Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

That line sounds about right.  The Bills haven't played but one really good offensive game.  The Defense has been really good, but the Offenses they faced are not anywhere near the Chiefs.  The Bills will have to be able to maintain drives and come away with TDs, executing better than they have outside of the WFT game.  A good barometer game for both teams.

• Like (+1) 2

I really love this team but I can’t get myself to feel confident about a KC game until I see them do it.  I want an aggressive game plan on both sides of the ball and let the chips fall where they may.  This week’s game does not make or break the season, but a W would go a very long way towards a potential playoff matchup.  We can’t be the Chefs’ beyotches any longer.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 15
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

I really love this team but I can’t get myself to feel confident about a KC game until I see them do it.  I want an aggressive game plan on both sides of the ball and let the chips fall where they may.  This week’s game does not make or break the season, but a W would go a very long way towards a potential playoff matchup.  We can’t be the Chefs’ beyotches any longer.

This!  The Chiefs have been our Patriots of late. Need to break through that barrier. Defense will need to continue playing at a high level, and Josh/offense will need more red zone TD’s (second half play yesterday versus first half).  Pumped that we’ve manhandled the inferior Dolphins, WFT and Texans… but the fun starts now.  

If we beat the Chiefs, that’s a huge confidence boost for this team, and agree with your playoff matchup comment. 

the D is gonna need a couple turnovers or big stops, and the O needs to score 4TDs.  we've been stronger in the first half all season (even vs DC, their points came on total flukes), so i think we need like 17+ in the first half to win this.

I don't want to be a homer, but I see us coming into this game like a house on fire. I think this may be the best Bills team to face the Chiefs in awhile. I see a motivated football team taking this one by the horns.

My biggest concern is Milano's injury. But guys like Taron Johnson can pick up the slack covering Kelce, and its good to know the team has played w/o Milano recently even if it was not our best. 

I highly respect this Chiefs team, but i think 3rd times the charm. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Don't see this game as coming out well for the Bills.   Home prime time for Chiefs.   Looks like Davis and Milano and Poyer might be out or still limited.  Still no answer for Chiefs D line.   Mahomes too difficult to get to for a sack.  H-ll, Bills couldn't sack him last year when he was on one foot.  

Hope I'm wrong, but Chiefs look to be built to be a bad matchup for what the Bills have.   Dominant TE against the McD zone defense; quick release QB.   Can't get in a shootout without Josh getting killed by the KC front 4.  

I still don't see it.   As I say, hope I'm wrong.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Don't see this game as coming out well for the Bills.   Home prime time for Chiefs.   Looks like Davis and Milano and Poyer might be out or still limited.  Still no answer for Chiefs D line.   Mahomes too difficult to get to for a sack.  H-ll, Bills couldn't sack him last year when he was on one foot.  

Hope I'm wrong, but Chiefs look to be built to be a bad matchup for what the Bills have.   Dominant TE against the McD zone defense; quick release QB.   Can't get in a shootout without Josh getting killed by the KC front 4.  

Dang bro. We might as well not even show up. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

National TV, against Mahomes in prime time. This game will hinge (in my opinion) on how fast Josh settles in. Hoping Daboll plans out some high % pass plays and some smart play designs.

However, this is normally the type of game he likes to get cute early and try and throw im some early trickery.

Both defenses will hear how great the offenses are all week so I expect the defenses to rise up a bit. I think it may be lower scoring than many want to think. 27-23 type game.

• Like (+1) 1

We scored two touchdowns in the AFCCG. One where started on the 5 yard line after a fumble. The other in garbage time.

Allen, who was a superstar all year, shrunk in both games vs KC. McDermott coached scared. We got outcoached, outplayed, completely outclassed.

We will likely spend most of this season blowing out garbage teams. Won't mean anything if we can't beat KC. This game is huge.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Just noted that the Bills point differential through 4 weeks is +90!!!!!  

But this has been a joke of a schedule through 4 weeks and yes an embarrassing loss vs. Pittsburgh.

But KC is really wounded and in trouble.  Their offense has been good, but not really going "all cylinders" right now.  Their defense is terrible and again this is an important game for Josh after what were bad/subpar performances the last two times vs. KC.

Yes a lot will be said this week, but this is a big game for the Bills this week (much like Arizona Cardinals yesterday vs. the LA Rams).   

After the first four games, I’d still have to go with the Chiefs here. It’s matchup football and the Chiefs can exploit more of those. I don’t see any matchup advantage the Bills defense has when they’re on the filed. So it comes down to Josh and the offense to put up TDs early and often. Even after 3 weeks of 35+, they still just don’t seem to be firing on all cylinders. Chiefs win by 10. Get a split in KC/ TEN games and the Bills will still be in very good shape. If they lose them both, it’s an uphill climb the rest of the way. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

Exactly what process are you trusting?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Process said:

We scored two touchdowns in the AFCCG. One where started on the 5 yard line after a fumble. The other in garbage time.

Allen, who was a superstar all year, shrunk in both games vs KC. McDermott coached scared. We got outcoached, outplayed, completely outclassed.

We will likely spend most of this season blowing out garbage teams. Won't mean anything if we can't beat KC. This game is huge.

The Bills were hobbled in the AFC title game, but the coaching was their worst of the season. All that aside, they’re fairly healthy now by comparison. We can’t say it won’t mean anything if they don’t beat the Chiefs as KC has already fallen to the Ravens and Chargers. It’s far from guaranteed that the Bills would face KC if they can reach another AFCCG. They certainly need a more aggressive gameplan from McD and Company. Dusting off last year’s gameplans not an option here. Anything less than Daboll and Frazier’s best will get them beat. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So basically a pickem game since home teams usually get 3…we know the Chiefs are going to dare the Bills to run and for Joshs 30th rated oline to give him happy feet in the pocket….we also know the book is out on Patty Mahomes he’s a whole different qb when his line doesn’t hold up 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 1

From what I saw of the Chiefs yesterday the Eagles did a very good job of shutting down the big plays. I think the only one they hit was with 2 mins left in the game with Eagles DBs pressing for a turnover. So drop into coverage and take your chances with Hilaire and their run game.

Hurts constantly attacked the left side of the Chiefs D with consistent success. That D was not good at all three levels. The Eagles also had 3 TDs taken away by infractions I believe, at least one of them, the pick, being a very weak call IMO.

If Josh and Daboll come with a good gameplan, patiently take what the defence is giving up using the diversity of their weapons, mixing in a few longer throws (Hurts made a few big plays in the passing game) they should be successful. The Chiefs D I saw yesterday would be no match.

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

No backup or broken down QB this week.

We all get that.

I don't think there is a soul on this form that is expecting the Bills D to go into KC and shut them down, no one has in KC. NE did that for a half in the conference title game of 2018. That's about it.

This game is about Josh being an MVP, Daboll mixing in a running game to keep the Chiefs pass rushers honest (which they failed miserably in doing last year) and the Bills actually having healthy receivers to help him out.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

We all get that.

I don't think there is a soul on this form that is expecting the Bills D to go into KC and shut them down, no one has in KC. NE did that for a half in the conference title game of 2018. That's about it.

This game is about Josh being an MVP, Daboll mixing in a running game to keep the Chiefs pass rushers honest (which they failed miserably in doing last year) and the Bills actually having healthy receivers to help him out.

The game is about winning, any way possible.

The Bills will be viewed as a serious contender or just a good team at the end of Sunday. (nothing wrong with being a good team but we all want more)

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

We all get that.

The Chargers D did a pretty good job. The Bills defense needs a performance similar to that or they don’t win. Plain and simple. 

Bills should be underdogs and until we smack these arrogant jerks on national TV we will look up at them as the class of the AFC. Our defense has been nasty against offensive underachievers now let's see them dominate on the road against a tough crowd and a team that has gone to 2 straight SBs. Stop Hill and Kelce for once.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Chargers D did a pretty good job. The Bills defense needs a performance similar to that or they don’t win. Plain and simple. 

KC was giving the ball away like a hot potato that day.

Can't expect that this time around.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.