Jets cut Le'Veon Bell

The Jokeman

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As I understand it, Bell had $8M guaranteed this year that the Jets are on the hook for in addition to amortized signing bonus.  $13M cap hit or something like that

So is he a street free agent or does he have to clear waivers?  Giants would be hilarious on many levels.

Bell is good, he really is, but that Steelers OLine made him look way better than he is. They were that good.

Bills OLine this year have been impressive in pass blocking but bottom of the barrel in run blocking. Bad fit, even though Bell is a good pass catcher. Of course, if he came free you take him ha ha. But this is not the case. You don't burn millions of the salary cap for a slight improvement. 

Our running game is straight up garbage. Has been all year but I'm not sure if it is the fault  of our backs, our line, or the play design and play calling. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on him but as others have said seems like the anti-process guy. Could he be a really good threat as a receiver here? That is what I would want to know because I don't think anyone is running for meaningful yards in our offense.

I think you go after him hard.  Other teams still don't respect our run game and can now key in on allen and the pass.  I think with bell in backfield teams will have to keep an eye on him amd even game plan for him.  So far as he is not asking for top rb dollars.  4 to 6 mil I would do it.

2 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

I think you go after him hard.  Other teams still don't respect our run game and can now key in on allen and the pass.  I think with bell in backfield teams will have to keep an eye on him amd even game plan for him.  So far as he is not asking for top rb dollars.  4 to 6 mil I would do it.

Best reason to sign him is a likely 1 year incentive deal.