Game Thread: MNF Colts @ Ravens

PromoTheRobot

4 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I don’t know about that.  Maybe the Colts suck… but the Ravens certainly can play when they want to.  When Lamar is actually throwing the ball well, they’re pretty good…

I was specifically referring to the Ravens defense.  The Colts are not exactly an offensive juggernaut and playing at home I would have expected a better showing by their D.  IMO the Bills, Chargers and Browns are the top AFC teams.  It will be interesting to see how the Ravens stack up against the Browns twice.

Just now, Paulus said:

The record breaking kick (win) was proceeded by an aggregious delay of game (technical penalty) penalty not called. 

This game, Jackson fumbled at the goal line right before they scored the TD that ended up resulting in the tie.

Okay.  The first one in the previous game, you are correct.  But in this game Lamar's knee was clearly down before the fumble.  It was the right call.

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I was specifically referring to the Ravens defense.  The Colts are not exactly an offensive juggernaut and playing at home I would have expected a better showing by their D.  IMO the Bills, Chargers and Browns are the top AFC teams.  It will be interesting to see how the Ravens stack up against the Browns twice.

Gotcha.  Yeah, I’m hoping the Browns and Ravens beat the living crap out of each other. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Okay.  The first one in the previous game, you are correct.  But in this game Lamar's knee was clearly down before the fumble.  It was the right call.

Maybe, you're correct. Still, I want to see that play again.

Edited by Paulus

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Can’t root against Jackson 

he gets a lot of the same ***** Allen does

Both have that grittiness that can win ugly games when needed.

Mahomes needs the big pretty plays. He's amazingly talented, no doubt but guys like Allen and Jackson can will their teams to wins

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I thought I read on this board that Jackson wasn't a good throwing QB.  37/43 442 yards and 4 TD.  

I think the Colts entire secondary literally got injured and it was all practice squad level guys...lamar made some nice throws though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I thought I read on this board that Jackson wasn't a good throwing QB.  37/43 442 yards and 4 TD.  

He was going against practice squad and backup DB's in the 2nd half, where he got most of his yards. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Except for last year against the Bills.

But last second wins against Detroit and Indy, two teams with a combined record of 1 - 9, also says something. The fact is that the Ravens are 1 - 3 in the playoffs with Jackson and they haven't played well on offense in any of those playoff games.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Baltimore needs to pay Lamar yesterday. They aren’t saving themselves any money with games like that.

He’s a proficient passer. He makes it tough on teams. Lamar and the Ravens are beatable for sure. But they’re a tough match up for all 31 franchises

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

He’s a proficient passer. He makes it tough on teams. Lamar and the Ravens are beatable for sure. But they’re a tough match up for all 31 franchises

Not really. The Bills bottled them up on offense both times they have played them.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.