Tyrel Dodson getting more snaps than AJ Klein

When Milano went out, Tyrel came in and not AJ. AJ has been pretty invisible though he was the person burned on the Jason Witten TD. AJ is still listed as the starter but had only 8 snaps while Dodson had 19. I suspect AJ will be one and done in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

Klein is visibly slower than any other person on the field outside of the DL and even some of those guys look faster. He's a liability at this point. Playing Dodson is the right move. 

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

When Milano went out, Tyrel came in and not AJ. AJ has been pretty invisible though he was the person burned on the Jason Witten TD. AJ is still listed as the starter but had only 8 snaps while Dodson had 19. I suspect AJ will be one and done in Buffalo.

Good Klein has been so bad in coverage it isnt even funny

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Why the hell did we give this guy a 3-year, $18M contract? Just insane.

It is 9.7 million guaranteed, but after this year I believe we only have a $3.2 million dollar hit if we move on. Maybe he is injured or something, but this does not seem to be working.

• Like (+1) 1

I just don’t think he is a good fit on the outside anymore.

He is to slow in coverage and I think you are seeing him replaced outside with Dodson.  Maybe he is more suited to the MLB position at this point.

We will see once DelShawn gets back - if he and Dodson are ok on the outside - I could see Klein deactivated and let go in the off season.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

It is 9.7 million guaranteed, but after this year I believe we only have a $3.2 million dollar hit if we move on. Maybe he is injured or something, but this does not seem to be working.

4 million in dead cap next year if we cut him.  400k in 2020.  He might stick around next year, particularly if the cap is flat.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Klein is visibly slower than any other person on the field outside of the DL and even some of those guys look faster. He's a liability at this point. Playing Dodson is the right move. 

I'm no @Virgil inside-football-wise, but I know slow when I see it. Just like the Supreme Court did with "adult" material.

He's a huge liability at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

He is to slow in coverage and I think you are seeing him replaced outside with Dodson.  Maybe he is more suited to the MLB position at this point.

We will see once DelShawn gets back - if he and Dodson are ok on the outside - I could see Klein deactivated and let go in the off season.

Klein was always best suited for MLB. Bad part is in this defense the MLB is in coverage. A lot. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Klein does look slow but the few times I watched him he also looks unsure of what he should be doing.

Slow to react I guess is a better way to put it.

Maybe with some more time he can improve that and at least be serviceable when he is called on to play. 

In the meantime Dodson has a good chance to keep improving!

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

He definitely doesn't have the recovery speed if he takes a misstep. 

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Klein was always best suited for MLB. Bad part is in this defense the MLB is in coverage. A lot. 

I think the Bills were hoping to use him as part of the Zo replacement- strong side - limited snaps - more run stopping than coverage.  A lot like they tried to utilize Zo the last couple of years.  Zo was a liability in coverage - so the Bills tried to protect and use him situationally.

The difference is Zo was still a play maker and Klein just seems slow and he has been getting pulled into coverage.  LV did a nice job formation wise - playing big (2TEs) most of the game.  That gets Klein on the field and then they attacked him.  My take away is the Bills learned something and made an adjustment and now we will see how they move forward - especially in regards to Milano’s injury.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

It is not going to happen and I am not even advocating this...but honestly on two days notice a retired Lorax could come in here an replace Klein, straight up.

...I really don't even care if they play the same LB position or not.

Yell this from the rooftops!

image.png.29bde1d040b71a7bce8447deae11a15f.png

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I def think this is where we should be looking with that 1st pick in next year's draft......we are going to be drafting late so its in the right area as well

Klien is just not the4 answer....Dodson provides plays here and there

Dodson is effectively 4 games into his rookie season (cant clunt last year). He is doing GREAT for an undrafted guy a few games into his career. His trajectory is actually amazing, all things considered. I see why the Bills kept him around after that questionable incident last year.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I def think this is where we should be looking with that 1st pick in next year's draft......we are going to be drafting late so its in the right area as well

Klien is just not the4 answer....Dodson provides plays here and there

LBs that can stuff a run then cover a 6'6" TE are hard to come by. Easily worth a 1st round pick.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Dodson is effectively 4 games into his rookie season (cant clunt last year). He is doing GREAT for an undrafted guy a few games into his career. His trajectory is actually amazing, all things considered. I see why the Bills kept him around after that questionable incident last year.

How did this get past the filter!?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Well duhhh... Dodson is a better fit at WLB. Klein is a SLB. He only comes into game if the offense puts a FB onto the field. Or if there are multiple injuries.