Gale Sayers RIP

10 minutes ago, Rico said:

RIP Gale, so much fun to watch when I was a kid... and to those who study stats these days instead of watching games, yes, he is a 100% legit Hall-of-Famer just like Broadway Joe.

The highlights need to be watched they're simply amazing! That's what a HOFer should truly be, someone who when watching at the peak of performance is mind blowing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steve O said:

RIP. Brian Piccolo has been waiting a long time to once again be in the same backfield with him.

and no offense to those who might have differing faiths, but yeah, Steve...I absolutely believe these two are in the same back field together, right now.  It's one of the first things I thought when I heard the news.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

Sorry he's gone. 

In my mind, he was by some measures the greatest.  The guy put together runs that were absolute things of beauty.  Everyone else was running, he was gliding.  

RIP

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Don’t recall anyone who ran like him. 

Exactly.

Sayers was one of the most electric, elusive backs of all time.  His moves were unmatched.  From my time, only Barry Sanders and OJ were even close.  Also, when I lived in Chicago, I dated a girl who lived in the same condo building as Sayers.  We'd see him around from time to time.  He was very friendly and humble.  You wouldn't know he was a celebrity if someone didn't tell you who he was.

• Like (+1) 1

Gayle Sayers - by all accounts, you were a wonderful man and outstanding football player.

When I was a kid, I remember watching Brian's Song and loved the relationship that Gayle and Brian Piccolo had.  They are now back together again.  RIP Gayle.

Scene from Brian's Song - "I love Brian Piccolo"

Edited by Peter