Jets Carl Lawson suffers leg injury **Update - Out for the season

Virgil

Injuries were a major reason the Bengals didn't resign him (tore both ACL's, hamstring issues) and the Jets were always rolling the dice giving this guy 30 million guaranteed.  Some guys are just injury prone for whatever reason.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I know we aren’t a Jets board, but as a rival and their biggest defensive threat, I thought it would be relevant 

What was gruesome about it? Thought they said it he felt his achilles pop or something. Is it hanging on by the skin or something

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah this is sad to say the least. I was just reading how he was having a great camp and giving Becton the business and how that has humbled Becton into knowing he still need to improve.

With that being said I don't think there is another team in the NFL in the last 5 years that has given out more money to players for little or no production in return than the Jets. They have really been unlucky in that regard

Totally sucks. I know its weird but I sort of like Jets and I hoped they could be better that Pats and Dolphins this year and years to come and create new rivalry with Bills. This guy was great through the TC and was destroying Becton. It really sucks for him and the Jets. I feel for them. They seemed to finally have a good young passrusher after centuries and now this.

Edited by No_Matter_What

There was a Russian gymnast at the Olympics who had an Achilles rupture in April, I think.  He competed and medaled, I believe.  Astounding.  Expectations are, if Lawson ruptured his Achilles, that he would easily miss the entire season and may still be less than 100% when he reports to camp next year.

Edited by BigAl2526

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

My disdain for the Jets does not extend to individuals, except for Henry Anderson. **** that guy. Sad news for Lawson though. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery. 

Guys like Henry Anderson should be more heavily fined/suspended.  The NFL worries about players taunting, what Henry Anderson does endangers others players bodies. It isnt a "mistake" when it happens repeatedly.  https://www.facebook.com/Coldfrontreport/videos/dirty-hits-by-jets-dl-henry-anderson-on-josh-allen-stephen-hauschka/387196525511067/

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

There was a Russian gymnast at the Olympics who had an Achilles rupture in April, I think.  He competed and medaled, I believe.  Astounding.  Expectations are, it Lawson ruptured his Achilles, that he'll easily miss the entire season and may still be less than 100% when he reports to camp next year.

he's 26 so a year of rehabbing should have him ready for next year. 

As a person who shares the surname Lawson, I sure hate to see any Lawson go down with an injury. 

I of course had wanted the Bills to sign Carl, mainly because it's been too long since there was a Lawson on this team to root for. 

In all seriousness, always hate to see serious injuries. It's always preferable to see the Bills dominate a fully healthy team over a team missing their best players. 

My best friend is a Jets fan. We used to have arguments over whether it was worse to be a Bills fan or a Jets fan. I've been happily losing that argument for the past few years. That said, I hope there comes a day when the Patriots are irrelevant, the Dolphins are a mess, and the Bills and Jets duke it out for the AFC East every year for a decade. Of course, it's much easier to have sympathy for Jets fans now that I don't live in New York City and am no longer surrounded by guys in Wayne Chrebet jerseys. 

27 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

he's 26 so a year of rehabbing should have him ready for next year. 

Achilles has ruined careers, Sanders is one of the better recovery stories.

Hate to see it, even if it’s a Jet. I hope Lawson regains his form and can slap around Macky Jones and Tua for a few years. 

• Virgil changed the title to Jets Carl Lawson suffers leg injury
43 minutes ago, H2o said:

My disdain for the Jets does not extend to individuals, except for Henry Anderson. **** that guy. Sad news for Lawson though. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery. 

I just looked Henry Anderson up.  What is the slimiest franchise/organization he would go to?  He is now their starting RDE.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

There was another article I didn’t link that said others heard it and knew it was bad.  I’m going to edit the title 

I was expecting something Bridgewater-like....not that his isn't isn't serious. It is.

A great player, similar to Jerry Hughes who brings it. He will be missed in 2021. Good luck in his rehab. Still a great signing by the Jets to solidify their pass rush. Dude has 20 career sacks on the Bengals, he was due for a 10+ sack season with the talent on the Jets D like Jerry did after coming from Indy in 2013.

29 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I just looked Henry Anderson up.  What is the slimiest franchise/organization he would go to?  He is now their starting RDE.

Oh yeah, I know. No surprise at all. My hatred for him began while he was wearing a Jets uni though. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2