OBJ drama in Cleveland

YoloinOhio

Yep. Listened last night to Freddie & Fitzsimmonds on ESPN they talked about this. Funny 3 years ago I was jealous we didnt' get OBJ. Now I am thinking we dodged a bullet and yea CLE should get Cooks he would be a much better fit and teammate.

It's wild the best WR of the draft in 2014 was Davante Adams in the 2nd round and Mike Evans who was the 2nd WR taken (and who I wanted the Bills to take). That 2014 WR draft was insane talent wise.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was dressed as an alligator for Halloween. Dreadful effort. 

He got dressed up early. He’s been like that in every game he’s played this season. Short arming the ball constantly and putting in a real crappy effort. Baker should post video of that.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Browns are decent when healthy but I don’t think they are a SB team. They can’t throw the ball right now at all. 

They are limited on offense and their defense is just average for whatever reason with all that talent.

Decent is a good word.  They are a fringe WC team and I think miss the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

He's always been a decent WR, but not quite as elite as the media hyped him up to be. I've never seen a player getter hyped up so such a degree, literally because of one catch. 

And, as if anybody needs to be reminded-- that one catch was from Eli Manning back in 2015.

I disagree here.  He was on pace to be one the best wideouts to ever play the game.  Then he started believing his own hype, and getting hurt.  He hasnt been a real star in the league in nearly 5 years but his first three years were incredible.

• Like (+1) 1

The old man ain't wrong.  Have to figure Landry and Jones draw the hard coverages, so only targeting him twice in the game sends a message.  Don't break him again before the trade deadline.

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Meanwhile Scottlaw still has the Browns beating the Bills in the AFCCG.

Hilarious.  Somebody please dredge up those threads in which he praises their organization from top to bottom as being "the most talented roster in the league."

49 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Yep. Listened last night to Freddie & Fitzsimmonds on ESPN they talked about this. Funny 3 years ago I was jealous we didnt' get OBJ. Now I am thinking we dodged a bullet and yea CLE should get Cooks he would be a much better fit and teammate.

It's wild the best WR of the draft in 2014 was Davante Adams in the 2nd round and Mike Evans who was the 2nd WR taken (and who I wanted the Bills to take). That 2014 WR draft was insane talent wise.

We arguably took the least talented guy in that draft.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

If I’m the Browns I trade for Cooks and get OBJ out of there

Who else could he possibly blame?

His son for not catching it when its thrown his way?

2021 Targets 34

2021 Catches 17

Career Targets 832

Career Catches 504

Looks like the guy could use some stickum ;)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeckOd00.htm

OBJ is still an excellent WR.  That offense, when its working, is run first. Baker is much more of a Tannehill than he is Mahomes/Allen/Rodgers. Baker is a capable game manager that can make plays in the passing game when the run game is clicking.  Landry will always be the first target based on the routes he runs and separation he gets.  Cleveland is better without him since they force stuff his way.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.