Bills passing TD record is 33 - Will Allen break Kelly's record this year

Kelly's record  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Will Allen surpass Kelly this year?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Kelly threw 33 TD's in 1991 and that's the franchise record.  Allen has 26 with 4 games left....against pretty good defenses.

Will Allen get to 34? 

I think he's already broken the total TD's.

He may run for a few also..........I'm voting yes, however.

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Kelly threw 33 TD's in 1991 and that's the franchise record.  Allen has 26 with 4 games left....against pretty good defenses.

Will Allen get to 34? 

11 TDs 4 games

Yes.  Why not. 

Pitt 2

DENVER 3
NE3

MIA 4

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Will Allen get to 34? 

I was actually looking this up already  because I was also curious.

i got that he has 26+ 6 and jimbo in ‘91 had 33+1 

getting close... 

also up to 7th on all time Bills yards, passed Flutie along with a bunch of other Who’s who of train wreck, disaster and flame out former bills QBs. Should get Tryhard in 1-2 more games, then it’s Drew, Fitz, Kemp, Fergy, Kelly. 

funny story, Jim well stop the list, started in buffalo @ 26, having his best years in his early 30’s.  Josh is 24!! 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Kelly did that during a D friendly stretch and also missed 1 or 2 games that year IIRC or he probably would’ve also broken through 4K yards—but it’s time the torch gets passed, and I couldn’t be happier Josh is well on his way! 

Indeed. He was knocked out of the Colts game early that year and he sat out the finale against the Lions. He threw 33 in 14 games!

Very glad to see Josh pushing these limits already.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Kelly did that during a D friendly stretch and also missed 1 or 2 games that year IIRC or he probably would’ve also broken through 4K yards—but it’s time the torch gets passed, and I couldn’t be happier Josh is well on his way! 

I mentioned this in another thread. Last year, I finally bought a John Allen jersey and wore it to the playoff game here in Houston. Couldn't have been prouder!! I used to only wear my Jim Kelly jersey, but it's been replaced by #17!!

11 minutes ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

Indeed. He was knocked out of the Colts game early that year and he sat out the finale against the Lions. He threw 33 in 14 games!

Very glad to see Josh pushing these limits already.

That reminds my of OJ breaking the 2,000 yards. In a 14 game season!! I appreciate all the other running backs that have reached 2,000, but only OJ did it in 14 games. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

I mentioned this in another thread. Last year, I finally bought a John Allen jersey and wore it to the playoff game here in Houston. Couldn't have been prouder!! I used to only wear my Jim Kelly jersey, but it's been replaced by #17!!

That reminds my of OJ breaking the 2,000 yards. In a 14 game season!! I appreciate all the other running backs that have reached 2,000, but only OJ did it in 14 games. 

The first rule of Fight Club is we don't talk about O.J.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

tough defenses the rest of the way, but better than SF's? I'm not sold. Pitt is banged up. Playing their 3rd string mlb this week. And Hayden may be in concussion protocal. The middle of the field should be wide open all day. And they are still going to be the best of the defenses we will face to finish out the regular season IMO.Not to take anything away from the other squads by no means. I think he'll get the record. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Will Allen get to 34? 

Josh will have to do it in 3 games as he will be sitting out the Miami game :) 

He is on pace for 34 or 35 depending on rounding up or down....so if he only plays his average games he will...

Most assuredly he will break most total TDs as it 34 by Kelly and he has 33 right now, so he only needs 2 more for that one...

Allen will own all the passing records for the Bills one day and it won't even be close 

33 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

Man, I first found that surprising that the record is 33 from the 91 team, but then realized we had Thurman.   Different time, but I hope he gets it.

Yeah,  Thurman was scoring a ton back then as well 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I think so.  We’re facing 4 pretty darn good defenses to end the season (New England might be the WORST of the four, honestly), but we know Allen and company are up to the challenge 

New England may be the worst on paper but they are the most likely to put some unexpected wrinkles in that stump us id say

1 hour ago, wjag said:

I said no.  @Den, @NE, Pitt and Mia.  Four tough defenses.  Lousy weather coming.  

Allen has some of his best games against Miami...remember the end of Allen's rookie year where he threw his only career pick 6 right before half and then came out in the 2nd half and absolutely destroyed them?

Miami playing man coverage is a recipe for disaster.

Just now, matter2003 said:

Allen has some of his best games against Miami...remember the end of Allen's rookie year where he threw his only career pick 6 right before half and then came out in the 2nd half and absolutely destroyed them?

Miami playing man coverage is a recipe for disaster.

That game was a long, long time ago. Miami has really got their defensive act together since then.  I doubt we’ll see the same defense in December.  But for me it’s more about the weather than anything else.  Next four games all have potential to be crappy weather games.  That’s what will hold the TD count down.  True Josh plays well against the Fins, but late December in Buffalo might he run-first type games.  We’ll see.  

47 minutes ago, wjag said:

That game was a long, long time ago. Miami has really got their defensive act together since then.  I doubt we’ll see the same defense in December.  But for me it’s more about the weather than anything else.  Next four games all have potential to be crappy weather games.  That’s what will hold the TD count down.  True Josh plays well against the Fins, but late December in Buffalo might he run-first type games.  We’ll see.  

Oh? How did it go in the first game this year for them?

On 12/8/2020 at 3:08 PM,

Royale with Cheese said:

Will Allen get to 34? 

11 TDs 4 games 

Slim

Shady'sSpace Force said:

Yes.  Why not. 

Pitt  - 2

DENVER  - 3
NE  - 3

MIA   - 4

1 down 3 to go.  

LOL  OK  maybe I overdid the Miami game.  If the #1 seed is up for grabs -  It will be close.

Voted no, not because I don't think he could, but because he will not play much after Saturday...   (unless Pitt stumbles again we have nothing to gain to keep Josh playing).  The Miami game is going to be the Matt Barkley - Jake Fromm Game as it should be...   No starters in that game. .   

This needs a bump.

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/allen-sets-franchise-record-as-bills-top-steelers-26-15-extend-lead-in-afc-east

The Bills came out in the 3rd quarter and capitalized on their first drive of the half after Josh Allen found Stefon Diggs for their first offensive touchdown of the game.

The touchdown pass was Allen's 34th of the season, which tied him with Jim Kelly for the team's single season record.

But that record was short-lived. Minutes later, the Bills offense capitalized after another solid defensive stand. Allen, this time, found rookie Gabriel Davis for the 13-yard score to take a 23-7 lead, giving Allen the new franchise record for total touchdowns in a season with 35.

On 12/8/2020 at 3:08 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Will Allen get to 34? 

umm  Where did you get your info from?  your # was off by quite a bit. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

14 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

This needs a bump.

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/allen-sets-franchise-record-as-bills-top-steelers-26-15-extend-lead-in-afc-east

The Bills came out in the 3rd quarter and capitalized on their first drive of the half after Josh Allen found Stefon Diggs for their first offensive touchdown of the game.

The touchdown pass was Allen's 34th of the season, which tied him with Jim Kelly for the team's single season record.

But that record was short-lived. Minutes later, the Bills offense capitalized after another solid defensive stand. Allen, this time, found rookie Gabriel Davis for the 13-yard score to take a 23-7 lead, giving Allen the new franchise record for total touchdowns in a season with 35.

The Pitt games wasn't added yet maybe? Or maybe he was talking passing TD's and not total?

22 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

This needs a bump.

No, passing TDs vs total TDs.  Jimbo didn't run as many in as Josh.

The article writer chose his words poorly creating the confusion.

*edit*  Weirdly, you skipped right over the part specifying total touchdowns when you were highlighting text, did you do that on purpose?

Edited by 1ManRaid