Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Context .. Pittsburgh beat Buffalo. Heck one year the Bills beat the Pats 31-0 back in the drought years. Crazy losses happen. If the Bills win it would not be "expected" but to make it like we have no chance is not  a logical stance. At present I put it at 35-40% chance the Bills win.

I put it at 50%.  Our defense is much better than theirs and will be effective at neutralizing most of the weapons they have.  

Our offense has improved every week and will obviously be up for this game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Anyone else worried about Josh Gordon.  I know, he's 30, been out of the league, etc.  I can't find the link, but apparently KC is going to activate him and he's "looked like a top #1 WR" during practice.  

About as worried as I was when they picked up Kelvin Benjamin when we cut him loose. 

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Thoughts:

KC will score at least 20 points. I dont think our D will look even close to what we are used to right now. I think it will be better than what we saw in last years two games though.

So if KC gets to 24 points its all on the offense. If we get the good Josh and can protect we win this one 38-24. If we get the no so good version its a long night and we lose 24-16. 

I mean of course what we're used to right now is 44 points across 4 games(11pts per game) that's not a reasonable expectation against one of the top offenses in the NFL.

• Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Exactly my view & while trap was the wrong word, always when a team is too high on themselves, it is usually the next game that is an issue.  The last three weeks have been a joke for the Bills, which is why I used the word.

The last 3 weeks the Bills have looked like Alabama playing some overmatched opponent. This will be the first real test since the Steelers game.

6 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

we all circled this game when the schedule came out months ago, , we know the past, its time to show whether we have improved (game plans on both sides and esp the pass rush) ...or not...

Respectfully, speak for yourself FRB.

...I highlighted it.  Then I put two gold stars around it.  

Seriously, this is IT.  If we win the next two the conversation is really just fly right and stay ahead of Baltimore, Cleveland and the Raiders, because even though it will only be through week six everything will be about HFA.

I searched, but this didn't come up:

I was listening to The Herd with Colin Cowherd on the radio today. There was a guest host--I think Dan something? Sorry, I didn't get his name.

This Dan made a few points:

1. The Chiefs being favored by only 3 points at home is bulletin board material for them, and Vegas thinks essentially both teams are equal. KC will be angry about this.

2. Josh is good but not great. He will not replicate the success he had last year. He had one great game, one good game, and two iffy ones so far.

3. But Josh doesn't need to be great, since the defense is rated number one and will carry this team.

4. It is possible the Bills will beat KC, but he said it is also possible he could grow wings and learn to fly. He said it won't happen.

Ugh...but don't shoot the messenger!!

Edited by chongli
  • Disagree 2

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

What Chiefs are saying.  Would have done this last week too, but Texans board is Dead.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=e0598527939541e4b842845477f18a49&t=340068

1. They expect a close game, with both teams scoring a lot of points. I don't know about that. To me, it depends on the Milano/Kelce situation.

2. Their forum software is ugly as sin. It's like trolling at MySpace. Makes me appreciate TSW even more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, boater said:

1. They expect a close game, with both teams scoring a lot of points. I don't know about that. To me, it depends on the Milano/Kelce situation.

2. Their forum software is ugly as sin. It's like trolling at MySpace. Makes me appreciate TSW even more.

We've expected that from these two teams the last two times and have yet to get it, I'm not getting my hopes up on that front again.

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would suspect Feliciano steps back into his LG spot, once healthy.  Hopefully he's ready for this week.

I still think he's a better option than Ike.  Be interesting to see what transpires.  

Spencer Brown certainly made his presence felt, looking like a very solid pick.

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Context .. Pittsburgh beat Buffalo. Heck one year the Bills beat the Pats 31-0 back in the drought years. Crazy losses happen. If the Bills win it would not be "expected" but to make it like we have no chance is not  a logical stance. At present I put it at 35-40% chance the Bills win.

i've literally seen nobody doing this.

Brown vs Jones will be an interesting battle.   Different kind of pass rusher.  I think he will be ok though.  Imo Buffalo is in the best place going into the match up vs the last 2.  Covid delay and then all the wrs being injured.  I feel much better about this game than the last two.  Allen has yet to have a good game against KC when it happens Buffalo wins.  

Not feeling overly confident about this week based on last years showings.  Bills either need to have a wildly different game plan from last year or make better adjustments based off of KC's defensive packages.  On paper, Bills should have the advantage, better defense and capable offense going against KC's subpar D.  But KC's defense was just as bad last year and they game planned the Bills perfectly both times.  

As Rod Tidwell says, " Show me the money"

28 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Brown vs Jones will be an interesting battle.   Different kind of pass rusher.  I think he will be ok though.  Imo Buffalo is in the best place going into the match up vs the last 2.  Covid delay and then all the wrs being injured.  I feel much better about this game than the last two.  Allen has yet to have a good game against KC when it happens Buffalo wins.  

Josh has to take what KC is giving him early in the game. Checkdowns to the RBs, TEs. Dictate to the KC defense that he’s in control. Don’t try to battle Mahomes yard for yard. If he do this, Bills will win. Will also send shockwaves to the rest of the league that the Bills ain’t nothing to **** wit

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Josh has to take what KC is giving him early in the game. Checkdowns to the RBs, TEs. Dictate to the KC defense that he’s in control. Don’t try to battle Mahomes yard for yard. If he do this, Bills will win. Will also send shockwaves to the rest of the league that the Bills ain’t nothing to **** wit

Agreed.  My point, he has pressed in both matchups.  Similar opponents Seahawks and Rams he was on fire.  If the Allen vs Rams and Seahawks plays Buffalo wins 100%.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I think we should come out running the ball on KC.  Establish that, then unleash Josh.  Calm Josh down, that OL looked much better, and I like having Singletary/Moss involved early.  Seems to get everyone going, opens stuff up.  

Sanders is a game changer for us v. Brown last year, so that's a positive on offense.  So is Knox's improvement.  

Unclear how our D plays, first top offense it's faced.  Hopefully the D line is ready to rumble.  

KC D is giving up 5.4yds/rush so far this year.

• Like (+1) 1

I want a decisive victory and dominance on both sides of the ball.     If the Bills want to be the best they have to be the best.    The opportunity to beat the best in the AFC is this weekend.    I want to see Spencer Brown steamrolling people with Moss and Singletary charging behind him.   I want to see the Bills take whatever is available in the passing game whether that means short passes in the slot, tight end drags or whatever.    I want to see Josh connect with his opportunities in the deep passing game when they are there to be had.    And please let me see the pass rush harassing and disrupting Mahomes all night.   Go Bills!

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Anyone else worried about Josh Gordon.  I know, he's 30, been out of the league, etc.  I can't find the link, but apparently KC is going to activate him and he's "looked like a top #1 WR" during practice.  

yeah well our boy Nathan Peterman was stellar in practice too *nods*

lol

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Will we see Devin, Zack, and Matt this game? get them used to tackling Devin and Zack then surprise them with a pass to Diggs/Beasley/Knox/Sanders/Davis(pick one)

Fixed it. Their pass defense is nearly as bad.

Edited by Rockinon

4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

It's kind of crazy to think after the Bills win on Sunday they will have a 3 game lead for home field on KC

And the easiest schedule in the league the rest of the way. We'd have such a huge advantage over KC that the Browns may be our biggest competition after this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bkep32 said:

Cant wait i will be there!

try to make time for tailgating it doesnt need to be elaborate.  a pizza or sub and cooler for drinks soak in the atmosphere. Enjoy! There will be a bills fans contingency  somewhere Im sure

GO BILLS!~!

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, njbuff said:

MAKE CHRIS JONES A NON-FACTOR.

Anyone know Tanya Harding’s number?

asking for a friend… 😁

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.