit of a disappointment) #5. It was the class of Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker and Budda Baker too. Was the best class of DB prospects I have ever evaluated coming out. I had something like 25 of my top 100 players that year as DBs. They haven't all worked out, they never do, but that was a really good class. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Awesome!

7 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Ask him about Star.  He went after me all offseason because I said Star would make a difference.

He even sent me a GIF of a starship in space exploding saying “all aboard!”.

He also said that 300+ professional football players can’t do much cardio, don’t workout much in the offseason and must have a sedentary lifestyle to remain big.  He literally said that and then kept arguing it.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Awesome!

He'll just end up blocking him.  That's what he does when he gets called out.  It's the Timmy Graham Discussion Technique.  "I will talk to you, as long as you agree with everything I say."  It's wicked cool.

22 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Offense rank here is "bogus" looks like this is total yards rank, and seeing as how Bills have played 1 less game, Colts have them by a hair in total yards. 

Bills avg 33 pts per game to Colts 26. Very shady ranking! 

No kidding...no idea why anyone would use totals versus averages once we hit the bye weeks.

Colts D are actually 19th in yards/game (Bill #1, obviously), while the Colts offense is 12th in yards/game with the Bills coming in 5th.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Per the Uniform Gridiron Database page the Colts posted all white jersey's at Buffalo. Hoping the Bills go blue over white instead of the all blues or all reds.

I think the blue over blue with solid white socks like the Dallas Thanksgiving game would look good.  Gut is telling me reds though.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Ask him about Star.  He went after me all offseason because I said Star would make a difference.

He even sent me a GIF of a starship in space exploding saying “all aboard!”.

He also said that 300+ professional football players can’t do much cardio, don’t workout much in the offseason and must have a sedentary lifestyle to remain big.  He literally said that and then kept arguing it.

You guys obviously dont get it.... the dude is smarter than you and basically everyone else around here. DEAL WITH IT. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

Most far-out dream last night, guys. My bed turned into a eagle, and i was getting tubed, and i was like “whoa"!

Then i see some numbers, 30-24 Bills win on Sunday fellas. time to mellow out

Sounds like maybe too much sugar before going to bed 😛 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

So this is the Colts week thread?

Trying to be.....

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/top-7-storylines-to-follow-for-bills-vs-colts-week-11

1) Offense and Defense going into Playoff Game vs Today:

Going into that game the Bills offense averaged 31.3 points per game (2nd in the NFL) and the Colts averaged 28.2 points per game (9th in the NFL). On defense, Buffalo allowed an average of 23.4 points per game (16th) and Indianapolis allowed an average of 22.6 points per game (tied for 10th).

The only category that's changed a lot from last year is the Bills scoring defense. On offense, the Bills are currently averaging 31.1 points per game (2nd) and the Colts are averaging 26.8 points per game (8th). On defense, Buffalo is allowing an average of 15 points per game (1st) and Indianapolis is allowing an average of 23 points per game (13th).

2) Reich love from McDermott:

"What happened in last year's game will have no effect on this year's game," McDermott said. "Last year's team was last year's team and this year's team is this year's team. And they're a good football team, well coached by a guy that a lot of Bills fans respect and adore for what he did here in his time in Buffalo. Frank's (Reich) a class act in everything he does and I know he'll have his team prepared."

3) New Week, New Plan from Daboll:

Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll explained it's not as easy as just carrying successful things from one week over to the next week. Each week they face a different team, which means they'll have to create a different plan for how that defense will try to stop the Bills.

What matters is their consistency in how they prepare and execute that plan every week.

"Ultimately it comes down to executing whatever you've planned for that particular week," Daboll said. "And that's really what we try to focus on each week. You can't get too far ahead of yourself. You can't get too down if things aren't perfect. I think that's what we try to do in terms of the leadership group is to stay consistent, stay authentic, communicate well. And then, each week you kind of start building back up."

I just hope that either McDermott's words about needing teams to respect our run threat have sunk in, or that McDermott is exercising oversight over Daboll.  I loves me some Dabs, but at times I think he takes his "game plan for each opponent" too far instead of working from fundamentals.  It's like instead of "we need to run, or their defense will be able to do Bad Things, so let's figure out how we can make it work" he's "oh, we can't run out of (1,1) between the tackles on them, so we'll abandon the run and just pass 60 times"

4) Frazier sounds worried

The last time the Bills faced a big threat in the run game they allowed 143 rushing yards and three rushing touchdowns to Derrick Henry. But overall, Buffalo has been successful at stopping the run by only allowing an average of 83.9 rushing yards per game (3rd).

Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier knows they can't solely focus on stopping the run because the Colts have weapons in the passing game as well.

"When you're playing one of the top-ranked teams in the league as far as explosive plays, both in the passing game as well as in the run game, it creates a dilemma to a degree as you're trying to figure out how to deal with an excellent running back who is having a terrific season, but yet they've got a couple receivers that can make plays down the field," Frazier explained. "It's a challenge. We'll have to work real hard as a staff to come up with a plan to slow this offense down and hopefully minimize the number of explosives that they get."

Any game where the Bills go into the game with their coaches talking like that, I kind of worry.  Because fundamentally it's a "man whupping man" game, and if the plan is to "slow this offense down" and "minimize the explosives", it doesn't sound like the coaches are in the "man whupping man" mindset.

5) Colts are hot, and Reich is riding the "why not us?" underdog mindset

The Colts started the season 1-4 and since then have won the last four of five games.

It's all about getting hot at the perfect time, right? Could the Colts be doing just that?

They're certainly heating up right now and have seven games left in the regular season with a Week 14 bye. After their win against the Jaguars, head coach Frank Reich made a case for his team and the run they can make in the AFC.

"There's a lot of good teams in the AFC but no one's just taken over, so why can't it be us? Why can't the Indianapolis Colts take over right now? That's our mindset," Reich said. "Why can't we take over? So, if we're going to do it, we got to prove it this weekend in Buffalo against a very good football team."

You can help.  Your added Colts content here:

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think the blue over blue with solid white socks like the Dallas Thanksgiving game would look good.  Gut is telling me reds though.

I think that we will see the red & red combo on Monday night Vs. the Patriots*.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just a note that people on the Twitters are trying to conclude from this that Star was unvaccinated because "only the unvaccinated test on game days", but that isn't correct.

Any player (vaccinated or not) who is identified as a close contact of someone who tests positive (need not be a player) will test immediately

Any player (vaccinated or not) who reports a symptom that might be Covid - and at this point, that's a very long list - will test immediately

So, for example, Star might be told that one of his kids just tested positive -> test immediately

Star might wake up with a sniffle and a sore throat -> test immediately

If he tests positive and has symptoms, he can not return until he is symptom free and tests negative 2x 24 hrs apart, even if he is vaccinated.

Or, he might be unvaccinated and be held out the minimum 10 days. 

We just don't know at this point.

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I really hate it when the Bills coaches on Mon and Weds are talking about what a big challenge they have and how they need to come up with a plan to limit and slow the opponent down.

I hate it because when the Bills coaches talk like that, we seem to wind up with a "play scared" defensive plan like we had against the Chiefs in the AFC Championship Game or against the Titans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.